After further testing I don't believe this is working :(
I have tried every known "Unity" behavior flag that I can find and no luck. I think the main performance gains I saw were from an unlocked framerate -- I had been locked at 30FPS because someone suggested that Every Other V Blank would help the random slowdowns but I don't think it helps.

I'm about ready to just give up on this game.

Testers needed! Shut up the annoying crowd noise!

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/crowd-cheer-noise-removal.12720/

If the feedback from this is good, and nobody encounters issues this will open up the ability to edit even more sounds in the game!

I'm learning more and more about Unity and how we can start replacing things beyond textures! YES! That means engine sounds too!

I'll give it a go and let you know. I think it sounds when you pass the leader and are about to win the race.

This section is about Nascar Heat Evolution, but I thought I would let folks know that the Original Nascar Heat is still alive and well, and we've been modding that game since day one with hundreds of mods and add on tracks! :)

Our modifieds will be released @ Christmas Time.. Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Besides NR2K3, I have never had a nascar game for the computer. I have had a few for XBOX and PS2, none with a wheel, and I equally hated all of them.

My intent would be to buy nascar heat for the PC from steam because, well, I'm a poor full time nursing student and can't afford iR.

Is the game worth the $39 and how does it stack up against iR? Is the simulations mode believable? Leagues? Mod friendly?

$39 feels like it's a bit of a stretch, and I outright would not recommend it if you're going for simulation value. It's definitely an arcade-style game through and through, and handles pretty much exactly like a straight-up remake of NASCAR Heat 2002 / Dirt to Daytona. I mean, I would highly recommend it if you're just going for the sensation of racing, it's a pretty decent product; it's just not a sim.

I am seeing a lot of leagues get put together on Twitter and such, though, so you won't be at a loss for other players.

my nascar heat evolution game having issue on xbox one as it freezes all the time after each race on championship also as i try to go to career and on multiplayer as the race starts. i really like this game would like to try career mode as well as finish cup series cant because after each race it freeze so have to play cup series track one over and over please help

NASCAR Heat December Update.jpg

DMR and Monster Games have released their December DLC pack for the NASCAR Heat Evolution racing game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

The December DLC package contains a number of new and updated skins for the game, reflecting the often confusion tendencies of the real world NASCAR teams to chop and change their sponsor and paint scheme designs as the NASCAR season progresses. As an added bonus to the usual paid DLC items, the December pack also contains two free Brad Keselowski Miller Lite paint schemes for players over the age of 21. Xbox One and PC players will automatically receive the download whilst PS4 gamers will need to pick up the skins in the PlayStation store.

The full December DLC list can be seen below:

Updated DLC

• The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Paint Scheme Pack 1: Complete your Chase field with an additional 55 schemes! If you own Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Paint Scheme Pack 1 or Pit Pass 1, you’ll get these new schemes FREE! If you purchase Chase Pack 1 or Pit Pass 1 moving forward, you will receive all 71 Chase schemes.
Additional schemes include:
  • Jimmie Johnson: Round of 12 – Lowes (Yellow 48) and Lowes ProServices, Round of 8 – Lowes (Yellow 48) and Lowes/Kobalt, Round of 4 – Lowes (Yellow 48)
  • Kyle Busch: Round of 16 – M&M’s, Round of 12 – Snickers Halloween, M&M’s and Interstate Batteries, Round of 8 – M&M’s, Round of 4 – M&M’s
  • Carl Edwards: Round of 16 – Arris Surfboard and Comcast Business, Round of 12 – Xfinity, Stanley and Subway, Round of 8 – Sport Clips and Stanley.
  • Joey Logano: Round of 12 – Pennzoil Yellow
  • Chase Elliott: Round of 16 – Mountain Dew, Round of 12 – NAPA, 3M and SunEnergy1
  • Kevin Harvick: Round of 16 – Ditech, Round of 12 – Jimmy John’s and Outback, Round of 8 – Jimmy John’s
  • Tony Stewart: Round of 16 – Rush Truck Centers and Code 3
  • Austin Dillon: Round of 16 – AAA and Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, Round of 12 – Dow/Kilz and E15/American Ethanol Pink
  • Martin Truex Jr.: Round of 12 – Furniture Row/Maaco, Furniture Row/Denver Mattress and Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats
  • Brad Keselowski: Round of 12 – Wurth and Brad K
  • Denny Hamlin: Round of 16 – FedEx Freight and FedEx Ground, Round of 12 – FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Office, Round of 8 – FedEx Freight, FedEx Ground and FedEx Office
  • Jamie McMurray: Round of 16 – Credit One
  • Matt Kenseth: Round of 16 – Dewalt/Flexvolt, Round of 12 – Dewalt/Flexvolt and Dollar General, Round of 8 – Dewalt/Flexvolt and Dollar General
  • Kurt Busch: Round of 12 – HAAS, Round of 8 – State Water Heaters and HAAS
December DLC
Spotter Audio
  • Ben Kennedy and his spotter Jimmy Kitchens lend a helping hand around the track. These are two separate spotter audios for the price of one! (Price: $0.99)
Challenge Pack 4
  • 4 New challenges from Ryan Newman, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick take you to Richmond, Talladega, Charlotte and Phoenix. (Price: $0.99)
Paint Schemes
  • Paint Scheme Pack 8: Joey Logano – AutoTrader, Martin Truex Jr. – Tanger Outlets, Ryan Blaney – SKF, Ryan Newman – Wix, Jamie McMurray – CreditOne, Ricky Stenhouse Jr – Zest, Regan Smith – Thomas the Tank Engine, Regan Smith – Advanced Auto Parts/Quaker States, Bobby Labonte – Rimrock Devlin, Michael McDowell – Rat Rods (Price: $4.99)
  • Paint Scheme Pack 9: Dale Earnhardt Jr. – Mountain Dewcision, Brad Keselowski – AutoTrader, Bobby Labonte – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Regan Smith – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, David Ragan – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Michael McDowell – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kurt Busch – State Water Heaters, Bobby Labonte – Bentley’s Saloon, Bobby Labonte – Corvette Parts, Regan Smith – Fire Alarm Services Inc. (Price: $4.99)
Toyota DLC
Through our partnership with Toyota, fans will receive a free Toyota Challenge Pack and a free Toyota Paint Scheme Pack each month. Below are details for the free Toyota DLC available in December:

