AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Sebring, Wednesday 8th December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I did manage to catch a couple up though and might have finished 1 place further up if I hadn't run out of fuel in the final turn!
I hear you ;)

on the the fun race part but also on the fuel part.
I miscalculated severly and if I hadn´t put another two liters because the fuel load discussion pre start made me nervous I would have crossed the line with about 0.2 liters left :redface:

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Wow, guys, just wow. I know always say "Great race" but this time it was an absolute banger from start to finish. Hands down, one of the best races I've had with this group of lads. :D

Made it into the server in time for quali but that made zero difference as I was teleported into the pits at the start. Not sure where I messed up but I wasn't too happy. Left the pits and was surprised to see the MX5 field still in the first two corners. I made the most of it and found myself behind the battle for P4 consisting of @Fiberoptix @Douglas Aird and Raul. Kept the pace and let things play out as I had a feeling mistakes would be made within a battle like that. Sure enough, a couple of laps later and it was just Fabiano and I fighting for the 'best of the rest' and they were keeping the pressure on.

I'll admit I was a bit enthusiastic crossing the line as I thought I had finally got a podium. :inlove::redface: Ah well, P4 is my best finish so far, especially with such a large group, so it is still deserving of some celebration.

Thanks for organizing @HF2000 and congrats to the real podium winners!

Cheers guys! See you at the next one! :cool:

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the race even though I didn't quite get on with the track.

I was one of the ones fighting back through after T1. I had some good clean fights and caught up to Raul and Fabiano. Eventually I squeezed past Raul and got on the back of Fabiano. We exchanged the place a couple of times but eventually we had a bump in T1. I went up the inside but couldn't quite hold the line and ended up with side on contact with knocked me back. Thankfully I don't think that Fabiano was compromised.

After that a couple of scrappy last corners slid me back down the order.

Thanks for the race and congratulations to the podiums.

My PC couldn't cope with so many cars on this track. I'm curious what processors you are all running so I know what to look for in a replacement PC.

I have an i5-6600 and a GTX 1070. I had a lot of stuttering and dropped frames during the race (ping 130ish). I race in VR (Oculus 2) so I'm unsure if it is my CPU or bad VR settings.

My PC couldn't cope with so many cars on this track. I'm curious what processors you are all running so I know what to look for in a replacement PC.
CPU, CPU, CPU. Some RAM and any gpu really, depending on your resolution.
For cpu, you want more than 4 cores and the highest single core performance you can find.

An important thing to know: the more expensive CPUs within a generation with more cores barely give you any performance for our most used simracing titles.
You get a bit more performance due to the higher clockspeeds and a slightly bigger cache.
But it's absolutely NOT proportional to the costs!

So the sweetspot since a few years are the 6 core CPUs with higher performance.
AMD 3600 or 5600x. 5600x is a class ahead. Quite a massive difference to the 3600.
1600 and 2600 have not enough single core performance for intense simracing.

With Intel, the 7xxx series was the last one with only 4 cores.
8th gen to 10th gen was basically identical in single core performance, the 11th gen was a new architecture but has some issues with some games and basically should be avoided.
12th gen is expensive and superb.

In short, if Intel, either get a 8600k/9600k/10600k/12600k.

My recommendation would be an amd 5600x though.
It's on par with the 11600k if the Intel works and is a lot better if the Intel doesn't work.
I've put it into 3 builds for friends and they are all very cool, efficient, massive in performance!

Slap some cheap DDR4 3200 or 3600 CL16 at it and be happy. Depending on current price fluctuations, the sweetspot varies.

With motherboards: the cheapest, good motherboards with lots of usb for us simracers are:
Gigabyte gaming x for Intel and for the 5600x I'd recommend the:
Msi mpg B550 gaming plus.

Here in Germany that would be 250€ for the 5600x, 50-65€ for 16gb ram, 110€ for the motherboard.

