NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2

Other NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 v4.69

Login or Register an account to download this content
The files were all working yesterday; did Reiza post a hotfix/update on Steam overnight?

Also, many of the lists did not change at all with the V1.4 update, so there is no reason those should still not work—unless Reiza changed something very recently.

Last edited:
Hello John. Thanks for the update. Just one question.
If I delete the contents on folder Automobilista2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers will reset all custom ai and the custom liveries? I intend doing a reset of all my custom liveries

Hello John. Thanks for the update. Just one question.
If I delete the contents on folder Automobilista2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers will reset all custom ai and the custom liveries? I intend doing a reset of all my custom liveries
Deleting all contents in the CustomAIDrivers folder will simply reset AMS2 to all of its default drivers. Deleting all individual custom livery files within the Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries folder will reset AMS2 to all of its default liveries.

John B. Ellis updated NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Futureproof AMS2: GT1 Low Downforce file added

Just to be cheeky, NAMeS v2.2b includes a Low Downforce file for the GT1 class. This feature is not available within AMS2--yet--but this file will automatically ensure real names with low downforce GT1 cars when Reiza activates this update. Until then, this little rascal will just sit in the CustomAIDrivers folder and do nothing. Download and install at your leisure...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
John B. Ellis updated NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Various Nationalities fixed

Although I could swear that I had addressed this particular issue last weekend before uploading v2.0, there seems that various Danish drivers were tagged with a DEN, rather than the correct DNK, nationality code within several files. Anyway, this has been fixed in the following files:

GroupA
GT1
GT4
GT5
Formula Trainer
Formula Trainer Advanced

I apologize for any inconvenience; sadly, I can do nothing on my end to rectify how the Formula Trainers still drive in AMS2.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Howdy John, I'm back bc 1.4 update has broken my xml files. I can no longer control the number of cars or the type of car l want in my Weathertech championships. l have checked all files and none of my previous work on DPi and GTE names and attributes was changed. Any suggestions?
Honestly, there are several other modders who contribute to the custom-AI thread over at the Reiza forums who could probably help sort it out, or it might be a custom championship issue. Either way, I suggest posting one of your problem AI files over there; I've always been stunned by how quickly such issues are resolved by the community. In this case, what's trial-and-error for me is second nature to others.

Last edited:
Dude, first of all: Thank you! Second: Where can I donate you a beer? Third: Is there a chance of getting all the correspondant liveries to your drivers list as an all in one package? I would literally pay for it just to make sure that everything is working well.

Honestly, there are several other modders who contribute to the custom-AI thread over at the Reiza forums who could probably help sort it out, or it might be a custom championship issue. Either way, I suggest posting one of your problem AI files over there; I've always been stunned by how quickly such issues are resolved by the community. In this case, what's trial-and-error for me is second nature to others.
Thank you so much John! I will go back over and check with REIZA. I always keep in mind that AMS2 is still a WIP and the patience of a chessmaster is needed at this point.
Thanks again!

but I already have (a pretty big) drivers list for Group C in my folder
not sure from where did I get it thou :unsure:
a file size is much bigger than yours
and drivers details have much more lines

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<custom_ai_drivers>
<driver livery_name="Porsche AG Rothmans #1">
<name>Jacky Ickx</name>
<country>BEL</country>
<race_skill>0.89</race_skill>
<qualifying_skill>0.88</qualifying_skill>
<aggression>0.68</aggression>
<defending>0.36</defending>
<stamina>0.68</stamina>
<consistency>0.90</consistency>
<start_reactions>0.63</start_reactions>
<wet_skills>0.73</wet_skills>
<tyre_management>0.78</tyre_management>
<blue_flag_conceding>0.83</blue_flag_conceding>
<weather_tyre_changes>0.82</weather_tyre_changes>
</driver>
<driver livery_name="Porsche AG Rothmans #2">
<name>Derek Bell</name>
<country>GBR</country>
<race_skill>0.89</race_skill>
<qualifying_skill>0.88</qualifying_skill>
<aggression>0.66</aggression>
<defending>0.68</defending>
<stamina>0.62</stamina>
<consistency>0.80</consistency>
<start_reactions>0.49</start_reactions>
<wet_skills>0.67</wet_skills>
<tyre_management>0.98</tyre_management>
<blue_flag_conceding>0.11</blue_flag_conceding>
<weather_tyre_changes>0.69</weather_tyre_changes>
</driver>
those are just first two drivers, cause I can't post it in full, site limitation.
but the size is 28.8kb and your is just 3.79.

Last edited:
but I already have (a pretty big) drivers list for Group C in my folder
not sure from where did I get it thou :unsure:
a file size is much bigger than yours
and drivers details have much more lines

those are just first two drivers, cause I can't post it in full, site limitation.
but the size is 28.8kb and your is just 3.79.
From their inception, NAMeS files have only included driver names and nationalities, as they are designed to replace all fictional names in AMS2 with their real-world counterparts. Individual driver performance attributes are left out of NAMeS files and utilize original, default performance attributes as provided by Reiza. There are plenty of other custom-AI files out there, but they typically are used with custom liverysets to replicate historical differences between drivers in a given season, swap individual drivers for specific races, etc. Such files contain much more information than NAMeS files.

For the time being, you may want to consider using JSGME to help activate and keep track of various mods in AMS2. It can be used in any sim, including AMS2.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years