I am working on this car, I am going to release 2 versions, 1 will replace the 24 car in game and the 2nd one will be for career mode and will not have a number on it.

Attachments

• Last Ride.JPG
    Last Ride.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 259
I couldn't stand the blue backgrounds, so I swapped them out with a dark grey. Let me know what you think. Next, I'm going to change the orange selector highlight to blue.
colorchange2.png

NASCAR Heat Evolution.jpg

NASCAR Heat Evolution developers Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games have reached out to the community and listed a number of areas the studio are looking to address, based on feedback received from a somewhat disgruntled fan base desperate to finally receive an officially sanctioned NASCAR title worthy of the licence.

NASCAR Heat Evolution has received a rough ride from fans since its release, but it does appear the studio are listening to player concerns and looking to address some of the issues. Ok the latest move has not exactly covered off every area of critical concern, but it is a strong indication that the studio wish to try and bring up the standard of the title to a more satisfactory level.

• Address issue of players driving backwards
  • Set physics type option
  • Allow setups option

Features
  • Add additional drivers
  • Adjust screen size option on console
  • Miller Lite paint scheme integration

General
  • Update engine sounds
  • Improve caution flag sensitivity
  • Fix engine issue when using “Full Damage”
  • Polish fuel windows
  • Other improvements and fixes

(Please note, this list is subject to change.)

The update from DMR comes at a critical time for the game, with updates slow to arrive and a seemingly constant barrage of paid DLC further adding fuel to the fire of players concerned about the long term intentions to develop the title. Although the above list is subject to change, and no firm dates have yet been revealed, DMR have stated the have "got some updates planned over the coming weeks with the features you’ve been asking for", so hope still remains amongst the community. The above list is confirmed as being worked on, however the studio have acknowledged the required improvements go further than the above list:

"You may notice a few fan suggestions are missing from the list. Don’t worry! We’re looking into them. Some updates require more development time than others and may have to wait until the next title release. Nonetheless, we’re here listening to your feedback"

Obviously RaceDepartment will be keeping abreast of the latest news regarding this title, stay tuned to find out what happens, when it happens...

The NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for joining in the discussion regarding this new title. We hosts mods for the game, post the latest news and have some fantastic racing events. Head over and join in the forum today!

Do you enjoy NASCAR Heat Evolution? How are you finding the game so far? Looking forward to seeing the proposed upgrades added to the game? What do you think the studio should focus on? Let us know in the comments section below!

I think people expected it to be the new nr2003 that the NASCAR community had been waiting for, I was one of those, I think this title will be the learning curve, the next title will hopefully be a huge improvement.

I knew there would be some growing pains. And yes the game was horrible at release by there isn't really a NASCAR alternative for next gen consoles, so I'm in it for the long haul. And so far I've been very happy with the changes they've made. This game will be very good after the next few updates and make a very solid stocking stuffer for Xmas

Probably not.. But it could be a good pickup for Black-Friday (Day after Thanksgiving) With the Patches coming the game is only going to get better, the Devs are communicating with players and are making changes.

Probably not.. But it could be a good pickup for Black-Friday (Day after Thanksgiving) With the Patches coming the game is only going to get better, the Devs are communicating with players and are making changes.

Agree. If you follow DMR Executive Producer @TheSeanWilson on Twitter then you'll get a lot of insight into what is coming. They are being very transparent now, which is great. It will only get better.

NASCAR Heat Evolution.jpg

Dusenberry Martin Racing Executive Producer, Sean Wilson, has shared some further new information regarding the upcoming update for NASCAR Heat Evolution - adding to the already revealed development roadmap we wrote about on Monday.

With a couple of recent patches already behind the game, it appears work is still progressing at a considerable pace as the studio line up another big update in the coming weeks. Wilson has recently revealed some additional details about some of the new goodies fans have to look forward to. The DMR Executive Producer has confirmed the test development build of Heat Evolution contains no less than 30+ updates and fixes to the current version! Final testing is currently underway, so a patch for PC and console editions of the game should be close to release.

Already confirmed to be part of the next build, and especially gratifying to online players, is the inclusion of a new "ghosting" feature for drivers who circulate the wrong way around the circuit. A strangely common occurrence on public servers, wreckers who drive the wrong way are a menace to serious online gamers, amplified even more so by the lack of full course yellow functionality in the title. Sadly Wilson has again confirmed the implementation of full course yellows during online races will not be present in the current game, as "development time and risk" have been judged to be too high to guarantee a successful implementation. Wilson and the studio have, on numerous occasions, confirmed this is something that will be discussed with a view to appearing in future releases of the NASCAR Heat franchise, no doubt to the relief of many online gamers!

How sensitive the ghosting option is set remains to be seen. If just aimed at those with a tendency to drive the wrong way then great, however it would be nice to see the option taking effect to damaged cars moving slowly on track and those stranded in a dangerous position.

Other news from Wilson includes the soon to be added ability to use custom setups online and an option to create simulation only hosted lobbies. For console, hosts of private lobbies can change length and tyre wear between races, giving leagues the opportunity to set up shorter qualifying sessions prior to the main race events.

No release date for the next update has been made available, however the studio have confirmed final testing is underway and, barring unforeseen issues, it is expected the PC build will be released first with Xbox One and PS4 updates shortly afterwards, following granting of the appropriate console specific approvals from Microsoft and Sony respectively.

NASCAR Heat Evolution is available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

The NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum at RaceDepartment offers you the perfect place to interact with fellow community members and fans of the game. We have our own modding downloads forum, cover the latest news and of course have Michael Watts excellent Xbox One NASCAR Friday Night Heat Series.

Yet more news of upcoming development for NASCAR Heat Evolution, are you excited to see what the future holds for this title? Do you think NASCAR Heat Evolution can become a serious contender for best NASCAR game? What features / fixes would you most like to see adding to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 57 36.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 92 58.6%