NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2

Other NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 v4.69

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm sorry for being a bit dim here but I don't understand this mod. It all sounds fantastic so I download it then install as per instructions but when I go to race, I don't get real names so I think I may be missing something here. Please advise thank you. When I go into the xml file, I can see the real names in there but they don't show as that in game but???

Last edited:
I'm sorry for being a bit dim here but I don't understand this mod. It all sounds fantastic so I download it then install as per instructions but when I go to race, I don't get real names so I think I may be missing something here. Please advise thank you. When I go into the xml file, I can see the real names in there but they don't show as that in game but???
No problem. For one thing, I just noticed my Overview page stated "extract to AMS2's Automobilista folder" ... AMS2 stands for Automobilsta 2, so the files need to be extracted into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2" folder!

If it's not that issue, extract the compressed .7z file anywhere on your hard drive (or locate the ones you already extracted using 7-Zip and manually cut and paste the whole lot of xml files to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\UserData\CustomAIDrivers" folder

Does this help?

No problem. For one thing, I just noticed my Overview page stated "extract to AMS2's Automobilista folder" ... AMS2 stands for Automobilsta 2, so the files need to be extracted into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2" folder!

If it's not that issue, extract the compressed .7z file anywhere on your hard drive (or locate the ones you already extracted using 7-Zip and manually cut and paste the whole lot of xml files to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\UserData\CustomAIDrivers" folder

Does this help?
Thanks John, this is what I get

Attachments

• PXL_20220704_151104523.jpg
    PXL_20220704_151104523.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 42
Hmm ... I just downloaded the mod from RD and installed it over my old custom AI files to take a look, and the F-Vintage Gen2 names displayed as intended. Does your Custom AI file look like this, with many individual .xml files (NOT a single zipped file)?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 42
Hmm ... I just downloaded the mod from RD and installed it over my old custom AI files to take a look, and the F-Vintage Gen2 names displayed as intended. Does your Custom AI file look like this, with many individual .xml files (NOT a single zipped file)?
I have that but you have xml file but mine say xml document instead. I can see the real names in the xml file but I get what I put in the picture. Very strange. I've just noticed John, yours is in notepad whereas mine is xml. I think I need to have a look at the thread on the Reiza forum about custom AI because I think I should have done something before downloading this file?

Last edited:
Did you use 7-Zip to extract the files? I used WinRar for ages until the guys at VRC Mod Team asked me to use 7-Zip to extract one of their AC mods. I've used it ever since without issue.

I have that but you have xml file but mine say xml document instead. I can see the real names in the xml file but I get what I put in the picture. Very strange. I've just noticed John, yours is in notepad whereas mine is xml. I think I need to have a look at the thread on the Reiza forum about custom AI because I think I should have done something before downloading this file?
Try the uploaded .zip version.

John B. Ellis updated NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Updated GTE & GT3 files

v1.5 includes updated GTE & GT3 files. GTE file has 26/27 real names matched, GT3 has 40/40!

Therefore, the following series with Reiza custom AI (from V1.3.8.1) have matched NAMeS:
  • F-Vintage (both gens)
  • F-Retro (all gens)
  • F-Classic (all gens)
  • M1 Procar
  • Group C
  • Group A
  • GT1
  • GTE
  • GT3
  • DPi
The following series will not have matched AI per se, as NAMeS already includes virtually every real driver who raced vehicles in following classes:

P1, P2, P3, P4...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back