Like I said this game is improving. Will be a great pick up for Xmas and they are keeping up to date with nascar's ever evolving liveries with he DLC's so the game doesn't get outdated. Also in some of his tweets they have begun work on a Title sequel which will hopefully be the game we hoped for initially.
The implementation of Full course cautions online isn't a big deal for leagues though as they have been doing manual cautions for the last 3 titles.

Like I said this game is improving. Will be a great pick up for Xmas and they are keeping up to date with nascar's ever evolving liveries with he DLC's so the game doesn't get outdated. Also in some of his tweets they have begun work on a Title sequel which will hopefully be the game we hoped for initially.
The implementation of Full course cautions online isn't a big deal for leagues though as they have been doing manual cautions for the last 3 titles.

Michael, I'm sorry in advance, as I really don't mean to pick on you and I don't want you to take this personally, but here is my impression as a relatively disinterested observer to how this game has gone down:

- They released a product that was buggy to such extremes that one would have a hard time not labeling it unfinished (yet, it was sold to consumers at full price).
- In the meantime, the developers have found a way to leverage NASCAR's propensity for livery changes into a nice little cash stream for themselves (bilking die-hard NASCAR fans - the ones willing to look past the bugs - out of their hard earned cash).
- Finally, the devs have had the nerve to already start pimping a sequel (which will presumably be again sold at full price to people hoping THIS will be the game they were originally promised).

Honestly, I'm glad you are enjoying the game and you are perfectly within your rights to have a positive opinion on it and express it here, but I feel like DMR/Monster is taking advantage of your love of racing/NASCAR to make some cash. That really pisses me off.

NASCAR Heat Evolution PC Update.jpg

NASCAR Heat Evolution on PC has received a new update, featuring lots of fixes and enhancements to the game. High on the list of highlights for the new build is the inclusion of online ghost cars for wreckers, fixes for a points bug and improved engine sounds.

With a high degree of anticipation prior to the game release back in early September, NASCAR Heat Evolution has so far failed to woo players to the degree perhaps expected by the studio. With Monster Games now back behind the scenes, Evolution has proven to be a somewhat disappointing return to the NASCAR franchise. However despite initial concerns with the title, DMR and Monster have been working hard to update the game and answer many of the concerns from fans disappointed with the initial offering from the studio. Recent roadmap reveals, additional DLC launches and an admission from DMR Executive Producer Sean Wilson that Heat Evolution will form the basis for future franchise releases, it does appear that the appetite exists to develop a more polished product before sun-setting the current release in anticipation of 2017's updated game.

NASCAR Heat Evolution build 1384762 update notes:
  • Cars ghost out and are not collidable when driving backwards in Normal Lobbies.
  • Cars ghost out and are not collidable and then are kicked mid race when driving backwards in Hosted Lobbies.
  • Users using simulation physics can create simulation only lobbies with custom setups in Hosted Lobbies.
  • Movie volume is now connected to SFX volume slider.
  • Added a screen adjustment feature in Options->Visuals.
  • Fixed issues with Chase standings not being displayed correctly, or crashing the game.
  • Added 2016 NASCAR Next drivers (only playable in Quick Race mode).
  • Corrected scaling of damage (improved engine damage).
  • Improved Yellow Flags sensitivity.
  • Superspeedway engine/car tuning (improved the RPM engine curve at superspeedways).
  • The correct pit animation is displayed, taking into account how much fuel was remaining in the car.
  • Speed points count up faster when earning a large number of points.
  • Players only get speed points for laps completed.
  • Season standings only shows the drivers in the current season.
  • Track surface improvements at Las Vegas.
  • Fixed crazy bump at Chicagoland.
  • AI Improvements at Dover and Homestead.
  • Updated logo for October Dover race.
  • New engine sounds.

NASCAR Heat Evolution is available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum for mods, news, discussions and racing action. All here at RaceDepartment.

Have you tried the latest Heat Evolution update? How is the game compared to release day? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The new DLC packages for October have also been revealed! See below:

Spotter Audio
  • Matt DiBenedetto takes his race knowledge from the track to the spotter stand. (Price: $0.99)
  • Brett Griffin, the real world spotter for Sprint Cup Series driver Clint Bowyer and Xfinity Series driver Elliott Sadler, lends a helping hand on-track. (Price: $0.99)
Challenge Pack 2:
  • 4 new Challenges from Chris Buescher, Tony Stewart, Kyle Larson, and Kevin Harvick take you to Pocono, New Hampshire, Michigan, and Indianapolis. (Price: $0.99)
Paint Schemes
  • Paint Scheme Pack 2: Brad Keselowski – Alliance Truck Parts, Danica Patrick – TaxACT, Dale Earnhardt Jr. – Nationwide Patriotic, Joey Logano – Yellow Pennzoil, Ryan Newman – Grainger, Clint Bowyer – Aaron’s, Landon Cassill – FR8 Auctions, Jamie McMurray – McDonald’s, Jimmie Johnson – Lowe’s Red Vest, Chase Elliott – Mountain Dew Baja Blast (Price: $4.99)

