NASCAR Camping World Trucks

Cars NASCAR Camping World Trucks 1.94

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've stumbled across a few more bugs that need to be fixed.

- AI will lose the back end for literally no reason, fish tail down halfway down the front straightaway, then finally spin out. (I've seen them lose the back end just because they decided to change lines in an attempt to pass a truck in front)
- Some AI are still struggling to find the reverse gear.
- Some AI will recklessly keep the throttle down while attempting to turn around, and will pull out directly in front of traffic, before head-butting a wall.
- Rear end of trucks are extremely high in the air; while the in-race suspension reads out at around 5 inches off the ground, in the garage the default height is 11 inches...that's way higher than most teams would put it. (I don't even think they can go that high!)
- No roof flaps? (Not sure if it's a game-engine limit or not.)

Overall, a lot of improvements, but it seems like it needs a bit more hammering out.

I've stumbled across a few more bugs that need to be fixed.

Overall, a lot of improvements, but it seems like it needs a bit more hammering out.

-"AI will lose the back end " No matter what setup i give them!
"Some AI are still struggling to find the reverse gear" I made no improvements here since I do not know how
"Some AI will recklessly" - Game bug, exaggerated by the power, balloon tires
"Rear end of trucks are extremely high" - Suspension sag (AI seem to do best with more = bigger bumps the tires will stay on the ground)
"No roof flaps" - There will not be in my mod

- Rear end of trucks are extremely high in the air; while the in-race suspension reads out at around 5 inches off the ground, in the garage the default height is 11 inches...that's way higher than most teams would put it. (I don't even think they can go that high!)

Yup... something went a bit wrong there!
Ill be changing the AI setup asap

Thank you for pointing that out!

Last edited:
I tried the Mod and is good fun! Love the V8 sound.
I did a few laps at Cascavel.

The only thing the bothers me are the skins. I think there is something wrong with it. The way it shines and receive reflections on track. Dont really know how to demonstrate that with words, but doesnt look right.

I tried the Mod and is good fun! Love the V8 sound.
The only thing the bothers me are the skins. I think there is something wrong with it. The way it shines and receive reflections on track. Dont really know how to demonstrate that with words, but doesnt look right.

Thank you!
That is "Opacity" that causes that
I have a very high value.. which to make that stop would require a very low value...
This, however, also makes the paint schemes impossible to see in .dds format (paint.net)
I just don't care much at the moment.. but at some point in time I will possibly change that to make it look better and feel more realistic.

I have Paint.net which is a hassle for me to use :p

Thank you!
That is "Opacity" that causes that
I have a very high value.. which to make that stop would require a very low value...
This, however, also makes the paint schemes impossible to see in .dds format (paint.net)
I just don't care much at the moment.. but at some point in time I will possibly change that to make it look better and feel more realistic.

I have Paint.net which is a hassle for me to use :p

@Poopenshnapples I've changed the Alpha channel of one DDS in Photoshop, and it didn't have any effect. I believe that's something mod related instead of DDS related.

I've changed the Alpha channel of one DDS in Photoshop, and it didn't have any effect. I believe that's something mod related instead of DDS related.

HA!!!! That is funny... I just did the same thing... No difference at all... except at Opacity 0%... then everything was black

I have no idea why then.. could be AMS.. I really don't know
In RF2 opacity made a huge difference

Poopenshnapples updated NASCAR Camping World Trucks with a new update entry:

Heavily reduced paint shine, New starter sounds, Tire and Shifting changes

v1.7 Update:
- Starter sounds
- Heavily reduced opacity of base car .dds files (Glow/Shine)
- Reduced tire grip slightly
- Upshifting: Reduced clutch and change time slightly

v1.6 Update:
- No low speed clipping (in my tests)
- Ride height -2inch
- Separate Ford, Toyota and Chevy models
- and more improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

Author's Response
"In its current state"
What would you like to see changed?

Hi. I’ll put this over here as it’s not a review now.

Basically the damage model, they do seem a bit indestructible and I can run in the back of someone and not leave a mark. With a similar accident in a similar car, the default Montana there would have been a dent in the back of Mr AI’s vehicle. Personally I quite like races where not everybody makes it to the end and to come round a corner and sometimes find debris on the road. I can and probably will tweak the damage file to my own liking anyway so it’s not a big thing but as you asked, that’s the main issue I have with it right now.
The other one you may like to know is that I always do standing starts regardless of whether that’s real life or not and the AI don’t rev their engines just sit there idling. I have managed to fix that though by adding this line into the engine file - AIStartThrottle=(0.15,0.25,0.50,0.75)
I’ll be honest I found that somewhere ages ago, I’ve used it on other mods and it seems to work without issues but I don’t really understand what it is or what the numbers are.

And thanks again for your efforts in making this, it’s much appreciated.
Daz.

Hey dude. Can you do something with the tire pressures? They are like 100kpa off and the AI doesnt seem to adjust it. I have to put them on 120% to make them competitive

I can give you a default number if you want.

A good default KPA for the tires is 286 in the front and 278 in the rear.

That should speed up the AI without having to boost them artificially. Other than that this is great.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.1%