Need testers for the "New Recommended" LUT before Updating Download

RasmusP

Premium
Hi,

After learning a bit more about how everything works, I'm not convinced anymore that you can really get more FFB by working around the clipping metre in AC by using only 50% gain and boosting the FFB back up with my LUT.

So I'd like to get some opinions from users of my "recommended" LUT. My G27 is stored away in my parent's basement and although I could dig it out during my next holidays, I thought I'd just create a thread :)

To test this:
- rename the ...Beta_1.lut.ini to just .lut at the end. You can't upload LUT files directly here... then:
1. Put the overall gain from 50% to 100%
2. Use the attached LUT instead of the current recommended LUT
3. If you aren't using CM, the adjusted ff_post_processing.ini is attached too

I'd love to get some feedback!

Attachments

• G25+G27+G29_NewRecommended_Beta_1.lut.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 140
  • ff_post_process.ini
    118 bytes · Views: 88
Hi,

After learning a bit more about how everything works, I'm not convinced anymore that you can really get more FFB by working around the clipping metre in AC by using only 50% gain and boosting the FFB back up with my LUT.

So I'd like to get some opinions from users of my "recommended" LUT. My G27 is stored away in my parent's basement and although I could dig it out during my next holidays, I thought I'd just create a thread :)

To test this:
- rename the ...Beta_1.lut.ini to just .lut at the end. You can't upload LUT files directly here... then:
1. Put the overall gain from 50% to 100%
2. Use the attached LUT instead of the current recommended LUT
3. If you aren't using CM, the adjusted ff_post_processing.ini is attached too

I'd love to get some feedback!
I will give it a try in a next few days, then I'm gonna leave you a feedback.

So after some tests I've done, I must say it is improvement (I was using "recommended" LUT at 50% previously). However, introducing LUT itself to the AC FFB was a game changer for me, so each time I try something new, I can't believe how good it is (comparing to the default AC FFB).
Also, I've noticed that my G27 wheel base is not overheating with some mods like before. I've had a bit of a problem with overheating during usage of "recommended 50% LUT", now everything seems fine. Thanks Rasmus, in my opinion, this is a good one. Gonna drive, test and enjoy in next month or so. Feel free to send any updates if you have in the future to test out and give you a feedback.

Cheers

So after some tests I've done, I must say it is improvement (I was using "recommended" LUT at 50% previously). However, introducing LUT itself to the AC FFB was a game changer for me, so each time I try something new, I can't believe how good it is (comparing to the default AC FFB).
Also, I've noticed that my G27 wheel base is not overheating with some mods like before. I've had a bit of a problem with overheating during usage of "recommended 50% LUT", now everything seems fine. Thanks Rasmus, in my opinion, this is a good one. Gonna drive, test and enjoy in next month or so. Feel free to send any updates if you have in the future to test out and give you a feedback.

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback!
Glad that it feels just as good or even slightly better.
In theory they should feel extremely similar, just no need to put the gain to only 50% anymore, which should make configuring it even easier :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.