NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2

Other NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 v4.69

Login or Register an account to download this content
no man... maybe I'm a rare breed ( :D) but I'm not an a*hole :x3:
wouldn't leave a bad review. I actually left a good one (Version: 1.03)
I just hope you understand... so many updates, and some of the AI files are made by some other guys too so every time have to figure "do I need to replace this one or not" :cautious:
you know... just a technicality...
but you did a great job, like I sad. thank you once again

if it bothers you, you can just ignore my message anyway :geek:

Last edited:
John B. Ellis updated NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Updated 5 files only: G40Cup, G55Supercup, TSiCup, F-Trainer & F-Trainer Advanced

v1.7 updates 5 files only:

G40Cup
G55Supercup
TSiCup
F-Trainer
F-Trainer Advanced.

On the Overview page, I completed the documention of sources for all series currently available in AMS2.

I apologize for any disruption or confusion from my recent, mutiple updates; on the other hand, this mod is effectively finished until AMS2 1.4.

Hopefully NAMeS, in whole or in part, helps to make AMS2 a more realistic motorsport simulation.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Updated 3 files only: F-Retro Gen3, TSI & F3

NAMeS v1.73 includes the following updates:

1) F3: I happened to notice after spending some time yesterday in AMS2--instead of working on this mod--that Reiza includes a 2017 Formula 3 Brasil Championship. Naturally, I updated the F3 roster to simulate that field of drivers, with Class A appropriately driving the Dallara F309 and Academy drivers in the F301.

2) TIS Cup: Three Indian drivers in the TSI Cup file had the wong nationality; that has been fixed.

3) F-Retro Gen3: All NAMeS now...

One change only: Fixed M1 Procar file for #17/#18 livery change.

Only one update: AMS2's grasp of German orthography took a small step backwards with Reiza's last update, as Weißbier/Petrocelli Racing has been rebranded as WeiBbier/Petrocelli Racing.

On one hand, if you utilize the M1 Procar mod available here at RD; please ignore this update.

On the other hand, if you're a default-skin loyalist, this update will blip Teo Fabi back into the sim for you.

I've been trying to get the Cadillac DPi names and skins to match and they just won't do it. If I leave the skins from RD out for the USA Pack Weathertech cars, my desired names show in a championship creation. But once I put the skins in, the names go back to default and are not recognizable.

Also, is there supposed to be a period between the vr in
Cadillac DPi-V.R #02 for example?

Last edited:
Hi ValH,

AMS2 V1.3.8.3 is now live; I'm sure I have a bit of updating to do. I'll look into it. I know the DPI recently got 5 more skins; just speculation, but something might have changed with latest update.

By the way, which DPi skins are you using? I thought both of those came with their own AI files. Or are you trying to make your own AI file?

Hi ValH,

AMS2 V1.3.8.3 is now live; I'm sure I have a bit of updating to do. I'll look into it. I know the DPI recently got 5 more skins; just speculation, but something might have changed with latest update.

By the way, which DPi skins are you using? I thought both of those came with their own AI files. Or are you trying to make your own AI file?
Thanks for replying.

Im using the cadillac_dpi download from 5/9/22. it comes with skins folder, and cadillac_dpi-vr XML file dated 6/7/21.

I have your latest 1.3.8.3 and it still doesnt get me the names that are current for the series. I have not done anything but change a name or two.

I know you are working hard trying to get us an awesome realism utopia. Thanks for this!

Sorry Im a pain... :)

Four updated files only: Carrera Cup, TSI, GT4, GT5

v1.8 updates these four files in response to latest AMS2 V1.3.8.3: Carrera Cup, TSI, GT4, GT5.

Puma drivers in GT5 stretch back into the marque's history of drivers to fill out the field. Consider it a Goodwood Revival reunion roster that celebrates Puma, if you will. Of course, if I learn of more current Puma GT5 drivers, I can revise the grid in lieu of such information.

Thanks for replying.

Im using the cadillac_dpi download from 5/9/22. it comes with skins folder, and cadillac_dpi-vr XML file dated 6/7/21.

I have your latest 1.3.8.3 and it still doesnt get me the names that are current for the series. I have not done anything but change a name or two.

I know you are working hard trying to get us an awesome realism utopia. Thanks for this!

Sorry Im a pain... :)
No problem. All of the custom AI files in NAMeS v1.8 are designed to work with default Reiza liveries; NAMeS simply replaces Reiza's mostly fictional names with either their real-world counterparts or real-world replacements. Although there are currently 3 NAMeS expansions packs that provide driver names for a few livery packs that lack an AI file, most other mods (i.e., ALL the mods on my No-NAMeS list) are complete livery pack/AI file combos. That is, you let the mod's AI file overwrite my NAMeS file. Otherwise, the mod's custom livery names will be looking for drivers that don't match.

Hope this helps.

Thank you John! your work is exemplary!!

