NASCAR Heat 3 2.jpg NASCAR Heat 3.jpg NASCAR Heat 4.jpg NASCAR Heat 5.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 1.jpg
First we had the announcement trailer, now we get some new images from the upcoming NASCAR Heat 3 videogame...

Once again produced by 704Games and set to release on both console and PC, NASCAR Heat 3 is set to become the latest in the recently refreshed NASCAR Heat franchise of racing videogames that depict the official Monster Energy NASCAR series in the United States.

Containing all the cars, teams and drivers from three tiers of officially sanctioned NASCAR racing, plus a newly introduced set of events that take place on dirt locations - the breading ground of many former and current NASCAR racers, Heat 3 very much looks like the developers are pushing for one of the most rounded and complete iterations of the series to day.

Set to include for the very first time the fantasy Xtreme Dirt Tour, this new element of gameplay will give players the opportunity to race over eight brand new dirt tracks prior to making the jump into the bigger leagues of paved racing, entering the Camping World Truck Series prior to moving up the ranks into the NASCAR Xfinity Series and finally the big show itself, the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

Adding depth to previous offerings, 704Games have promised the new title will include a much enhanced career mode this time around, giving gamers the freedom to build and manage their own race teams as they develop a career in the heart of American motorsports.

With two admittedly lacklustre games behind them so far, NASCAR Heat 3 has to deliver, and deliver big if the good will behind the return of Monster Games is to continue into a fourth edition of the series....

Don't forget to leave a comment in our NASCAR Heat 3 Wish List thread and let the developers know what you want to see included in the next and future editions of the series..

NASCAR Heat 3 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 7th 2018.

Don't forget to check out the new NASCAR Heat 3 sub forum, a place to go and discuss the title and keep abreast of the latest news as and when it becomes available!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the prospects of an improved NASCAR Heat in this third edition? Looking forward to NH3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
NASCAR Heat 3 1.jpg

Looking forward to NASCAR Heat 3? Have high expectations of the game? Tell us your wish list items here!

NASCAR Heat 3 is set to be the third instalment of the official NASCAR game franchise from 704Games and Monster Games, and already looks set to contain much more bang for your buck than previous titles...

But what do you want to see added to the new game? Let us know below!

Apart from the game which isn't out it must be a marketing nightmare. I dpn't even recognize all the drivers on the cover or title image. No Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, etc.I only stopped watching last year after the 3 stage gimmick stuff came into being. I hope I'm wrong and the game is great and if so I'll buy it if for no other reason than it has Mosport, a very much overlooked track by other developers.

Those cars from dirt oval are sooooo fugly !!!
Are they really exist or they came straight from game designers heads ? :alien:
I pray for second.

It's looking good but, as ever, it's all about the FFB, the physics, the framerate and the AI.
iRacing is going to get AI...so for me personally I will be waiting for the Oval action in iRacing with AI added....iRacing also has good FFB with most wheels, lazer scanned tracks, decent graphics, VR support...although the comparison might be unfair, both of these are still fundamentally simulations of a racing game.

So it seem that they still doesn't do anything to game's horrible graphics? I have both 1 and 2 on Xbox One(X) and as much as I would wanted to have some nascar game on console, I can't drive them with their graphics, it's like something from early ps3-era and still fps dips somewhere 20'ish very often. Shame on them. Really rather drive some nascar car/track in Forza/pCars etc.

I see a lot of people saying the graphics look 'horrible' whenever new screenshots come out. I think it's a nice high-contrast bright color scheme that goes less for realism and more for an easily readable pack and distinctive cars. It's a great art style in my book, but I'm very biased by 90's arcade racers, I realize.

It's the aliasing on the catchfence that's looked horrible at speed the last two games. Hopefully THAT gets fixed somehow.

Sound!!! We need real and good sound! I am a NASCVAR fan and watch every race, i am German btw. and addicted to good sounds!

So please make good sounds and i am a happy Heat3 buyer.

And VR!! NASCAR and VR is a blast. Liked it in iRacing, but thats too expensive and AI racing makes also fun, so better sounds and VR are my 2 wishes!

- Manual starts from the pitlane
- Manual pitstops
- Working safetycar
- TrackIR and / or VR
- Adjustable camera in the cockpit (up / down, left / right, fore / aft)

Sorry to say.. but the graphics look like crap. Would be kind of understandable for extreme hard core sim, built on an old engine. But the feeling when Automobilista looks better...

NASCAR Heat 3 6.jpg

Check out the latest set of NASCAR Heat 3 preview images.

NASCAR Heat 3 is well on it's way to release on PC and console this September 7th, and with the real world series in full swing, developers 704Games have been hard at work dropping a number of preview images in recent weeks... something we thought might be fun to roundup and bunch together in a single article for you all to enjoy.

So, what is NASCAR Heat 3, and what will be new / different than previous versions of the game?

Well for starters the new title will feature a much more fleshed out series of dirt locations, all bundled together in a nice fantasy championship to race.. however don't be fooled, the dirt series might be of the made up variety, but the cars are the real deal, and the next rung up the ladder (and those that follow), will be real world officially licenced categories..

Also as is the trend of late with this type of game, the offline career mode looks like it is set to have some more meat put onto the bones. With a greater emphasis on developing team and car than previous versions releases into the franchise, Heat 3 will allow players to build their own team and rise through the ranks of the three officially sanctioned NASCAR series represented in the game.

So all in all, it certainly looks like NASCAR Heat 3 will be a step up for the series as the developers look to capture the drama of one of the most spectacular championships in motorsport...

NASCAR Heat 3 1.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 2.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 3.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 4.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 5.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 7.jpg
NASCAR Heat 3 8.jpg

Have a look over at our NASCAR Heat 3 sub forum for the latest news and discussions about this upcoming game, and don't forget to leave a comment in our NASCAR Heat 3 Wish List thread and let the developers know what you want to see included in the next and future editions of the series..

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to NH3? Do you think the game will improve on previous versions? Let us know you thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies