New to Automobilista 2 - CART/IndyCar resources...

Is this sim designed like Assetto Corsa where there are tons of mods and addon cars and tracks? Or is it more closed and you have to purchase the official DLC?

You'll need the Racing USA pack to get the 3 Indy cars: 1995, 98, 2000, and the various American tracks that are part of the DLC. There are no mods for AMS2, it's not a modding platform. The overwhelming opinion on the CART/Indy cars are they are "Awesome!" There is a race on RD tomorrow @ Watkins in the 95 cars.

You'll need the Racing USA pack to get the 3 Indy cars: 1995, 98, 2000, and the various American tracks that are part of the DLC. There are no mods for AMS2, it's not a modding platform. The overwhelming opinion on the CART/Indy cars are they are "Awesome!" There is a race on RD tomorrow @ Watkins in the 95 cars.

Correct me if my math is wrong.... The USA expansion pack part 1 and 2 are $15 each, but the full USA expansion pack is $40? Am I missing something?

I think part 3 is still to come. Road America and the 95 car were the most recent released parts of Pack2. I got the full pack DLC back when it was released, with promise of future content when ready. They are a little behind, but it's well worth it.

fyi wait for a sell i picked it up for 20 bucks but last time it was 25..dont want to take money out of Reizas pocket and if you are in a hurry it is worth the 40 but it often goes on sale.

Cart is big fun but make sure you give some of the other cars a turn. To be honest, driving some of them at Daytona is like stepping into the holodeck. Even with close 1000 hours in sim driving I still have to close my eyes when Im about to wreck. I would just say try out the P1, P4, GT1, GT3 and GTE they are the most popular in online racing and that is where the most fun is in the game. Every now and then you might get a troll but most of the player base is serious about racing and you can have some i-racing tier races.

An update dropped last week with the addition of 2 new cars and a track.
F ultimate gen2 (F1 2022)
Stockcar 2022
Both cars are great, I personally prefer the stockcar
Great update but not really IndyCar focused (which is fine). Just wanted to see if there was anything that I had missed or has been updated recently?

Personally I dont care about turning left on ovals - but if this combi of oval versions of the Cart cars + some oval tracks could get the interest from some iRacing users finding the cost of iRacing membership too high - then the low numbers of AMS2 user base could potientially be raised.
But only potientially because iRacing users are accustomed to the sim they are using does function more or less 100% correct.
Ie without bugs and unsolved issues.
And that is not exactly how AMS2 is working :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Personally I dont care about turning left on ovals - but if this combi of oval versions of the Cart cars + some oval tracks could get the interest from some iRacing users finding the cost of iRacing membership too high - then the low numbers of AMS2 user base could potientially be raised.
But only potientially because iRacing users are accustomed to the sim they are using does function more or less 100% correct.
Ie without bugs and unsolved issues.
And that is not exactly how AMS2 is working :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Even if Reiza knocked the ovals out of the park, id be very surprised if it grabbed many iRacers....simply going off the Automobilista 2 thread on the iRacing forms, shows very little interest in the title.
A total of 8 responses since Nov. 21 and the last being in Feb.
Plus the ai quality, full track selection, and mp numbers don't even compare between the two.

The game however is improving, but as you said....a lot is still not working as it should

I probably agree with you.
The only thing that suddenly popped up in my mind is that if its correct that Reiza will create customed oval versions of the Cart cars then it could be if not a gamechanger then at least something completely new.
Nobody else in the sim world has this - as Im imformed at least.;)

Because all the way back to some discussions about NR2003 and its hardcoded turning left code leftovers in (early) iRacing!! - I became informed that both RL Nascars and Indy/Carts cars had much more than assymetric setups when driving on ovals.
Because the difference in L/R suspension parts(!) was huge to get some advantages when the teams should only turn left.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I just found my orig post about this assymetric hard code in NR2003.
Asymmetric Cars - Fundamental Bug In Nr2003

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 100 91.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 39 35.8%