- AI talent
- Engine
- Setups
- File directory(s)
- Audio
and more!

Install:
Unzip (7zip)
Merge 'Automobilista' folder with 'Automobilista' game folder.. and enjoy!!

Read more about this resource...

I didn't write down everything I should've in my Review, so I'll just cut/paste that into here. (Includes some already mentioned stuff.)

Bear in mind that, save for a single track (Monza), this is the only Mod I currently have installed, and I have only raced the trucks on default tracks.

+ Truck is hell bent on killing you when you go "Full Potato" on the throttle
+ Sounds extremely loud and proud
+ Pit menu allows for adjustments, like spring rubber, wedge, trackbar, etc.
+ Fancy RPM lighting system
+ A lot of camera "on board" camera angles (always a plus!)
+ Game runs well; minimal loss of FPS
- Engines too loud: by default I can't hear a thing my spotter says.
- Adjustments in the garage do not seem to reflect when you go to the pit menu; always at "0.00" wedge no matter what I mess with. Not even sure if there is a connection...
- Damage model is mediocre at best.
- No roof-flaps deploy. (I don't know if this is an issue on the mod's end or the game's engine limits.)
- No sounds made when you hit a wall or another car...or if a tire goes flat. (This applies even if you stall the engine and thus have nothing to drown it out.)
- Water Temp gauge does not change colors or flash when temps get too high. (Ditto with Oil Temps, Oil Pressure, etc.)
- Tires seems to be more photo-realistic than the actual truck; a little bit of an eyesore IMO.
- Trucks are very shiny compared to anything else.
- No flames out the tailpipe...ever.
- Start-up sound is "extremely generic".
- For some reason, AI are unable to find the reverse gear...they seem to prefer "floor it and hope I can get going in the right direction"
- AI also do not seem to apply the brakes when they go backwards. They seem to prefer riding the wall going backwards until they eventually get enough traction to go forward.
- Tires are incorrectly applied during pit stops; it should be so the jack is applied Right ---> Left (currently set up as Front--->Rear)

I'll give more feedback if I find anything else. This will probably be more than enough to get you started. I know modding is hard (even though I've never really tried it with a game newer than NR2003), so I understand not all of this is fixable.

I didn't write down everything I should've in my
- Engines too loud: by default I can't hear a thing my spotter says.
- Adjustments in the garage do not seem to reflect when you go to the pit menu; always at "0.00" wedge no matter what I mess with. Not even sure if there is a connection...
- Damage model is mediocre at best.
- No roof-flaps deploy. (I don't know if this is an issue on the mod's end or the game's engine limits.)
- No sounds made when you hit a wall or another car...or if a tire goes flat. (This applies even if you stall the engine and thus have nothing to drown it out.)
- Water Temp gauge does not change colors or flash when temps get too high. (Ditto with Oil Temps, Oil Pressure, etc.)
- Tires seems to be more photo-realistic than the actual truck; a little bit of an eyesore IMO.
- Trucks are very shiny compared to anything else.
- No flames out the tailpipe...ever.
- Start-up sound is "extremely generic".
- For some reason, AI are unable to find the reverse gear...they seem to prefer "floor it and hope I can get going in the right direction"
- AI also do not seem to apply the brakes when they go backwards. They seem to prefer riding the wall going backwards until they eventually get enough traction to go forward.
- Tires are incorrectly applied during pit stops; it should be so the jack is applied Right ---> Left (currently set up as Front--->Rear)

I will check out the AI reverse gear.. and see if I can do anything
Hitting objects... I will definitely look into that!
Tire blowouts.. Also will look into
Everything else:
- I love a loud engine!
- Lights.. no idea how to do that
- Tires/pitstops/changes/wedge... The game has a mind of it's own.. some things converted well.. others did not.. minor issues as far as i am concerned and will not be changing them.
- Audio/start-up/SFX files... These were the best that I could do
- GFX/models/skins... Will stay the same due to me liking them a lot
- Flames out of the tailpipe.. I am pretty sure it does this.. just very rarely (I think)

Until I get time to fix these... hopefully you, and everyone, finds it fun and exciting to race!

I didn't write down everything I should've in my

I cannot find anything to do with AI reversing anywhere
In RF2 I also never modded the AI to use reverse
It seems like the primary issue with AI using reverse in the the Track AIW file itself.. These trucks are wide and very powerful which will exaggerate any issue within the AIW file (AIW file is the AI's racing line, pit line, exit pits line....speeds for their lines..allowances of track limitations...etc)

The sounds should be fixed when I add my Secondary sound folder.

