F1 2012 New to F1 2012... Official FIA Rules & driving assistance

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey. I'm not new to Codemasters F1 games, as I have 3 (2009 on Wii, 2011 on 3DS, & 2012 for Xbox 360. My question is this. I'm just now starting my first career & season, with custom difficulty settings (so I can set up the race & driving assists to my liking, & only have to turn up the AI car difficulty). I'm wondering about some of the official rules used in this game. For example, if something happens during the race or on the starting grid, can the race be red flagged, or the red start lights start blinking yellow, thus indicating an aborted race start? And I saw in "Quick Race", that there's an option for the safety car rules. (but the difficulty for said quick race has to be either normal/medium, hard, or custom for it to take affect. What about career mode? And, what is the driving assist "pit assist" used for? Every time I make a pit stop, the car goes into autopilot when I reach the marked speed limit active line, all through said stop, & through the pit exit, until car control returns to me at the speed limit deactive line, at the out end of pit road, with an audio reminder from my engineer to not cross the marked white or yellow line on the track. The game is used, as is the Xbox 360, so I didn't get a manual, & I can't find zilch on this game, or the other two, as they're not on Codemasters website, due to the age of each game. I don't know if they're any patches or whatever to download, as I haven't connected the console to Xbox Live yet, as I don't currently have the network portion of the console connected yet. (waiting for parts on order). I love F1, & have followed the sport since I was a small child. I especially am intrigued by the visual quality of this game, particularly the car cockpit detail. A lot of the pertinent race information, such as race position flag status, etc, is right there in front of me on the dashboard, which sometimes is irritating, because it moves if it's in the steering wheel itself. The driver even presses the corresponding button or switch on the steering wheel when I do the same on my controller, (such as for DRS or KERS). I think that's awesome!

I could use the assistance. Thanks. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back