• Paint Scheme Pack 3: Jimmie Johnson – Lowes (Yellow 48), Brad Keselowski – Thomas Built Busses, Kevin Harvick – Outback, Landon Cassill – MDS, Ryan Blaney – Blue Quicklane, Greg Biffle – Performance Plus, Chris Buescher – Dockside, Paul Menard – Valvoline, Ricky Stenhouse Jr – Sunny D, Aric Almirola – Waffle House (Price: $4.99)

• Paint Scheme Pack 4: Dale Earnhardt Jr – Axalta, Jimmie Johnson – Lowes / Pro Services, Joey Logano – AAA / Southern California Auto Club, Tony Stewart – Rush Truck Centers, Austin Dillon – Dow / Salute to Veterans, Clint Bowyer – AccuDoc Solutions, Trevor Bayne – Blue Spark Advocare, AJ Allmendinger – Bush’s Best Grillin Beans, Greg Biffle – Roush Performance (Price: $4.99)

• Pit Pass 2: Pit Pass 2 includes Paint Scheme Pack 2, Paint Scheme Pack 3, Paint Scheme Pack 4, Matt DiBenedetto Spotter Audio, Brett Griffin Spotter Audio, and Challenge Pack 2. (Price: $9.99)

• Free Paint Scheme Pack: Enjoy these free 2016 Sprint Cup Series paint schemes! Schemes include: Casey Mears – Geico Military, Joey Logano – AAA Insurance, Kasey Kahne – Quicken Loans, Austin Dillon – Cheerios, Michael Annett – Allstate Peterbilt Group, Trevor Bayne – Advocare Patriotic, Jamie McMurray – McDonalds / Cessna, Greg Biffle – Ford / Ecoboost, Aric Almirola – Fresh from Florida, Clint Bowyer – Visine, Bobby Labonte/Joey Gase – Donate Life Texas (Price: Free)

Toyota DLC
Through our partnership with Toyota, fans will receive a free Toyota Challenge Pack and a free Toyota Paint Scheme Pack each month. Below are details for the free Toyota DLC available in October:
  • Toyota Challenge Pack 2: 4 new Challenges from Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, and Martin Truex Jr. take you to Daytona, Charlotte, Kansas, and Chicagoland. (Price: Free)

• Toyota Paint Scheme Pack 2: Martin Truex Jr – Auto Owners Insurance, Kyle Busch – M&M’s Red White and Blue, Kyle Busch – Banfield Pet Hopsital, Carl Edwards – Comcast Business, Carl Edwards – Xfinity, Matt Kenseth – FlexVolt, Denny Hamlin – Sports Clips, Matt DiBenedetto – Hope for Warriors, Matt DiBenedetto – Anest Iwata, Matt DiBenedetto – NASCAR Heat Evolution, David Ragan – Weaver Media, David Ragan – Bubba Burger Camo (Price: Free)

Michael, I'm sorry in advance, as I really don't mean to pick on you and I don't want you to take this personally, but here is my impression as a relatively disinterested observer to how this game has gone down:

- They released a product that was buggy to such extremes that one would have a hard time not labeling it unfinished (yet, it was sold to consumers at full price).
- In the meantime, the developers have found a way to leverage NASCAR's propensity for livery changes into a nice little cash stream for themselves (bilking die-hard NASCAR fans - the ones willing to look past the bugs - out of their hard earned cash).
- Finally, the devs have had the nerve to already start pimping a sequel (which will presumably be again sold at full price to people hoping THIS will be the game they were originally promised).

Honestly, I'm glad you are enjoying the game and you are perfectly within your rights to have a positive opinion on it and express it here, but I feel like DMR/Monster is taking advantage of your love of racing/NASCAR to make some cash. That really pisses me off.
Can't really argue with you on all of this, but Pcars and Asseto Corsa have basically did the same thing. Release a game that is not yet completed, patch it and then release DLC for the public to buy before the game is fully complete. It seems to be the way Games are released now-a-days.

Can't really argue with you on all of this, but Pcars and Asseto Corsa have basically did the same thing. Release a game that is not yet completed, patch it and then release DLC for the public to buy before the game is fully complete. It seems to be the way Games are released now-a-days
Yes I agree....this is unfortunate, but the time it takes to get a Sim / Game half done so to speak, possibly thousands of work hours must have accumulated without any money coming in as there are mouths to feed, bills to pay, building leases to keep up etc etc...the money list is endless, so a quick infusion of cash is a must at this stage, thus having to release the Sim / Game early to allow for this.....so I personally think as you said...It seems to be the way Games are released now-a-days.

