New Launch Options Available for Assetto Corsa Competizione

A914D6E1-2D6D-4518-98F0-4275B7C8BC76-14959-00001B78AC846BB1.jpg

You can now choose between 3 different ways of starting the game, depending on your preference.

A new update has been released for the Italian sim, allowing the users to choose at the start of the title from three different launch options.
Here is the official post and changelog:

Dear #ACCompetizione followers,
we have just pushed an update to the game launch options, it should now offer you 3 options:

• - Start normally (non-VR mode)
  • - Start in Oculus VR mode (without Steam VR)
  • - Start in Steam VR mode (with Steam VR)
IMPORTANT: If you have been using the -vr or -nohmd commands in the launch options previously, you can now remove them.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 build status, and is available exclusively on Steam Early Access for PC.

Check out the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and opinions on the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Well, I finally managed to get into VR, despite the VR UI, which is, sadly, still badly broken.
The VR per se ist fabulous, vibrant and realistic, crystal clear and sharp :thumbsup:
I
Menus for the Rift CV1 works OK but is a total mess for Windows MR. Totally agree that mouse support needs to be implemented and additionally one should be able to map keyboard as well as controller mappings to a single function just like AC. At this point I'm close to deleting ACC and never looking in its direction again. Editing the VRsettings.json file and setting the menus to type 2 is not even a proper work around as one still cannot see the menus properly and in car menus are still not rendering when one presses the escape key to quit a session. I run a 1080TI and a 9900k and this game still has terrible performance. Using the Samsung Odyssey Plus (1.4SS) it looks crap at anything below SS1.4 or 200% resolution scale. When resolution scale is below 200% it also looks totally crap (Rift). On the Rift I managed to get it to run o.k but it still struggled quite a bit with performance. Very disappointed in ACC as a whole although I had high hopes... Luckily I paid the original EA price, but as it currently stands I feel there are better alternatives for the money :(.

Very disappointed in ACC as a whole although I had high hopes... Luckily I paid the original EA price, but as it currently stands I feel there are better alternatives for the money :(.

I'm sorry you have this experience but as it has been pointed out multiple times over at the official forums, WMR is not yet supported natively in the UE4 engine version that has been used in ACC development so far, thus any functionality of these headsets is down to pure luck at this stage.

Native support for these headsets was added in later engine versions, but it's still under evaluation if an engine update is something that can be feasibly done.

An initial list of compatible/supported devices will be shown at the game's full release.

I don't own or plan to own this game but I have to give this VR implementation a thumbs up :thumbsup:

Non VR menu control is a real must have and also no Steam VR option is great to see. I hope other dev's take note (I'm looking at you Reiza :p)

Kunos do VR the right way :inlove:

Why is it every single screenshot I see posted the glass is like milk,
looks shocking, well for me it does, also the headlights and stuff the glass and metals look the same so dull, far from realistic.
be7d76360b35252fde7d3b5672b9aaa2.png

compared to this.
43988570952_000812d47b_b.jpg

9746dbb10b1d6001f9f59ae86d786827.jpg

god knows whats happening with the red and black bug on this ferrari around the glass,
its almost a gradient.
32036836823_6cf2f69ac9_b.jpg

also look at the the reflections on the outer boarders to the glass,
the ferrari as a dull matt red boarder, and the blue car some kind of black matt going on so so odd looking, see it on every screenshot, combine this with the bad headlights and glass and metals among other stuff just looks nasty,
no way are these cars near the same quality as the tracks.

Last edited:
no way are these cars near the same quality as the tracks.
No way ACC is the same quality as AC. AC was perhaps a bit more polished prior to V 1.0. Guess it's a trade off going to an OTS engine that one has to learn the ins and outs of... Glad I have RSS content that keeps AC going (along with SOL and shaders patch).
Hope they get it sorted though ..

No way ACC is the same quality as AC. AC was perhaps a bit more polished prior to V 1.0. Guess it's a trade off going to an OTS engine that one has to learn the ins and outs of... Glad I have RSS content that keeps AC going (along with SOL and shaders patch).
Hope they get it sorted though ..
IDK Maybe its just be, but its almost every screenshot with the milky glass,
must be insane high reflections on the glass,
headlights and glass and metals look not as nice as AC and they was not wow there either,
but ACC is even worse, tyres are way too shiny specially in the wet,
tracks do look out of this world, but the cars are not even 50% the quality of the tracks,
the actual models do look amazing the cars very nice indeed,
just so many issues and small bugs, obviously they must know about it and dealing with it accordingly. :)

IDK Maybe its just be, but its almost every screenshot with the milky glass,
must be insane high reflections on the glass,
headlights and glass and metals look not as nice as AC and they was not wow there either,
but ACC is even worse, tyres are way too shiny specially in the wet,
tracks do look out of this world, but the cars are not even 50% the quality of the tracks,
the actual models do look amazing the cars very nice indeed,
just so many issues and small bugs, obviously they must know about it and dealing with it accordingly. :)

Admittedly I don’t know a lot about the rendering engine in Unreal Engine 4 but I always assumed that the cars looked that way simply because of the rendering engine and not because of the game developers. Is there any clear plastic in Kartkraft? I suppose that might be a good comparison being the same UE4 setup.

However it’s not a massive deal breaker for. What I will say though is ACC does suffer from an almost over polished look. Like 90’s early CGI I suppose it can look too good, perfect and immaculate to the eye. Which you don’t really notice until you look at real footage and then it’s obvious the differences.

It always makes me smile when I see raceroom. It’s an old DX9 engine game but the Sector3 team have used lots of clever tricks to make the cars and environment look more “used” and the graphics for me are still up there compared to some other sims.

It has nothing to do with model quality (especially in the Ferrari's case, which is an update of the same model that was in AC).

UE4 uses screenspace reflections, which means it reflects objects that are visible in the render scene. It makes for a vivid appearance in interior spaces (and car interiors especially) due to self-reflection, but has the downside of duller reflections in large, open exterior scenarios, where there's nothing detailed to be reflected. This is the reason why Raytracing is such an important novelty item in an engine like Unreal, because a constant rendering of reflections from the entire scene makes up for this limitation.

AC1 uses a cubemap of the track that is always reflected regardless of being rendered in the image or not. The advantage of that is vivid car exteriors, especially glass and bodywork paint, but at a price of no self-reflection in car interiors and the same (realistically invisible) track detail being reflected in closed cockpits.
Cubemaps are also possible in UE4, and it makes a massive difference in exterior scenes, but comes at a huge performance hog that ACC cannot afford to any extent for obvious reasons.

Artefacts in the reflection are connected to this, screenspace rendering can, from certain angles, produce strange results due to the combination of self-reflection and lack of cubemap reflections to override them, there's nothing that you can control on an asset level.

And finally, regarding glass, alpha blended materials are not part of forward rendering, which means they are affected by this to an even greater extent. Essentially they are rendered outside the rest of the scene.

Last edited:
Best finally best finished the game for moment bad funcionality,two days not online(**** server,json allways delete config personal for updates) (destroyed for implementation vr?¿?¿?¿) ,not use vr for people money maintenant.Kunos(ready) ,more idiots??continued

Congratulations for people VR.....for tripple screen solved===?¿?¿?more people angry for you preparation for created games no finalized.Para mear y no echar gota(el que no lo entienda,directamente es tonto)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back