Paul Jeffrey

Premium

NASCAR Heat 3.png

Marking a third instalment to the recently relaunched NASCAR Heat franchise, 704Games confirm NASCAR Heat 3 is well on the way to a release...

Thin on the ground in terms of detail, 704Games have released the surprise news that a third officially licenced NASCAR title is well into the final stages of development, scheduled to reveal to the world the details of the latest NASCAR game to appear on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in just 28 days time..

Having taken considerable criticism from the media and gamers alike for the occasionally slapdash attempts at reviving the Heat franchise, 704Games will be keen to finally pull the pieces together in what is their third attempt at a serious licenced NASCAR game.

With just 28 days and a few minutes left until the big reveal, I guess it won't be long until we get the chance to find out for ourselves...

NASCAR Heat 3 is scheduled for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC late 2018.

Keep an eye out for the upcoming NASCAR Heat 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussion around 704Games latest NASCAR title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to NASCAR Heat 3? Do you think 704Games can make a good fist of the new release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind to get decent(althought arcadish, of course) oval driving game for consoles. Problem with NH 1-2 is that first they look plain awful and crappy with horrible textures etc and still they run badly and are wobbly. And to top of that, driving is below par, with wheel(CSW v2)or controller.

I have tried both on Xbox One first(NH 1) and later with XbX(NH 1-2). It's kinda stupid when you get better "Nascar-experience" in Forza or in pCars 2, with hugely better graphics and drivability.

But as said, if they finally understand what they are doing and this time bring out good version, I'd definitely buying it. On consoles, not to pc, there I have iR etc if I want to drive ovals in serious way.

I've greatly enjoyed Heat Evolution and 2, particularly in quick races with 7% race length and 4x tire/fuel wear to ensure at least one stop, but I gotta admit the technical issues are really taking their toll and I'm running out of patience pretty quickly, particularly having to do a similar grind in these games to get to where I was in the last one. I'm genuinely hopeful stuff gets smoothed out this time, because even if the core gameplay is just about the same as it was 18 years ago, it's still satisfying on a base level. If it doesn't, I'm running out of incentive to run the same tracks I have in countless titles as it is. Fingers crossed.

I almost bought NH2, but decided against it when I learned there was no option to save races in progress... Now, if they implemented that feature in NH3, maybe I'll consider getting it this time. I'll wait for the reviews.

NASCAR Heat 3 will release on September 7th - and it looks set to contain plenty of new features and content.

Developed yet again by 704Games and set to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this coming September, the new official NASCAR game had its first public reveal earlier today at the Daytona International Speedway, showing off the upcoming title to the NASCAR fans and revealing what looks to be quite a nice upgrade over the first two releases into the franchise.

So, what's new?
  • Extreme Dirt Tour - In addition to the 3 NASCAR National Series (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series, and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series), players can sling some mud in this all-new dirt racing circuit.
  • Esports Tournaments - Compete against others from across the globe in daily and weekly tournaments. Lay down a great race time and qualify for the Finals in your skill bracket. Win your bracket for ultimate bragging rights!
  • 8 New Tracks - Experience 8 all-new dirt tracks, including dirt racing at Bristol Motor Speedway and NASCAR Heat’s first-ever dirt road course. The final Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL layout and the overhauled ISM Raceway have also been added.
  • Deeper Career Mode – Make a name for yourself in the all-new Xtreme Dirt Tour and advance to NASCAR’s 3 National Series. Sign contracts with some of the biggest racing teams in NASCAR or start your own team! See if you can bring home the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Trophy.
  • Stories – Before the green flag waves, get live updates on your race. Watch as a driver gets sent to the back for a technical violation and get updates on who’s having a good weekend, and who’s struggling.
  • Gameplay Improvements – A new racing line gives real-time feedback on the optimal line and speeds in Practice. Skip tuning in the garage and dial in your car’s handling to your unique driving style with 9 predefined car setups.
NASCAR HEAT 3 Reveal.jpg

The first reveal earlier today is only the beginning of the expected hype train from 704Games, with more details set to be teased to the gaming public in the weeks and months ahead of the release later this year.

NASCAR Heat 3 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 7th 2018.

Don't forget to check out the new NASCAR Heat 3 sub forum, a place to go and discuss the title and keep abreast of the latest news as and when it becomes available!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to NH3? What do you make of the new trailer and details revealed so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Cool! But i'm very sad not exists Indycar game in the same ideia or the same F-1 games. Very sad for this.
Because NASCAR's greed took over IndyCar tracks when they were going through the CART/IRL split. And NASCAR plastered their name everywhere and used their money and power to push IndyCar out. But now NASCAR is dying and IRL is prevailing. I'm sure there will be an Indy title soon.

Until then, Project CARS 2 has the entire 2016 Verizon IndyCar field.

I want to buy it because it is the ONLY racing game to include Mosport CTMP apart from iRacing. But I've read the reviews on the last one and just can't get excited about it.

If the reviews are better than the current mixed then maybe.

Paul can we have a "Bleh" emoticon please?:rolleyes:

What are you mean "reviews", game is just announce it's launch date and that's the September 7th. :O_o:
On these smileys matter... RD have by far more sparse choice from all forums I've ever been. Sometimes it's really hard to express yourself here. :D
I really need at least some "neutral" smileys
and of course, one saying "shrug".
884.gif

That's simply e-s-s-e-n-t-i-a-l! :rolleyes:

Just a guess here... but am I noticing a distinct lack of enthusiasm for this new game :confused:

If it is a Heat 2 with dirt it will be worth checking out, if you accept poor graphics and controlller options and an AI that can go from ok-ish to not so ok depending on the track you are racing. I’ll probably end up buying it, because at least they added dirt and new tracks, but overall I am disappointed about the overall development of this series. At least the price of Heat 2 was a little more in line with its quality compared to Heat Evolution’s premium at release, which left a bitter after taste.

It is a shame that the NASCAR license is not able to find a superior partner, even if simcade companies like codemasters could achieve much more than we are now getting.

B game series that can offer a fun simcade NASCAR experience if you allow it to, especially if you run longer races and at a difficulty setting that matches your average speed.

The dirt racing does have my attention; it's nice to see them making more use of it (building the whole model for dirt just for one event at Eldora felt a bit of a waste in 2) and it looks like this could be an interesting time. Having the racing line for practice and qualifying is a pretty major plus that's been absent from NASCAR titles for far too long. Only question left for me is how it holds up technically; the last two were great fun in my book but had a whole lot of issues that become increasingly frustrating as they persist with each iteration.

They're still playing catch-up with Dirt to Daytona, all in all, and that's both a testament to how excellent that title was, and a bit sad 16 years after that release. I feel like having all the cars and tracks is working to their detriment here because they don't have room to make cool fictional stuff like back in the day. But that's just me. I'll still be looking into this and probably end up getting it anyways.

It's actually a shame Milesone didn't take licence for it.
Don't laugh I mean, really...
I like the way they now lead their "MotoGP" and "MXGP" series. :thumbsup:
Guess Italians really don't get all that oval racing after all. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back