• Overall slightly more contrast/less washed out
  • Dusk/dawn brightness fixed
  • Some over-bright mod tracks should look a bit better
  • Glare at night adjusted
  • Refined skydome appearance in bad weather
  • Slightly more visible sunrays
General:
  • Removed colour grading as it doesn't work in VR

Thank you very much to those who donated!
View attachment 593774
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can anyone please tell me the difference between natural_mode and natural_mdoe_base?
Also which one would fit better for vr (if it actually change something).
I really enjoyed the mod so far, great work and keep it up!

Hi Chris - just a quick check (I raised the same q with Peter re Pure) - in VR, are the stars in the sky domes supposed to be super bright dots with very distinct milky way when using Natural Mod filter? In totally clear weather at night it is like looking at little diamonds - is that how the filter is supposed to look or is this more likely a problem with my own ham-fisted graphics settings? In all other weathers everything is more than perfect…

Hi Chris - just a quick check (I raised the same q with Peter re Pure) - in VR, are the stars in the sky domes supposed to be super bright dots with very distinct milky way when using Natural Mod filter? In totally clear weather at night it is like looking at little diamonds - is that how the filter is supposed to look or is this more likely a problem with my own ham-fisted graphics settings? In all other weathers everything is more than perfect…
thanks for reporting, I'm running an unreleased test version of pure with an updated version of my filter and cant reproduce, so hopefully it will be fine when the next pure release is out, at which point i'll upload the update for my filter.

to be 100% sure though it would be good if you could show a screenshot with the track/time/date/weather information so i can confirm that there is no issue in the next version

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Mod Filter with a new update entry:

Overhauled Pure script, better contrast and fine tuning

Pure minimum version 0.142
Changes to Pure script:

• Adjusted tonemapping, improves contrast in overcast or dusk/dawn
  • Much better handling of dark weather and extremely bright weather
  • Better handling of tunnels
  • Adjusted skydome brightness
  • Complete overhal of the script, might require some fine tuning but the logic is far better than before. Please report any issues, e.g. night time brightness, lights, emissives, tunnels, transitions through daytime to sunset etc...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Using OpenVR with HP Reverb G2. Natural_mod just doesn't look right. It's too bright and washed out. I'm also using Sol and carefully followed all the install instructions. Is there a tweak to get things looking correct in VR? Thanks!

Using OpenVR with HP Reverb G2. Natural_mod just doesn't look right. It's too bright and washed out. I'm also using Sol and carefully followed all the install instructions. Is there a tweak to get things looking correct in VR? Thanks!
Try with pure instead of sol. I stopped working on the sol version a while ago and in general that version was a bit washed out. I assume you are using "natural_mod" and not "natural_mod_base" which is not meant for sol

Last edited:
Is there any way to prevent the grass from looking so yellowish?

(haven't messed with the settings, beyond optimal recommended CSP + Sol ones)

could try decrease this
1665047666178.png

or maybe reduce this saturation slider
1665047701005.png

in general it should only be certain tracks issue though? above is nordschleife, below is brands hatch

sol weather:
1665047827184.png

pure weather:
1665047852822.png

@Fargas as you can see a bit less washed out than my script for sol

@Fargas updated the Sol filter, hopefully works better now

I really like the colors of your filter but my interior is very dark. Can't see the speedometer without lights turned on. Is there a way to fix it?
screenshot? what time+date, what weather, car, track, weather script (pure/sol/base weatherfx/vanilla AC)

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events