• Toyota Challenge Pack 4: New Challenges from Matt Kenseth, Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards at New Hampshire, Talladega, Phoenix and Homestead-Miami. (Price: Free
  • Toyota Paint Scheme Pack 4: Kyle Busch – Pedigree Dog Food, Kyle Busch – M&M’s Core, Kyle Busch – Snickers Cripser, Kyle Busch – Interstate Batteries, Denny Hamlin – Fed Ex Freight, Matt DiBenedetto – Sewanee Tigers, Matt DiBenedetto – Vector Security, Matt DiBenedetto – Scorpyd Crossbows, David Ragan – Dr. Pepper / USA (Price: Free)
NASCAR Heat December Update 2.jpg

NASCAR Heat Evolution is available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 right now.

Join in with the discussion at the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Check out a mod or two in our downloads section or join in one of the excellent Friday Night Heat Series events. The sub forum is the place to catch up on the latest news and join in the chat with your fellow fans at RaceDepartment!

Have you tried the new update yet? How has the game developed over time? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You'll have more luck contacting DMR for support since it is a console version. If it were the PC, some of us may be able to look at the crash logs the PC version generates and help, but no such feature available to anyone here for the console versions.

Wait a little longer for them to put it on steam as a bundle with all DLC for $29.99, which is what it was retailing for on Black Friday/Cyber Monday (without DLC though) then it might be worth it.

I regret the money I spent on release, DLC, etc., but would have been OK with a $20 or $30 title for the quality of product.

The wealth of paint schemes (for the Toyotas and Keselowski, at least; I'm cheap) have been an interesting cosmetic change as the game goes along, and it's definitely in a better state performance-wise than at launch, but it's still really just best for quick pick-up-and-play passing of the time. The challenges are generally the most exciting part of each update to me since it means more gameplay, but they get burned through rather quickly.

I think it's funny they keep putting out DLC but have not released a update on the game. I have not even played the game since the motors sound change. I know the old sound was not great but it beats what we have now,Any ways with Rfactor 2 update coming that worked stock car rules i will just wait and see how good they fixed that.

It's available for 20.99GBP on Steam right now so I could give it a try but:
1. Does it fully support Thrustmaster T300RS?
2. Does it support TrackIR?
3. Is there anything I should to know before purchase? Never played NASCAR series game before and my knowledge about the sport is only what I've seen in the movie with Tom Cruise and Robert Duvall some time ago.

1. The Thrustmaster T500RS is the only Thrustmaster wheel not supported, it seems.
2. It doesn't seem so.
3. Yeah, you might want to do a bit more research on NASCAR before you get into this, then. The film you're describing, Days of Thunder, is wildly inaccurate and exaggerated for the sake of making a good movie. There are a good amount of beginner's guides and such out there (such as this barebones one), but the biggest thing to know for the career mode, if you already know the basics, is the Chase system. Essentially, the championship is decided less by points and more by elimination rounds now, with the top 16 drivers competing in a few races, then top 12, 8, and one final race with the 4. Whoever places best in the final race among the four wins the trophy.

I picked this up on discount towards the backend of November but only this past weekend did I give it a first try out and have to say I was pretty impressed with it. I had an incredible amount of fun, far more than I expected and it reminded me why I love this form of racing. I was a big Papyrus Nascar Racing fan (all versions) back in my PC days in the 90's and early 00's but since going over to console for financial reasons back in 2010 when I could not afford a new PC but wanted to get back to some racing I have not had any chance to get back to Nascar other than a brief flirtation with Nascar 08. So when this became available over here in the UK and then dropped in price I went for it... so glad now that I did.

It's not the most swish thing out there and graphically it is a bit retro but to be honest that kind of adds to the enjoyment for me for some reason and makes me feel more immersed in my virtual racing word. I always race from cockpit so that may help there as I couldn't get the same enjoyment from any other view I am sure. I use the Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX and that seems to work pretty well with this game.

Definitely a winner for me :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea