Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

When I was on the track I haven't done a lot of laps with my car. Only about ~6 yet, and very slow ones. But I was already scared to even try to push it. Mostly because car is not fit for that. But also sense of G-forces makes everything much more dramatic, you can feel how much more load is getting on a car at certain places. Knowledge of the car really kicks in and I have none, I was scared to turn harder at the exit of "Stadionas" because I was in fear that front right wheel is getting loaded too much and something can break lol

Working on a track, good feedback so far... so trying to improve the looks. Noticed that some trees are a bit too small, and some other trees are MUCH too small. And I have about 2k of them haha. Maybe just sounds a lot, it isn't. Going to need to revise them all anyway. And probably more than once.

Trying to figure out how to do road texturing, now it is on two matterials, I guess i'm going to add third for more details, it is going to need them.

A few ideas for distant future, a fake wet track, and a semi fictional layout, which was almost finished, but never really happened to be used afaik.

OAwucNK.jpg

Last edited:
Hi mantasisg,
nice job it is almost the best NZ version ever made for sim. But could you please fix turn to stadionas before going with trees and etc. It goes uphill from turn to apex that is not truth in reality.

p.s. Cant wait to get new release ;)

Thanks for feedback, it is the best already :D (i know not too modest lol)

Stadionas is going down all the time in fact the track pretty much goes down all the time from the braking zone of "stadionas" to the middle of "sakiai", except a dip in "azuolas" turn. I'm not sure what do you mean, where is that uphill to be more precise ? It might look like it is so at this place, but if something is wrong it will not be hard to fix, I'm still on the spline. Maybe that just looks so because too large FOV, and switching camber.

owOFlcx.jpg

I guess bigger trees made a very good improvement, pines had to be much taller, maybe I have them a bit too tall now lol, but they are all under 50m, I think. Gonna learn a lot of interesting things while making a track, did you know that pines are usually from 25 to 50m height (at least those which grows at Lithuania haha). Nice trees,

iXtf2CF.jpg

Tried to play with masking for the road today, used tarmac pictures which I took from the real track, made +-tileable images, I think it is not bad for start, but had to create two new materials for the road. Maybe I should have one material for the road, but 4k size ? But it would be more complicated to cope with, I think.

2svx0hA.jpg

Any chance there can be a version without the front straight "chicane"? Since there is no chance at death in a sim it would be nice to have the non neutered version.

@LilSki Maybe, it would become a 1minute track then, and I like that chicane. But if people would like it, then there is no problem, it would take not much effort to do it. The only problem I see is that people would probably prefer the track without chicane.

@rks Hmm, I see you have very small FOV. But you are pointing at outer edge of the road, and the curve has quite decent good camber. I'll pay more attention to this place next time. If something is wrong there, then possibly camber needs adjustments.

@LilSki Maybe, it would become a 1minute track then, and I like that chicane. But if people would like it, then there is no problem, it would take not much effort to do it. The only problem I see is that people would probably prefer the track without chicane.
That's because I have almost never seen a chicane that has ever made a track better. The only one I can tolerate is the bus stop style chicane at Watkins Glen. But of course this is my opinion.

I just saw it as it would be simple to do and it is temporary in real life and obviously at some point they ran without the chicane.

@LilSki, without chikanes in nz goes only bikes. Old one version of chikanes (in rf1) is slower and more dangerous. This version is used for a while in time attack and other events and defacto layout for trackdays

Tried to play with masking for the road today, used tarmac pictures which I took from the real track, made +-tileable images, I think it is not bad for start, but had to create two new materials for the road. Maybe I should have one material for the road, but 4k size ? But it would be more complicated to cope with, I think.
You could make them the same material and just use the mask file to tell what bit of texture needs to be which type of detail. Make the diffuse 4096×4096 or something and you can have four different shades of road next to each other on the same material :)

I'm liking those tall trees!

Yeah chicanes are mostly making tracks worse, but not always. I like Goodwood chicane, the one at NZ reminds goodwood chicane a bit, only weird thing is that finish line is so close after it, but thats also interesting. Without chicane it is just like bonus 2-3 seconds of full throttle, and just a little more exciting entry into T1.

Some chicanes are not that bad IMO.

@NightEye87 Thanks, I was wondering why forests looks so much off lol

I'll think about single material with 4K diffuse and mask. Though I might go with two 2K, I'd like to have at least a two different shaders for tarmac. Even though 2x2K is only half of 4K, maybe it will be enough.

I agree about the chicane. I know it is accurate to real life, but it has the effect of making this feel like a hotlap circuit, rather than a race circuit :(

I remember testing the first build I was sent, before the layout was marked as clearly as it is now and before the mini map was added. I didn't know the correct route to take and ended up missing the chicane completely and it felt great. I appreciate why it is there IRL, but is there any chance we could have two versions? Bike and car? With and without the chicane? :)

Probably in the future, when mod will be much more advanced. But then it will feel like a mini track, I was already doing 1'05 with Porsche 911 RSR '17. Without chicane it would be under a minute, with default setup.

I'm thinking about semi fictional additional longer layout and fake wet track when basic will get developed up to the certain stage.

This would be without chicane:

Nice elevations too, and a lot more trees to add:

rlTGDzx.jpg

I don't see a sub-1 minute lap as a bad thing. I think that sometimes, when you have such a short lap, you can create a fantastic rhythm and really get in the 'zone'.

That extended layout looks awesome, too - you have to make that eventually :thumbsup:

Yeah perhaps :) I really like online sessions in Red Bull Ring national layout, maybe even better than full layout. Also Vallelunga classic is better than full Vallelunga, IMHO. With a VERY fast cars it is an "under minute" track too :D

Thanks for support :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back