Use your current gpu, case etc.
A cooler is bundled with the cpu and that's OK.. If you want a silent and a lot better cooler, get the be quiet pure rock 2.

Lots of tutorials out there how to build a pc if you never did it.
Basically all things only fit where they should.

Mount the motherboard first (with ALL screwholes supported) and then you can put pressure on it when putting in the ram sticks, gpu and cables.

What resolution/monitor do you use currently and what's your current cpu and gpu?
I sadly forgot, sorry :)

Last edited:
I'll admit I was a bit enthusiastic crossing the line as I thought I had finally got a podium. :inlove::redface: Ah well, P4 is my best finish so far, especially with such a large group, so it is still deserving of some celebration.
Sorry to disappoint ;) and that I snatched P3 from you

( Äh, well, not really, :roflmao:.
Seems that I came up on top of most of the "Adventure Starts" we had over time, but I need that unfair advantage to get somewhere :redface:)

And also I´m trained in evasive manouvres, come with my day job :cool:

Well Han, where´s the next adventure drive going to take place??

MFG Carsten

A potato i5-2500K overclocked, 16gb ram and a RX580. I had the CPU occupancy warning too this race, the track definitely felt a bit more resource intensive too.
Yeah I had a 2600k until May 2020.
Thanks to the 4 virtual ht cores I never got the cpu occupancy warning, but I had some massive fps drops in quite too many situations...
The rx580 is probably still OK for AC!

Sadly you can't re-use the ddr3 ram if you upgrade the cpu :(

Sorry to disappoint ;) and that I snatched P3 from you

( Äh, well, not really, :roflmao:.
Seems that I came up on top of most of the "Adventure Starts" we had over time, but I need that unfair advantage to get somewhere :redface:)

And also I´m trained in evasive manouvres, come with my day job :cool:

Well Han, where´s the next adventure drive going to take place??

MFG Carsten
Well Carsten, next week we have two great adventures: on Tuesday a very interesting clash of 5 different BMW's. A must for every German and for everyone who want to have fun AND a challenge. Please sign up asap, that will attract others.
And on Wednesday we have the big final of the @Fat-Alfie Championship on Fonteny!
And

Last edited:
Han,

my BMW days are over (ok, let´s not talk about company cars),
I´m driving a rather old school Toyota now.
Hate it when a car needs to boot up, when you have to check the dash if the parking brake is activated and let´s not start about downsizing engines :mad:.

And about Fonteny, äh ja, I´m afraid I´m procrastinating on that one :redface:

I think I already managed three laps without offroading.
Good thing I´m offwork, maybe I´ll manage some better control there......

MFG Carsten

I concur with all on the fact that we had a hell of a race!! :roflmao: It was great fun guys!

I can't recall a single lonely lap... I had to be always watching out for the cars ahead of, next to and/or behind me. My qualy was utter misery due to off-tracks and traffic so I started at the back, but I had a really good start making up 4,5 places... I did put myself in a hard spot, sandwitched by two green Mazdas. I came out barely in control of the car and lost places but that helped me by not putting me in the middle of that massive spin-off mayhem at turn 3-4 which I managed to dodge, luckily.

After that I got into a rhythm and had a great scrap with @Douglas Aird and @FabianoRL until a bad exit put two of my wheels on the grass and I couldn't hold the car straight, spinning out into the barriers. Had lost two places already when I got back on track and got to work on catching up with @Shed 17 but he had a strong pace. Traffic got quite intense, especially on the last laps when the Audis came in fighting droves... allowing them safe passage was a puzzle but I managed, yet at the expense of time, which allowed @HF2000 to catch up and eventually make a pass taking advantage of the Audi mayhem that abated us. But I ended up at a spot I thought agreeable with my pace and that of others so... I'm happy with the result. :coffee:

Congratulations to @Chris Down and @a_murel on the wins. :thumbsup: And to all the 'newcomers' and 'returners' for joining this group, thanks lads, you made the race even more fun! Hope to see everyone again soon. Have a good day chaps and 'til the next one!