First of all, I LOVED this mod. I can't stop racing with these cars! I had two helluva races at Jacarepagua 2005 and Interlagos!

+ AI is awesome, on par with the best AI cars from Reiza (e.g: Boxer Cup)
+ The graphics are very lightweight (a must for not-so-powerful notebooks like mine)

- I have to agree to everyone, the engine is gougeous, but it is too loud. You could lower the volume a little, in order to be in the same levels as Reiza engine sounds.

As a AMS painter and modder myself, I have some considerations you may find useful:

1) You have duplicate liveries for ALL cars.
For example, in "Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\VHR\CTS\Chevy\01" folder, you have the following structure:

skins\01.dds
01.dds
01.veh

the VEH file uses the dds in the same folder as it, so the 'Skins' folder is not used. So, you can delete all these 'skins' folders and cut the size of your mod by half! Nice, isn't it?

2) Speaking of VEH.... AMS may me based on rFactor1 in the past, but it isn't rFactor anymore.
In all your VEH files, you have the following line:

Classes="reiza5,VHRCTS"

It happens thought that, in AMS, you can't use that comma-separated structure in 'Classes'. Instead, it have to match the "Vehicle Filter" parameter in SRS file.

So, to wrap it up, edit all your VEH files and change from

Classes="reiza5,VHRCTS"

to

Classes="VHRCTS"

By doing this, you're gonna fix the series name in car selection screen (OPPONENTS section), which shows two blank options.

3) I don't know it people had troubles with their FFB (I use a loystick, so I can't tell). Generally, the 'Description' parameter in a VEH file has a preffix which points to the FFB setting in file RealFeelPlugin.ini, located in AMS root folder. Take that line below for instance, copied from a VEH file of Copa Petrobras de Marcas.

Description="Marcas: Gustavo Martins"

See the 'Marcas: ' in front of driver's name? That maps with [Marca] FFB definition in RealFeelPlugin.ini, (excerpt shown below) and all cars in AMS have this:

[Marca]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=3600.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=2
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

The ini file uses 5 letters inside square brackets to create a code for each FFB setting, and those 5 letters must match the first 5 letters that preffix the Description VEH parameter. So, you should consider taking a look at this parameter in your VEH files, as well as write down the FFB settings for people copy and paste into their local RealFeelPlugin.ini file. I suggest using [VHRCT] in FFB file and VHRCTS: in VEH file.

4) About the 'Category' parameter in VEH: There's nothing wrong with it actually but, since it is used to show the vehicle tree in VEHICLES screen, I would suggest that you change from

Category="NASCAR, Toyota" (or Chevy, or Ford)

to

Category="NASCAR Truck Series, Toyota" (or Chevy, or Ford)

This way, when you click in 'All Cars, All Tracks', you're gonna see "NASCAR Truck Series" instead of just "NASCAR" in Vehicles selection screen, making it ready for future new NASCAR mods.

5) All cars are VERY shiny. Inside the cockpit and out. I did a test, and change the alpha layer in one DDS file, making it darker. It didn't help, which means that annoying shiny look is somewhere in the car modelling itself.

6) Oh, the breaklights are not working in any car. This makes hard to me not to hit the AI in corners, since I didn't know if they were braking or not.

If you have any question about VEH and SRS files, feel free to ask. I'm glad to help!

Last edited:
6) Oh, the breaklights are not working in any car. This makes hard to me not to hit the AI in corners, since I didn't know if they were braking or not.
I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe the real trucks have functioning brake lights, even at their road course events.

I think this is a great mod. People do need to understand that folks releasing stuff on here are not Reiza. This isn't our job, we have lives outside of the game and choose to mod and release, and yeah, some mods are lesser quality than others, some higher quality. But at times the community does come across a bit spoilt, in pointing out, it hasn't got this feature, it hasn't got that feature.

Some works are just a port. And great ports at that. Thank you for this addition, and the time you've taken out of your day AND nights - Its most appreciated. I look forward to any other future releases you may have.

I think this is a great mod. People do need to understand that folks releasing stuff on here are not Reiza. This isn't our job, we have lives outside of the game and choose to mod and release, and yeah, some mods are lesser quality than others, some higher quality. But at times the community does come across a bit spoilt, in pointing out, it hasn't got this feature, it hasn't got that feature.

Some works are just a port. And great ports at that. Thank you for this addition, and the time you've taken out of your day AND nights - Its most appreciated. I look forward to any other future releases you may have.

With respect, let's also not try to kill constructive criticism or helpful tips and pointers to make mods better for everybody. Out of all the threads you could've picked to highlight how the community is 'spoilt', this one seems bizarre.

