New Launch Options Available for Assetto Corsa Competizione

A914D6E1-2D6D-4518-98F0-4275B7C8BC76-14959-00001B78AC846BB1.jpg

You can now choose between 3 different ways of starting the game, depending on your preference.

A new update has been released for the Italian sim, allowing the users to choose at the start of the title from three different launch options.
Here is the official post and changelog:

Dear #ACCompetizione followers,
we have just pushed an update to the game launch options, it should now offer you 3 options:

• - Start normally (non-VR mode)
  • - Start in Oculus VR mode (without Steam VR)
  • - Start in Steam VR mode (with Steam VR)
IMPORTANT: If you have been using the -vr or -nohmd commands in the launch options previously, you can now remove them.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 build status, and is available exclusively on Steam Early Access for PC.

Check out the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and opinions on the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Well, I finally managed to get into VR, despite the VR UI, which is, sadly, still badly broken.
The VR per se ist fabulous, vibrant and realistic, crystal clear and sharp :thumbsup:
I wasn't able to see exactly what the VR performance is, because the latest hotfix has broken my fpsVR app. And no, before anyone asks, it is only broken in ACC. In rF2, R3E or PC2 it works fine.
But I must say, the VR UI is a disaster: klunky and hard to use, and still no mouse support :poop:
Because ACC doesn't always recognize my wheel buttons ( TS-PC racer ), I have to keep flipping the visor up on my VR headset to use the keyboard shortcuts.
I'm starting to think that Kunos really isn't taking VR seriously. That's a shame, 'cos when you finally manage to start VR, it's stunning. If only the UI wasn't so broken.... :(

what is the 'no hmd' mode?
As far as I can tell, it allows you to start in pancake mode, without having to disable the Steam VR stuff. At least on my system, when you click the normal "start game", the VR apps start anyway, getting in the way of the normal mode. Until now, the only way to stop that reliably was to unplug the VR headset, at least with my Acer WMR headset.
The Steam app is very intrusive anyway: when I fly in Real Flight 8, the VR apps start when I start RF8, although I don't want them to, as VR doesn't work in RF8. I have to minimize them to be able to use RF8. if I close them completely, it closes RF8 too :confused:

I was hoping the options would be,

• - Start in Oculus VR mode (without Steam VR) with mouse support
  • - Start in Steam VR mode (with Steam VR) with mouse support
Nevermind I'll just keep fumbling around the keyboard.

I was hoping the options would be,

• - Start in Oculus VR mode (without Steam VR) with mouse support
  • - Start in Steam VR mode (with Steam VR) with mouse support
Never mind I'll just keep fumbling around the keyboard.
Only Kunos could think of having to use keyboard commands in VR :D Hey, no problem, I'll just flip the visor on my headset up and fumble around on the keyboard: some commands require three fingers :confused: Every other game I play (rF2, R3E, PC2 ) has mouse support, why do Kunos always have to be different? It boggles my mind, what were they thinking? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000