To answer your question on which DPi skins I use; Im using all of the skins from the cadillac_dpi download from 5/9/22.

In addition, I love AMS 2; the road feel and physics is just tops! And being a Corvette Racing fan, I just love to drive the GTE Vette C.8 :thumbsup: and the Cadillac DPi but only after I have rode my Harley for a while!! lol

Last edited:
Thank you John! your work is exemplary!!

To answer your question on which DPi skins I use; Im using all of the skins from the cadillac_dpi download from 5/9/22.

In addition, I love AMS 2; the road feel and physics is just tops! And being a Corvette Racing fan, I just love to drive the GTE Vette C.8 :thumbsup: and the Cadillac DPi but only after I have rode my Harley for a while!! lol
Both the C8.R and DPi are wonderful to drive in AMS2. The DPi at Road America is just intoxicating. I'm only aware of these two DPi mods (either this one or that one) and both come with their own custom AI files to trigger real names. Both sets have nice skins and both have UI pics of the cars in the livery select screen that, to be honest, leave something o be desired. But out on the track--where it counts--either set gets the job done.

Last edited:
hi again.
may I ask, what's with formula USA ?
why am I getting a bunch of generic drivers now, for gen 1, gen 3 and even for gen 2, for MYSELF have done great AI file
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cart-1998-liveries-f-usa-gen2-custom-driver-ai.47052/
I really don't understand
you file has most real drivers names, although I can't see their numbers, just names, team names and country they come from
but in the game it's al generic
replacing them with my file seems like it's all ok again
but gen 1 and gen 2... :(
am I doing something wrong, did your mod requires something else installed, before ?
opening files with notepad - I can't see any AI numbers there, just names. but I also noticed in some other category (like V10 gen 1) just names, no numbers, even wrong team names
<driver livery_name="Scuderia Faenza Girardi #0"><name>Pedro Lamy</name><country>PRT</country></driver><driver livery_name="Scuderia Faenza Girardi #1"><name>Giancarlo Fisichella</name><country>ITA</country></driver><driver livery_name="Fortelli #2"><name>Luca Badoer</name><country>ITA</country></driver><driver livery_name="Fortelli #3"><name>Andrea Montermini</name><country>ITA</country></driver><driver livery_name="Scuderia Forza #4"><name>Michael Schumacher</name><country>DEU</country></driver><driver livery_name="Scuderia Forza #5"><name>Eddie Irvine</name><country>GBR</country></driver>
that's from your F-V10_Gen1.xml file

something's definitely off :redface:
looks like I should back every other AI file I have replaced with your mod
or I'll have to track it, download and replace it all over again :(

hi again.
may I ask, what's with formula USA ?
why am I getting a bunch of generic drivers now, for gen 1, gen 3 and even for gen 2, for MYSELF have done great AI file
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cart-1998-liveries-f-usa-gen2-custom-driver-ai.47052/
I really don't understand
you file has most real drivers names, although I can't see their numbers, just names, team names and country they come from
but in the game it's al generic
replacing them with my file seems like it's all ok again
but gen 1 and gen 2... :(
am I doing something wrong, did your mod requires something else installed, before ?
opening files with notepad - I can't see any AI numbers there, just names. but I also noticed in some other category (like V10 gen 1) just names, no numbers, even wrong team names

that's from your F-V10_Gen1.xml file

something's definitely off :redface:
looks like I should back every other AI file I have replaced with your mod
or I'll have to track it, download and replace it all over again :(
Apologies ... perhaps I should bold the part about NAMeS being the first step in the AMS2 modification process.

1) Install NAMeS. Unlike other custom AI files out there, NAMeS only replaces driver names and nationalities--that's by design--to keep Reiza driver attributes intact. NAMeS replaces 100% of the default names and is designed to work with default Reiza skins.

2) Install any other mods you want, like those from the No-NAMeS list (the CART '98 being an excellent example), and let those mods overwrite any necessary NAMeS files. The only remaining NAMeS files will be those series that currently do not have mods--but at least the driver names will be real.

3) If there is a skinset out there without a custom AI file, that may be covered by one of the NAMeS Expansion packs. Feel free to install any of those, too.

Sorry about any confusion--as well as any incovenience. I'll clarify this issue on the Overview page.

Top work on the CART mod by the way. NAMeS is just here to fill in a few holes until each series gets the total mod treatment it deserves.

Last edited:

NAMeS updated to AMS2 V1.4!

NAMeS v2.0 includes several updated custom AI files to work with AMS2 V1.4:

1) GTOpen includes Ginetta G55 GT4 drivers.
2) Copa Classic B includes MINI Cooper S drivers.
3) CopaTruck includes Vulkan (aka, Volvo) drivers.
4) GT4 includes Mercedes-AMG GT4 drivers.

Numerous Formula Vintage, Classic, Retro, USA, etc. lists are updated to match up with various Reiza livery name changes. These default NAMES lists are not needed by those users who have custom livery packs/AI files for...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years