New to PC Racing Sim World

Hello guys.
Some of you might recognize me from the Forza forums here, maybe not. A strange set of circumstances (involving my Fanatec wheel, my iMac, my homemade racing rig and other events) has led me to PC racing. rFactor, LFS and more over the Race series. I have to say I'm having the time of my life with this. Right now I'm using my practically brand new G27 wheel ,that's been boxed away for well over a year, with my Clubsport pedals connected to my new , more powerful iMac running Windows 7 with an office chair literally tied to a desk (need the stability no matter how I can get it) and I have to say it's great.

I probably won't have this setup for long and my PC experience may be fleeting as I know the wife at some point is going to go from "understanding, loving, supportive and amused" to ... well we all know what that will be. So while it lasts I'm going to enjoy myself and wouldn't mind getting in a few races with you guys. Although from running a series here before I know our time differences are usually problematic.

Questions I have for you guys are you all really using all the features in this game? Like on the fly brake bias and stuff like that? I feel you all will smoke me so bad if you are because I know NONE of that. I'm strictly a console sim racer. Well if you all need someone to lap a few times in some races just give me a shout. I'll be glad to play the traffic role for you guys, possibly 2 or 3 times each :(

Yeah was fun. I liked that first track as I'd never done it before. Will join again :)

What you running tonight in terms of the cars? I didn't understand the PM as to if it was a mod or something from simbin?
We'll run the Camaro Cup and I found a pic of the track online:
Kort-Billetter-02.jpg

Hey t.o.
I've been a sim racer for some time now and have had the race07 series for a while but have not had the chance to join a regular group of guys online for some sessions. Sounds like you guys are having some fun and would love to join the action.

I notice it says that you guys use teamspeak here but I see that Steam has a built in chat system. Have any of you tried it? Is it any good? I'd like to test it out and see, my steam name is randombrother777, why it's that I don't know since I thought I put totalownership as my name. I see on one page it's totalownership and on another it's randombrother777

Casper and Tim I acknowledge you guys, don't think I'm ignoring you, I just don't know if it's appropriate to reply here.

@TO: one is your steam username (which you use to log on steam with) the other is your nickname on steam and in games that use your steam profile as Ingame profile (like for instance the call of duty modern warfare series), Race07 does not use this profile afaik.
You can change your nickname whenever you want, but your username stays the same and can't be changed.

Well, yes, but race in the racing club here.

But my mistake anyway. I assumed t.o. had a league or something elsewhere, but now I see that's not the case. I should probably read the posts before jumping in, sorry.
Yeah I'm not trying to get any "defectors" or anything. I'm just looking to race with as many guys who want to race. I understand that there's an effort now to create some organized races but what about a bunch of guys who just want to get on and race with no muss no fuss?

Yeah I'm not trying to get any "defectors" or anything. I'm just looking to race with as many guys who want to race. I understand that there's an effort now to create some organized races but what about a bunch of guys who just want to get on and race with no muss no fuss?
Yup, got it, don't think there are any issues with that, feel free to use the forum in any way it suits :thumbsup:
Especially since I see you mentioned American timezones, and there are no racing club events suited for guys from the new world.

Yup, got it, don't think there are any issues with that, feel free to use the forum in any way it suits :thumbsup:
Especially since I see you mentioned American timezones, and there are no racing club events suited for guys from the new world.
Appreciate it Senad. I really like this game but it's like a ghost town online. I swear I logged into one server and saw some tumbleweed blow across the track. lol

Tim, Kjell and the rest, if you guys can send me your steam name or add me "totalownership" that would be cool, then we can do some racing, or by the last race I had with Justin YOU guys can do some racing while I check out everyone's rear bumper until they disappear. :(

Yeah I found this game like 5 years too late :(
Don't like iRacing, hate the console racers, too arcade for me. I'm signed up on pCars but it's far too early to call that one. I might take a look at simraceway? But I think there is plenty still going on with Race 07 to keep me happy. The public races are a minefield but can still get some good races.
I'm grateful for the Club races here but not always to my liking class wise lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%