1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured NASCAR Heat Evolution Development Roadmap Revealed

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

NASCAR Heat Evolution.jpg
    NASCAR Heat Evolution developers Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games have reached out to the community and listed a number of areas the studio are looking to address, based on feedback received from a somewhat disgruntled fan base desperate to finally receive an officially sanctioned NASCAR title worthy of the licence.

NASCAR Heat Evolution has received a rough ride from fans since its release, but it does appear the studio are listening to player concerns and looking to address some of the issues. Ok the latest move has not exactly covered off every area of critical concern, but it is a strong indication that the studio wish to try and bring up the standard of the title to a more satisfactory level.

• Address issue of players driving backwards
    • Set physics type option
    • Allow setups option

• Add additional drivers
    • Adjust screen size option on console
    • Miller Lite paint scheme integration

• Update engine sounds
    • Improve caution flag sensitivity
    • Fix engine issue when using “Full Damage”
    • Polish fuel windows
    • Other improvements and fixes

(Please note, this list is subject to change.)

The update from DMR comes at a critical time for the game, with updates slow to arrive and a seemingly constant barrage of paid DLC further adding fuel to the fire of players concerned about the long term intentions to develop the title. Although the above list is subject to change, and no firm dates have yet been revealed, DMR have stated the have "got some updates planned over the coming weeks with the features you’ve been asking for", so hope still remains amongst the community. The above list is confirmed as being worked on, however the studio have acknowledged the required improvements go further than the above list:

"You may notice a few fan suggestions are missing from the list. Don’t worry! We’re looking into them. Some updates require more development time than others and may have to wait until the next title release. Nonetheless, we’re here listening to your feedback"

Obviously RaceDepartment will be keeping abreast of the latest news regarding this title, stay tuned to find out what happens, when it happens...

The NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for joining in the discussion regarding this new title. We hosts mods for the game, post the latest news and have some fantastic racing events. Head over and join in the forum today!

Do you enjoy NASCAR Heat Evolution? How are you finding the game so far? Looking forward to seeing the proposed upgrades added to the game? What do you think the studio should focus on? Let us know in the comments section below!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

'Next Title Release'...I might wait until the 'Next Title release'.... before I make a purchase....maybe.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Yeah I'm in that boat too. I really want to get this, despite the bad reviews, but plan to wait a while and see what happens with development (and a nice sale wouldn't hurt either ;) ).
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Slyfrequency

Premium Member

I think people expected it to be the new nr2003 that the NASCAR community had been waiting for, I was one of those, I think this title will be the learning curve, the next title will hopefully be a huge improvement.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Just like F1 2016...im waiting for the patch that turns the game fron console version into dedicated pc version:whistling:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

Yes agree....and also Forza Horizon 3 into a full blown Sim...:)...if only
  7. I thought development road maps came before the game is retailing for $60.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

I knew there would be some growing pains. And yes the game was horrible at release by there isn't really a NASCAR alternative for next gen consoles, so I'm in it for the long haul. And so far I've been very happy with the changes they've made. This game will be very good after the next few updates and make a very solid stocking stuffer for Xmas
    • Like Like x 2
  9. PaulH

Premium Member

Did this sell well on console? According to steamspy roughly 1500 copies sold on PC :confused:
  10. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Probably not.. But it could be a good pickup for Black-Friday (Day after Thanksgiving) With the Patches coming the game is only going to get better, the Devs are communicating with players and are making changes.
  11. Agree. If you follow DMR Executive Producer @TheSeanWilson on Twitter then you'll get a lot of insight into what is coming. They are being very transparent now, which is great. It will only get better.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Guess we can't expect Oculus Rift support in a console port.