Poopenshnapples submitted a new resource:

NASCAR Sprint Cup - NASCAR 2015 Sprint Cup

NASCAR Sprint Cup Cars!
41 cars in total
Based on the 2015 season

Sprint Cup Cars:
Rev limit: +-9,600rpm
HP: +800hp
Engine: Naturally aspirated 5.8L V8 (358c.i)
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual w/reverse
Aerodynamics: :S

A lot of conversion was done by me to make these work in Automobilista

I converted these to make them playable in AMS
- Tires
- Physics
- AI talent adjustments
- Engine
- Setups
- File directory(s)
- Audio
and more!

NEW Install:
Unzip (7zip)
- Merge...

Read more about this resource...

So I've run into a problem trying to install this one. The cars load in fine, but when I go to drive the car just makes the firing up noises and then...nothing. The car has no drive and the engine doesn't sound like it's on, and no matter what I do I can't get it to go. Any ideas on what I might have messed up to cause that to happen, since it seems that other people have installed it correctly?

So I've run into a problem trying to install this one. The cars load in fine, but when I go to drive the car just makes the firing up noises and then...nothing. The car has no drive and the engine doesn't sound like it's on, and no matter what I do I can't get it to go. Any ideas on what I might have messed up to cause that to happen, since it seems that other people have installed it correctly?

I would re-download and reinstall this mod
You likely did not select "overwrite" or "merge folder with..."

Actually... It sounds like you may be stalling the engine.

It is a manual. Which means you must use a clutch.
If you stall the engine you MUST re-fire the engine.

Just make sure you have these buttons mapped for whatever device you are using

Actually... It sounds like you may be stalling the engine.

It is a manual. Which means you must use a clutch.
If you stall the engine you MUST re-fire the engine.

Just make sure you have these buttons mapped for whatever device you are using

See, I thought that too, but I have auto-ignition on that's supposed to prevent that. I do have all those buttons mapped, but they don't help me.

It's weird though, 'cause I have the Trucks mod that you did as well and I have no issues with it.

So after testing it out more, I've found that it looks like it's only an issue with some of the JNS-Track Pack tracks, which I went to first since these things were meant for ovals. I took 'em out to some of the road courses and they worked fine. And some of the JNS tracks work as well, but not all of them. I can definitely say that the mod works for me for the most part, though :D

I am happy to hear it works for you

On some tracks?
That is extremely odd since tracks have almost nothing to do with the vehicle you load onto it.

I am not making fun of you here, but are you sure it was not you stalling?
These engines are very easy to stall and I do it constantly!
Re-firing the engine is something you must do after you stall or turn the engine off even once regardless of Auto-Ignition

I am happy to hear it works for you

On some tracks?
That is extremely odd since tracks have almost nothing to do with the vehicle you load onto it.

I am not making fun of you here, but are you sure it was not you stalling?
These engines are very easy to stall and I do it constantly!
Re-firing the engine is something you must do after you stall or turn the engine off even once regardless of Auto-Ignition

If it was me stalling, it'd be at every track I think XD. The two tracks I know I had the issues were JNS_Daytona and JNS-Talladega. One thing I did notice when I went in to edit some settings last time is that the gear ratios looked like they were all sorts of ****ed up, to the point where you couldn't see anything on the gearing visualizer and adjusting the gears did nothing. I've included a screenshot as well to show that. I have no idea why the cars are reacting to those tracks like that, but I didn't do anything differently everywhere else and got them to fire fine.

Attachments

• 20180907120155_1.jpg
    20180907120155_1.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 353
Most of the time, but I've found that the JNS tracks do have a tendency to cause the game to crash more than other modded tracks, especially if you decide to restart a race. Also, the AI has a tendency to be screwy with most cars in that pack.

Hi! I can't make the sprint cup cars show in the showroom. No problem with the CTS or NWS, that runs amazing and are great fun to drive, but somehow the cup cars are not showing :/ tryied multiple times and also with the stand alone pack

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back