Multiplayer Postponed

If for whatever reason the MP will be released during the weekend I'd like to opt for an open server first on Saturday and Sunday and then continue with the racing club schedule as posted in the calendar for next week.

In case this postponement might take a bit longer than we have to reschedule some planned events and put them a week back.

Personally, I'd rather have Kunos hold back the build and get it right before release, can you imagine the AC communities attitude if they had released it buggy, the AC forums & facebook pages would of crash for peeps complaining and abusing Kunos for the bugged release, cant please everyone I'm afraid. Besides it only takes a small piece of code to be wrong to crash a program/game, so be patient, after all we've all waited this long, a few more hours/days wont hurt. Then at least there will be no bugs and we can all get on with our favorite hobby stress free ;):thumbsup:

Then at least there will be no bugs and we can all get on with our favorite hobby stress free ;):thumbsup:

- I want the same drug you are having for dreaming the impossible. ;)

- Bugs....there is no stinking bugs in this game
- Its not a bug but a feature
- Aerosmith: "Dream on, dream on, dream on,
Dream until your dream come true".
- John Lennon : " I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one".

Blazing Saddles got it almost right but the actor had problem saying patches.
:);):inlove:

- I want the same drug you are having for dreaming the impossible. ;)

- Bugs....there is no stinking bugs in this game
- Its not a bug but a feature

No drugs Jari, just lots of positive thinking, there's no such thing as impossible in my mind, anything is possible if you believe in it and work hard to achieve it, flying to the moon was considered impossible once and look at them now, one way trips to mars coming soon.:alien::alien::alien::alien:

As far as the BUGS are concerned, I know there's not bugs, it's just a term that most people understand that's been associated with gaming developement over the years, lol.:laugh::D;)

So... MP coming today?

I really thought it is already done and they only shifted their release one week later because of the holiday day and not good server provider support over these days. I thought okay it sounds plausible just wait another week.

And now suddenly a critical bug appeared which let not them release the MP?!!??!

Personally, I'd rather have Kunos hold back the build and get it right before release, can you imagine the AC communities attitude if they had released it buggy, the AC forums & facebook pages would of crash for peeps complaining and abusing Kunos for the bugged release, cant please everyone I'm afraid. Besides it only takes a small piece of code to be wrong to crash a program/game, so be patient, after all we've all waited this long, a few more hours/days wont hurt. Then at least there will be no bugs and we can all get on with our favorite hobby stress free ;):thumbsup:

I agree with what you're saying but they shouldn't fear what the community would say. We all bought a pre-release. Alpha, Beta, call it what you like and we all know what we have in our hands, unfinished work. It's games like BF4 that make me annoyed! Clearly rushed out games that are clearly unfinished but packaged and sold as a complete game. Not the case with AC.

Oh and another thing: Why don't they just release the MP WITH broken SP and patch it when they have eliminated the bug? I don't think anyone is much interested in SP for some days when MP is released.
Not everyone is able to/will be using MP at all. And they've also said that they share files. So if they launch, a lot of people will be very upset and stuck with a broken patch.

8:00 GMT

From twitter:

Jani Kankaanpää- Today?

Stefano Casillo- I don't know, we're working on it.. Still some things that doesn't make us happy.

Marco, when asked if they were going to wait for next Friday, also said on his FB that they want to launch within the weekend. And that more than anyone, they want to have it out there.

I'm staying optimistic.

So... MP coming today?

I really thought it is already done and they only shifted their release one week later because of the holiday day and not good server provider support over these days. I thought okay it sounds plausible just wait another week.

And now suddenly a critical bug appeared which let not them release the MP?!!??!

With the extra week they obviously decided to work on it further and somewhere along the line it introduced more problems. It's really not that difficult to understand. They never said it was "done" They had an initial version that they thought they could release. When we get this first MP build it will still be far from "done"

This is just the first version of multiplayer, they have already said it wont have all the features then want. It's early access. A beta.

This is how software development works.
a1et.jpg

Last edited:

I don't know where people get that it was done last week (hint: stuff like this is never done).

They clearly said: "we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May."

Sure I would have liked it if they missed a "boring" bugfix release and not MP after delaying an update but these things usually happen at the worst possible time...

This is how software development works.
a1et.jpg

This pretty much ended my interest into coding with Basic back in the 80's. There was this magazine called Mikrobitti (Microbit)here in Finland and it had quite a lenghty code of Basic to make a simple game in every issue. After typing for a week with my Oric and it's horrible keyboard and then another week for fixing errors I just gave up. Never got a single game to work. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back