P.S. It was very entertaining listening to that live Audi workshop Frank got from Sander, haha! :D

Oh, and regarding my specs @JamKart22 , check my signature below. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Guys

It was a good race and very good to see there were so many competitors on the track!

I had a good start in practice, went under the 27's with an 1.26.8 and even in qually i did a 1.26.9.

So the start of the trace was okay but had to avoid Colin in the audi who had a mega laggggg and came next by Allan who had a better start than me, i forced Allen to the left side by side going into the first corner, but then I realised he coudn't go anywhere but into me, so also a bit my own fault. But we could carry on luckily!

The second corner was a carnage! I was a bit lucky and came out 2nd after Carsten and desided to just take it easy from there controlling my pace. Although it was very hard to overtake on this track because of the mid-speed corners I had a good battle with Cartsen, I was in his mirrors all the time, but I think he didnt like my paint job so at one point he let me pass.

From there I could control the race, although Allan was fighting back I managed to keep him at a reasonable distance and stay out of trouble.

Thanx Han for organizing!

Awesome to read all your stories about the race! We'll probably move to the new apartment on the 18th so I hope to be able to race the Christmas specials with you :) :inlove:

When driving back and forth between the apartments, I wrote this post in my head, so you're gonna have to read it, sorry :D

For any questions regarding CPUs, look at these benchmarks on purepc.pl. Google auto-translation to English works fine, the benchmarks are in English anyway.
They are probably the only site who test ACC (which is a bit more ram sensitive than AC but overall behaves very identical to AC when you have 6 cores minimum).

Older CPUs, Ryzen 1xxx and Intel 8th gen included:

To then compare the performance to current CPUs by looking at the Ryzen 3xxx and Intel 10th gen in this one:

Clicking on the bars in the charts will make that bar = 100% to see performance relations in % :)

A few examples: (all overclocked to see the potential if you'd spend a little time reading a guide and copying settings):
  • Ryzen 1600x = 100%
  • Ryzen 2600 = 106.2%
  • Intel 9400f (2.9-4.1 GHz) = 123.24%
  • Ryzen 3600 = 128.84%
  • Intel 9600k = 140.25%
  • Intel 10600k = 141.49%
Now making the 3600 = 100%:
  • Ryzen 3600 = 100%
  • Intel 10600k = 108.33%
  • Ryzen 5600x = 123.41%
  • Ryzen 5800x (2 cores more) = 125.99%
  • Intel 11900k = 129.76%
  • Intel 12600k = 139.29% (ddr4)
As you can see more cores only bring a few percent but will cost a LOT more.
5600x = 259€
5800x = 359€
12600k = 300€
12700k = 420€

Meanwhile the generational leaps are a lot bigger from 10th gen to 12th gen or from 3xxx to 5xxx:
Ryzen 3600 = 225€
Intel 10600k = 225€

I guess I should copy this post to post it in a more appropriate thread when the question comes up again :roflmao:

CPU, CPU, CPU. Some RAM and any gpu really, depending on your resolution.
For cpu, you want more than 4 cores and the highest single core performance you can find.

An important thing to know: the more expensive CPUs within a generation with more cores barely give you any performance for our most used simracing titles.
You get a bit more performance due to the higher clockspeeds and a slightly bigger cache.
But it's absolutely NOT proportional to the costs!

So the sweetspot since a few years are the 6 core CPUs with higher performance.
AMD 3600 or 5600x. 5600x is a class ahead. Quite a massive difference to the 3600.
1600 and 2600 have not enough single core performance for intense simracing.

With Intel, the 7xxx series was the last one with only 4 cores.
8th gen to 10th gen was basically identical in single core performance, the 11th gen was a new architecture but has some issues with some games and basically should be avoided.
12th gen is expensive and superb.