Lorencini, in particular, has made some great feedback that not only points out a couple of fixable issues; but how to go about correcting them.

With the way the game is set up unaddressed issues like the incorrect use of the description line causes issues for users. As it as now, the mod will create a unique real feel entry for every single skin, essentially resetting the feedback each time a unique skin is used (without the user being notified). If I edit the .veh myself to correct this thats's fine for offline play but I'll get mismatches online. So we kinda need mod publishers to listen to valid feedback so we don't have multiple incompatible versions of the same mod.

Part of being a creator is accepting criticism and using it to improve, and also developing the ability to filter out the good from the bad. Which makes your post stranger because the original publisher seems to be taking feedback onboard and addressing it to the best of his ability.

With respect, let's also not try to kill constructive criticism or helpful tips and pointers to make mods better for everybody. Out of all the threads you could've picked to highlight how the community is 'spoilt', this one seems bizarre.

Lorencini, in particular, has made some great feedback that not only points out a couple of fixable issues; but how to go about correcting them.

With the way the game is set up unaddressed issues like the incorrect use of the description line causes issues for users. As it as now, the mod will create a unique real feel entry for every single skin, essentially resetting the feedback each time a unique skin is used (without the user being notified). If I edit the .veh myself to correct this thats's fine for offline play but I'll get mismatches online. So we kinda need mod publishers to listen to valid feedback so we don't have multiple incompatible versions of the same mod.

Part of being a creator is accepting criticism and using it to improve, and also developing the ability to filter out the good from the bad. Which makes your post stranger because the original publisher seems to be taking feedback onboard and addressing it to the best of his ability.
With respect, this isn't the only mod I see this kinda of attitude and I suppose it was the straw that broke the camels back. It is obviously a port so what were people expecting? My criticism wasn't at Lorencini, it was the past before. People need to gain some perspective though when things are released that those people have lives and are just trying to add to the community the best they can with what meagre time they have. You then read a huge laundry list of, this is not good, this should of been included, that's not right etc etc

Criticism yes, but not long lists. I think that's slightly rude. We're people releasing stuff for a community, not indentured slaves. It just struck me as coming off very rude and ungrateful, and tbh the racing community has been turning me further and further off as time goes on, hence why I spend less and less time online years days... It's fine. We disagree, you think it's fine, I don't. We can disagree.

Found a few more minor issues (and included a video! Neat!).
-Truck physics might need a little more work. When they go upside down, the game seems unsure what to do with them. Probably just a couple bugs in the code, but then again I'm not a modder so I can't say for sure. (See video)

- While trucks near you sound fine, drivers far away seem to have issues with their sound effects. I don't really know what could cause that, and I'm not even sure if this is limited to the NASCAR mod. I figured I'd point it out, just in case. (See video.)

Video:

(Reason for crash: I was caught off guard when the truck in front did a brake check. I probably had the AI difficult set too low, as they normally don't do that!)

Again, I'll keep you posted if I find anything else wrong.

Cheers!

[...]Criticism yes, but not long lists. I think that's slightly rude. We're people releasing stuff for a community, not indentured slaves. It just struck me as coming off very rude and ungrateful, and tbh the racing community has been turning me further and further off as time goes on, hence why I spend less and less time online years days...[...]

Did I come off as rude? Because if I did I apologize about that. I sometimes have a tendency to work things poorly; I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think I may have possibly wrote something wrong.

Rude... no one seemed rude to me! But thank you Dethrone1427!

This mod is made for me to enjoy and share to all.. so helpful criticism is nice, but frankly somewhat useless now since this should be the final (unless there was an issue that arose during the packing/new directory/names prcoess...etc)

Thank you to those who shared the opinions!!
This version has several tweaks, some of which was suggested by you all.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I will!

First of all, I LOVED this mod. I can't stop racing with these cars! I had two helluva races at Jacarepagua 2005 and Interlagos!
4) About the 'Category' parameter in VEH: There's nothing wrong with it actually but, since it is used to show the vehicle tree in VEHICLES screen, I would suggest that you change from

Category="NASCAR, Toyota" (or Chevy, or Ford)

to

Category="NASCAR Truck Series, Toyota" (or Chevy, or Ford)

NASCAR stockcars of any kind do not have lights
The only lights that you may find (ie. NASCAR Pintys series) are a 'wet weather rear light' that blinks

I did improve the U.I with your suggestions (NASCAR Camping World Trucks)

Hopefully you like the new version!
Thank you for the suggestions.... but this should be the final now

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back