New Add-on: Codename "Toad"

• Matt Crouch

One thing I was wondering was - do you think the licenses cover the series as they are now or do they cover the series over their entire history. Could we see, for example, F1 1992 season as a separate license to the one held by codemasters?

• Mikkow

Forget about past seasons of any series, they'd never release that, and it's not much requested either.

I just realized another thing that can be deciphered by the SimBin announcement - that racers around the "world" would be happy about the new licenses they secured. This hints towards international series and away from national ones. This means more chance of the likes of A1GP and GP2, and less chance of others.

Would be awesome to have a DTM addon, but with Codemasters probably owning the license, i cant see it happening.

GP2 would be pretty good too, but im liking the idea of those Superleague cars - 4.2L V12 must sound amazing.

toad.jpg

To be announced

??
Whats that​

grrrr, i hate secrets!

searching the internet it seems a well kept secret, all i can find is that the game review web sites seem to think its a add-on (or at least compatible with Race07 GTRevo) and they mention its a highly asked for racing series, altho that doesnt narrow it down 1 bit!

Guys I am about 99.999% sure it wont be v8 supercars, codemasters has rights on this still I beleive, and AVESCO want huge amounts of money for it. So Code Masters have the right to make a V8 Supercar Sim on Super Mario Carts physics I believe was the deal they signed untill 2050. :)

• Mikkow

grrrr, i hate secrets!

searching the internet it seems a well kept secret, all i can find is that the game review web sites seem to think its a add-on (or at least compatible with Race07 GTRevo) and they mention its a highly asked for racing series, altho that doesnt narrow it down 1 bit!
It wasn't a gaming website, it was SimBin themselves in their newsletter. And it does narrow it down a bit - didn't you see the post on page 3 in this topic?
http://forum.racedepartment.com/177267-post68.html

• Doorslammer

Hmmm, aren't we all overlooking the one that's right under our noses and was obviously not completed?

WTCC 1987 finished off would bring happiness from around the world (Volvo, Mercedes, Alfa, Ford and Holdens, what a mix that will be), would fit into the TOAD theme as far as the amphibian theme goes and I imagine would be highly requested not just for it's cars, but also it's wide range of tracks?

Hmmm, aren't we all overlooking the one that's right under our noses and was obviously not completed?

WTCC 1987 finished off would bring happiness from around the world (Volvo, Mercedes, Alfa, Ford and Holdens, what a mix that will be), would fit into the TOAD theme as far as the amphibian theme goes and I imagine would be highly requested not just for it's cars, but also it's wide range of tracks?

Hmmm.... I never thought of that... :laugh2:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years