Sadly I agree. TheDLC isn't necessary to purchase to enjoy the game. It's merely add on liveries that NASCAR has been using to create cash flow since 1995. NASCAR learned they could make money easily by selling Diecast collectibles and clothing marketing all of the "Special Run" liveries after Dale Earnhardt's special livery that was run in the All Star race in 1995. Since then it's been common practice to market those paint schemes for extra income. That's why I'm not surprised with the DLC's.

Still hoping someone can answer this or let me know if there is a different place to do so. So far, playing just solo on my PS4, I can't figure out how to increase race length, or add in caution flags, or even do a simple 2 player race.

Does anyone think in the next patch you could have yellow flags on but not black flags ? And do you think it would be possible to have Auto AI in the career ? I hope so thanks alot.

Requirements
  • An nVidia video card. I've tested this on a GTX 1080 STRIX and a GTX 1050 card. This should work fine with 9xx series cards, and maybe even some of the higher end 780 cards. The game isn't all that demanding.
  • The latest nVidia drivers (currently 375.70 as of 11/8/2016)

NOTE: This will not work for ATI, sorry folks!

nVidia Profile Inspector Utility (Newest Version)
Download Link

Attached to the post is a custom profile for Unity based games (but this profile is specifically for NASCAR Heat Evolution, created from scratch) which disables the 60FPS cap on frame rate, disables the poor "in game" anti-aliasing with a driver forced 8xS GSSAA anti-aliasing setting, driver forced 16x anisotropic filtering (Heat Evolution has none at all by default) and a few other performance related tweaks to be sure your graphics card is running at Maximum Performance, as well as some custom LOD bias settings for the anisotropic filtering.

Due to forum limitations, I had to upload the profile as a text file. Save this to your computer, but rename the extension from .txt to .nip so you can import it into nVidia Profile Inspector.

The utility is pretty simple to use, but if you wish to read up a bit more about what it does and what each setting means, a good read is available at http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403676 and may help if you find that you need to lower some of my custom settings for AA and AF in the profile.

Simply launch nvinspector and click on the "Import" icon (pictured below) and browse to the location where you downloaded the profile attached to this thread to import the profile. Finally, click "Apply changes" and start up NASCAR Heat Evolution via Steam, as normal.

import.jpg

If you want to take advantage of the unlocked frame rates, be sure and turn "V-Sync" OFF in the Graphics Options menu. It's also a good idea to set a "Custom" setting, and disable the Anti-aliasing provided by the game by setting it to OFF.

The Goal!
My goal with this is to verify whether or not tweaking these settings really has improved the visual quality and performance of the game, or if there is a bit of "placebo" effect going on.

There is no question, for me, that the game runs more fluidly at the high FPS (130 to 160 depending on track and where you are in the field) and I don't experience the "stutters" that originally made me quit playing the game.

I sat down, wrote this profile, and gave the game another shot. I ended up doing challenges and AI races for over 2 hours! By far the most pleasant experience I've had with the game, and it has changed my opinion significantly, as I am fortunate to have nVidia cards where these settings can be overridden at the driver level, despite poor code in the stock release.

This has no impact on online play and does not modify any files associated with the game. If things don't work well for you, you should try lowering the AF and AA settings a bit to see if performance improves. If you find you're not happy, you can delete the profile and it won't be applied anymore.

Look forward to hearing some feedback from others on this. I had a lot of fun once I got the game looking better and not feeling like I was bogged down by a poor frame rate.

Attachments

• NASCAR Heat Evolution - 8XSGSSAA 16X AF Unlocked FPS.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 655
Sounds very interesting. Sadly I have an ati card...
But can you post some screenshots of the game after the changes? Just curious how it looks now :)

This is Jeff Gordons '13 DTEH scheme, I've been working on. It is still not 100% accurate as I put Valvoline instead of Quaker State on it and changed some of the smaller logos. I use this as my career scheme, that's why my name is on the windscreen. I always liked this scheme very much...
Credits go to NDG for the base, BER for the contigs and numbers, and zaw24fan for the DTEH logos.

NASCARHeatEvolution2016-10-0317-58-49.jpg.html

NASCARHeatEvolution2016-10-0318-00-33.jpg.html

NASCARHeatEvolution2016-10-0318-01-03.jpg.html

NASCARHeatEvolution2016-10-0318-01-40.jpg.html

Feeling a bit pathetic at the moment, but I cannot for the life of me remember which file to edit to change the default base scheme. I thought it was in the level0 sponsor file but now I am not so sure...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.