Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

Working on the tweaks as the memory is still very fresh. Here is example of on of the tweaks. You can see that exit of "stadionas" is much steeper, thats because enterance is less. You can judge the difference by looking at the KERB, which I'm about to fix now.

egCrmrU.jpg

Great to see that brought something back from your day at the track. Increased accuracy can only be a good thing :)

I always worry when I have to make changes like this to my tracks. It makes me wonder "How did I get it so wrong before?" :O_o: The worst is when you think your layout is "final" and you live with it like that for a few weeks, getting used to it, and learning it. And then you get some more accurate data from somewhere and have to change your track, and even though you know it is now 'better', it feels worse, and wrong :(

You are lucky, being only 1 hour away from the circuit. I expect to see an insane amount of detail in your textures - no excuses ;)

Exactly, thats absolutely how I feel, only difference is that track feels better :D I have already done some sketchy testing yesterday, gone to bed a bit late...

I know how i could have prevented such mistakes. I should have taken screenshot from the top of relief map and used as a background photo refference, would have been flawless, I've been not clever enough lol setting those points by eye. Eventually the day will have to come when I'll have to say "ok it is accurate enough, lets go on", like it was with XJ13 (even though did some slight tweaks later).

I should have used this screenshot from there https://www.maps.lt/3Dlietuva/
VF6SqFv.jpg

I have taken a lot of pictures yesterday, going to take way more in future, inevitably :D I guess I'm going to be limited by performance to use it all to the maximum.

Wow, downloaded the track yesterday and tried it today. Thats so much fun to drive in the little Miata. I only managed a few clean laps yet. Accelerating and hitting the late apex at "Stadionas"(?) with full throttle and nearly be thrown into the sand is quite satisfying. :thumbsup:
And the hills are just evil. No idea how to take them fast but safe :D

Stadionas (T2) exit apex will be even harder to hit (even though I widened kerbs from 60cm to 90cm), because you will not see it till the last second :) I'm working on the track now, getting it acceptable for some testing, I'm really bored by the surroundings, I'd like to give it some better looks, but I'm hundred percent on the road, still. Next version will be slightly harder IMO, but paradoxically it will be faster, just harder to get right.

Can't wait to give next version to my testers from "Simuliatorių Akademija", thanks to them a lot of people who has great knowledge about the track gave me feedback.

But you, community people, are equally important for me, you tell me how the track feels and how much it lacks to meet the standards :D

Thats a big change to Stadionas. Best visible driving against old "ghosts" they are diving under the surface. :)
Small observation: The tarmac colour or reflection changed where you reworked the height.

Yes, the ghosts always shows the changes most effectively :D

I have played a bit with shaders. Stadionas was repaved, and the tarmac is darker there, I suppose that it should shine a little bit more.

Very nice! I just did 10 laps straight off, hotlapping in the Lotus 2-11 GT4, and it felt great! The car behaved as I would expect it to, the track surface feels 10x better - you seem to have kept the larger bumps but reduced the very rough surface feel - I like it! :thumbsup:

I'd like to ask you guys to participate in small challenge with RSR app. Try to beat me with 917/30 and M3 E30 GR.A ! :)

I have driven most of the cars there actually haha and times are all set in RSR, I always drive with RSR on.

I'd like to ask you guys to participate in small challenge with RSR app. Try to beat me with 917/30 and M3 E30 GR.A ! :)

I have driven most of the cars there actually haha and times are all set in RSR, I always drive with RSR on.
Hahaha, I do that too...except I've never issued a challenge (and never seen other times on my tracks :() ;). Maybe I'll see how far off the pace I am with the E30 Gr.A in your track.

Managed a 1.16.913 with Gr.A '92.
The 6 laps before and after I died crashing into the pines though. This track is really unforgiving driving on the edge :whistling:

@Two Well considering amount of downloads, then amount of people using RSR (a lot doesn't for some weird reason, maybe too lazy to update, or can't make it run), then amount of cars... Of course give it a chance at my track, I'll try something on your track too :)

@pafe Thats not bad, RL best laptime which I know with E30 is 1'17'2, but he couldn't afford to die :D I have died a lot of times...Try 917/30, I see you have V16 monster on your avatar, you should like beasts :D

Next time you check the RSR times, I was the one driving miss daisy in the E30...1:22.4. I had to jump into a real race car to beat that time. I got a 1:16 in the Ginetta :). Very fun track. Runs great on my system too. I look forward to further updates.

Cheers

Managed to slightly beat your time in the E30 GRA, though it was tough... I could see my delta was telling me I could beat it, but I kept making mistakes, that car is just way too stiff round that bumpy circuit. Beat your MX-5 Cup time too, that felt a lot nicer, was a little more compliant.

Looked at the 917/30 time... :roflmao: No chance, I couldn't get close!

Track is feeling awesome now though, I loved V1, but the next was just too wild. This seems perfect, still bumpy enough to be challanging, but seems about right. Simply brutal track though, can't imagine being brave enough to drive it in anger IRL :confused::p

Thanks for participating :) I was absolutely on the limit with BMW, but I think I can do better with 917/30 haha Will have to try MX cup again. 917/30 is turning in very well with a quick throttle lift-off.

Thanks for the feedback. I think that track is possibly a little too fast, 0.5-1.0 second, but I can't understand where. Circuit scale is about right, perhaps 10-20meters too short, hard to tell. Cambers might be to good, very small amount of camber here and there and here we go, however, if at one place camber is 1deg too big, then at other place it might be 1 deg too small, in theory.

Maybe just no fear + comfort zone + no worries about mechanical failures also adds to a little faster laps than IRL.

P.S. Focus is progressing relly well, looks nice, I like that body roll in 1st pic, looks very true.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back