AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Thomson Road, Wednesday 19th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

IMPORTANT: The Thomson Road track isn't available on S.GP so we can't use it for signing up. It has to be done the 'old' way by posting here.
There are only 24 slots available for this circuit. If more drivers sign up, they will be put on a reserve list in case others drop out.

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. Are you ready for 40 minutes of total concentration racing?
Then post here to sign up with your choice of car!

Now the Monaco track has a bug, we're going to Singapore's beautiful circuit in the middle of the jungle. It's a masterpiece of @Fat-Alfie and very enjoyable to drive. Watch out for the jump in the middle of the straight and especially the deadly lampost behind it.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

e8148954552c2efc9b98d4d215cae069.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Thomson Road
  • Track Temps: 32C air/44C track
    Track Condition: Clear
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 10 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification 20min (10min TT, 10min MX5)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
IMPORTANT: Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #04
  • Race Server: #05
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

See you on track!

Entry list:
@HF2000 - class with fewest participants
@edo22 - TT
@Shed 17 - TT
@PfzFantaribo - TT
@JamKart22 - TT
@640er - TT
@spitzanu - MX5
@Dzul - MX5
@VinillaIce82 - MX5
@hape - MX5

@treogat MX5
@Chris Down - TT
@Kek700 - TT

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Do I want to get hit by a Audi whos trying to pass me or do I want to push a Mazda off track which I'm trying to pass? :D

I'll take the Audi pls

I'm going to try both cars this weekend and pick one sunday... something tells me the Mazda will be more fun though... :D

MX5 pls
thx Han
Btw. we had some nice battles Wednesday. I watched the replay and I'm not sure if my overtake in Mutkurve where we collided was entirely your fault (you waited for me so I guess you think so). At that moment I thought it was and yes I left room on the inside for you but only marginally. Seeing the replay I think I could have kept a bit more on the outside. At my defense, it's probably the fastest turn of the track and hard to judge how to take it if you're not on the ideal raceline.

Btw. we had some nice battles Wednesday. I watched the replay and I'm not sure if my overtake in Mutkurve where we collided was entirely your fault (you waited for me so I guess you think so). At that moment I thought it was and yes I left room on the inside for you but only marginally. Seeing the replay I think I could have kept a bit more on the outside. At my defense, it's probably the fastest turn of the track and hard to judge how to take it if you're not on the ideal raceline.
no problem its very hard to overtake on Nordschleife. In virtual for me it seems to be harder as in real life especially with the MX5. But i have not enough fuel so my race was not to be finished. I think yes between us it was a nice battle and yes i wish we didn't have the collision.
So after that i thought it was a race incident it we both tried our best to avoid that but sometimes its very hard. This battles with fair oponents make the virtual racing interesting. That sometimes something went wrong and both are not hating each other makes the thing even better :)
thx for your wise words
hape

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'd like to post this here because over on hardware they aren't answering:

I'm thinking of replacing my G25 as the H-shifter is kaput. Everything else still works, so I may hang on to it a bit longer, but I'm wondering if I should replace it with Thrustmaster wheel, and what the opinion is. Currently looking at

Thrustmaster VG TMX PRO Racing Wheel​

Thrustmaster T300 RS​

I don't want to spend too much, and hope I can get one on sale. Something equal to or better than G25 would be good enough. I can't afford the serious stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi guys. I'd like to post this here because over on hardware they aren't answering:

I'm thinking of replacing my G25 as the H-shifter is kaput. Everything else still works, so I may hang on to it a bit longer, but I'm wondering if I should replace it with Thrustmaster wheel, and what the opinion is. Currently looking at

Thrustmaster T300 RS​

I don't want to spend too much, and hope I can get one on sale. Something equal to or better than G25 would be good enough. I can't afford the serious stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions?
T300 is a decent wheel. I'm using it since I upgraded from my Driving Force GT and I think the same goes for @Chris Down . If it's in your price range go for it. It's defenitly a step forward coming from the G25. Have you seen the new Fanatec DD wheel which got released recently? Has an interesting price tag

Thrustmaster T300 RS​

Perhaps you should wait for the new Fanatec CSL direct drive wheel, which will be replacing their belt driven 'lower end' wheel offerings and bring you into DD market at entry level prices. Just stick with your current setup and get a nice H shifter like the SHH Newt (£98) or the many diy 3D printed ones if budget is a concern.

T300 is a decent wheel. I'm using it since I upgraded from my Driving Force GT and I think the same goes for @Chris Down . If it's in your price range go for it. It's defenitly a step forward coming from the G25. Have you seen the new Fanatec DD wheel which got released recently? Has an interesting price tag
Good memory! Yes, I used to use DFGT and have now used a T300 for the last couple of years. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 55 28.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 36 18.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 40 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.6%