New Add-on: Codename "Toad"

• VR Competition

I hope not DTM, it's boring. The new DTM ist a deadly born Children. Maybe the old DTM with the Calibra, the old C-class and the Alfa 155

• Mikkow

As I said - definitely won't be some historic thing (unless it's some superbly known era like GT Legends/F1 Racing of the 60's). It's up to the modders to do.

Any person here who watches V8 Supercars? I've only seen some stuff on youtube. They seem to have interesting handling (not the best but not bad, kind of satisfyingly semi-low tech in some ways), super powerful engines, be large, and the tracks seem really good. I'd love to hear a little bit more about it.

What about DTM, anyone watch that? How's that like?

GP2? I haven't seen anything of that.

I've seen some A1GP and posted my impressions already.

SuperLeage Formula? I have it on my channels but never watched it.

International Formula Masters?

Formula 3? I've seen some youtube stuff, and it looks like very slow racing compared to the appearance of the cars.

BTCC? That's similar to STCC I'm sure, which means it's quite cool if you get into it.

IndyCar Series? I've seen very little but it seemed quite cool.

LMS? Never really seen it. Do they drive with GT1-2 as well like in the american le mans series? I saw one ALMS race from Mid-Ohio, and it was kind of neat. Prototypes mixed with GT cars. The 'traffic' was a big factor, and a source of excitement.

A swedish driver, can't remember who, maybe that Alx guy, drove GP2, IndyCar and something else, can't remember what it was. But he said that the GP2 car had incredible G's in the corner, even more than F1 in some corners, the whole car wound up tight as a strong spring. The indycars had in contrast very good mechanical grip (maybe due to ground effect and the big slick tires)

Hopefully it's something like WTCC, i mean depending on race length. For me an endurance series like LMES doesn't makes sence, because the most fun online is doing some sprint races.
I think many of us don't have the time to drive endurance races like LeMans.

It's a real mystery how much Australian V8's are fascinating me, even thogh i saw only some short moments of a race at mount panorama years ago on euro sport! So it would be very cool!:eat: Now i know very much aussie tracks and am in love with bathurst and co.

It would be great for online racing, having door by door fights... :laugh2:

• Andy Marsden

It would be great if it was the BTCC though i'm hoping it'll be the V8's - love those things! Aussie tracks are fantastic too!

• Mikkow

Some relevant news: http://f1.it.reuters.com/races/r14/news/LF257699.php

Basically it says that Williams (from F1) are going to design/build etc the new one make series car "Formula 2". It is going to replace GP2 as the main feeder series for Formula 1 starting 2009.

This supports GP2 as a SimBin license because Formula 2 taking over GP2's position will lower the popularity and as a result perhaps too make licensing cheaper and easier, for the existing GP2 series. If you recall, the F3000 license was probably cheaper too because of things like this.

EDIT: Been digging more into it: Seems it's more of a competitor to GP2 than a replacement. That means GP2's status might just diminish a little. But it's already established.

Alright, i´ve been in silent mode for a while, but now i demand (ok, ask for):evil: DUTCH SUPERCAR CHALLENGE never saw so much diverse car field
as in DSC, 4 car classes, even Martin Short is driving there.
I know it is a very low possibility to Simbin do that, but i really wich so. :whistle:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.