AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Thomson Road, Wednesday 19th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@HF2000 I have to withdraw from the race tonight as well, please un-sign me Han. Gotta work tonight to make a deadline for tomorrow... :cry: I hope someone else picks up the mantle of bringing up the rear with pride and joy. :x3: Have a great race chaps and see you on the next one!

I don't mind Thompson road, but I still don't understand why Monaco got ditched. Anyway, for GT3, I wasn't diggin' it, even though I managed to do some quick laps, it just felt like I'd have to be sweating too much to race there. Maybe in future?

Sorry to not be there Han, still stuck at work. Meant to tell you earlier but barely got a moment in today. Hope you folks have fun :)
There weren't many participants sadly but those that were there had a great event with battles throughout the race!

I hope that you can join next week. With these cars and a full grid it can be an epic event!

How to convert pole position into a one man deforestation of the tropical jungle in forty minutes............

Well that was eventful, Colin, I’m not sure you needed to wait for me as I think the the coming together at the kink/jump on the main straight was one of those things, I think you had a nose in front of me but things all got a bit tight with Ernie on the outside, but thank you anyway and also for waiting when I went off into the foliage the third time! It was good to race with you and apologies if I did anything a bit over enthusiastic.

My attempt to pass Andreas on lap two at the kink proved that my ambition outweighed my talent ( I’ll put it down to my age) but I was happy to provide some entertainment for the following cars, even if it looked a bit scary.
Luckily the lamp posts seemed to be more flexible in the race and Colin and me did have a race after Andreas and Ernie went off into the distance after my second lap aerobatics. Before that the race was looking good when all four of the Audi’s closed up to within a couple of seconds.

Well done to Ernie and Han for their wins, I could see Andreas and Ernie were running very close and thanks for organising Han, I enjoyed my first race here even if I spent more time off road than on.
See you next time.

Quality > Quantity
You don't need many drivers, just at least one who's constantly on your tail waiting for that one mistake ;)

Had a good start, think I took @Shed 17 by surprise and from T1 on, I was constantly defending. Of course it was @Kek700 my dear friend who was behind me (until he took the lead :/). Great fun as always batteling with you. Which tyres did you use? I went for mediums and I do regret it. Got slower and slower due to lack of front grip while you where getting faster with every lap. Penultimate lap, we went side by side into "the jump", me on the inside, and I chickend out, lifted a bit and got a little slide at the landing. That made me lose those ~5km/h which gave him the edge on the rundown into the chicane. Side by side through the chicane and then he was at the inside leaving me no chance :thumbsup: Congrats and thanks Han for organizing.

Last edited:
Didn't hold out much hope of a fun race with only four TTs but had a great battle at the start with all four of us only seconds apart.

A high speed crash over the hump saw the group split in two but still had a great race battling with Paul for 30 mins.

I finished last of the group but the result wasn't important as I had a blast.

Thanks Han for organising. Let's hope the GT3 event is well populated as this is a fun track.

Last edited:
I had many laps to watch for a mistake Andreas, I am sure my car was working better than yours, noticed it was less understeery and had better grip, mediums.
Wanted an easy pass, eventually, that obviously was not going to happen. I had saved all my P2P till the end, once I got past, if.
I knew it was going to be very tough, but the old P2P came in handy to try and get a comfortable gap.

Yes, it was a real shame that we lost both Colin and Paul, which made me very conscious that I would have been swallowed up by them both if I had gone for a risky overtake.:O_o:
The aerobatics made a great spectacle though. :D :D :D :D
Where was everyone?:O_o:
Cheers Han for the organisation.:)

Last edited:
Looks like I missed a good one... with aerobatics and treemowing! :laugh:
Any clues to where we are heading next week? Mugello perhaps? :D

Last edited:
Had some decent first few laps. Did an overtake and was overtaken back, which was pretty fun, but I just don't have the consistency and I still don't trust my car setup. Eventually I started losing at least a second to the other 2 Mazdas in each of the 2 hairpins. I don't understand if I'm being dumb on the brakes or my set up is just all wrong. The car kept drifting especially in the trail braking portion before the hairpin.

Anyway, about 15 mins in I finally crashed and was left in the dust. Then I pressed the wrong button on my steering wheel and teleported myself to the pits. I wasn't having a good time at all so I quit and did a race against the AI at Donington to clear my mind. I love that circuit, it has everything.

So yeah, I just didn't really enjoy this one. I've put about 3 hours of practice in before the race and mingled with the setup of the car. I had a very stable, but quite understeery set up in the previous few races, which was no good for this circuit because of the high speed turns. So I did my best to make it better, but was still the slowest car.

Last edited:
New event for next week! Monaco had a bug and for Baku there's no good mod so this time a unique spectacular city street circuit with good overtake opportunities!

Last edited:
Had some decent first few laps. Did an overtake and was overtaken back, which was pretty fun, but I just don't have the consistency and I still don't trust my car setup. Eventually I started losing at least a second to the other 2 Mazdas in each of the 2 hairpins. I don't understand if I'm being dumb on the brakes or my set up is just all wrong. The car kept drifting especially in the trail braking portion before the hairpin.
Maybe try the hairpin with less trail braking and by taking it slower but in a way that you can go on the throttle earlier. Taking speed through a corner is very important in the Mazda but with a hairpin your speed reduces so much that it becomes more important to bring forward the moment you can go full on the throttle. It worked for me but I'm not really a frontrunner.

New event for next week! Monaco had a bug and for Baku there's no good mod so this time a unique spectacular city street circuit with good overtake opportunities!

aw man, you gotta love Assetto Corsa and its mods!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back