In short, if Intel, either get a 8600k/9600k/10600k/12600k.

My recommendation would be an amd 5600x though.
It's on par with the 11600k if the Intel works and is a lot better if the Intel doesn't work.
I've put it into 3 builds for friends and they are all very cool, efficient, massive in performance!

Slap some cheap DDR4 3200 or 3600 CL16 at it and be happy. Depending on current price fluctuations, the sweetspot varies.

With motherboards: the cheapest, good motherboards with lots of usb for us simracers are:
Gigabyte gaming x for Intel and for the 5600x I'd recommend the:
Msi mpg B550 gaming plus.

Here in Germany that would be 250€ for the 5600x, 50-65€ for 16gb ram, 110€ for the motherboard.

Use your current gpu, case etc.
A cooler is bundled with the cpu and that's OK.. If you want a silent and a lot better cooler, get the be quiet pure rock 2.

Lots of tutorials out there how to build a pc if you never did it.
Basically all things only fit where they should.

Mount the motherboard first (with ALL screwholes supported) and then you can put pressure on it when putting in the ram sticks, gpu and cables.

What resolution/monitor do you use currently and what's your current cpu and gpu?
I sadly forgot, sorry :)
I have i5-6400 2.70GHz, GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb, 16 Gb RAM. 1Tb SSD. It's all housed in a small Dell case so no chance of slipping in a new motherboard.

I can run less than 15 opponents on Sebring without constantly seeing the 99% CPU messages - so 25 opponents was a non starters. I guess I should check beforehand to see how many have signed up.

Interestingly I can run with 18 opponents on Silverstone GP circuit before hitting my limit.

If the CPU was improved would the GPU be good enough for a while or does that also need upgrading?

I'm running 3 x 1920x1080 monitors at 60Hz.

Having just bought ACC to try out it would be good if any future upgrades allowed me to switch on some of the eye candy in that too :)

Simple race , got caught by the high Ping Audi, that was a gap to the front five.
I could maintain the gap reasonably, but it was always going negative, unfortunately.
Then Marko got clobbered , I think, could have probably kept him at bay for the rest of the race with the gap I had, but an unfortunate run of Mazda’s sorted that and left him behind, only to get by.
I hung on for some laps, but it took more than I was capable of, eventually with Marko gaining a gap.
Then Neil decided to throw himself off the circuit, I had a real hoot trying to sort myself around a Mazda and sort as quick as I could a path around Neil; I was very lucky to get a pass, otherwise I could not have caught him.
Mix of good and bad fortune, did not deserve my place, but that is how it goes in racing.
A great race in that my steering wheel was totally confused by the bumps in a very unreal staccato way, got used to it, trying my wheel out on another circuit made me think that the developer ( thought my wheel had busted itself ) must have had a few melt downs with this circuit.
Or is it really like this.
Great event @HF2000 Han, full field , you could ask for no more. :)

This was really fun and you all made it happen by showing up in such large numbers. Full grids are the best.
I had a decent qually with 3rd but at the start I got teleported to the pits with a 20 second penalty :confused: ???? I really don't have a clue what happened but it was clear that I could forget the podium now. Dead last I started my (usual) catch up and overtake game which can be fun also. In the first lap I passed Tony and David because they went off track and started closing the gap of about 22sec to the next Mazda. Underway I had great battles with Ive, Wim, Raul and especially Taj who somehow found extra speed when he was behind me. But in the middle of a battle with three other Mazda's an Audi came into the inside of T1 with a Mazda on the other side. Of course we couldn't go 3-wide there where it narrows and I was the unfortunate one to go off and losing about 10s.

At the end I had a nice battle with Paul for 6th place and I thought he had won that but there was another lap to go in which I managed to overtake him. So great race and lots of action and fun.
Congrats to the podium and thanks all for joining.
Wim and Ive (I hope you will read this): it was great to have you. You did very well with clean racing as we like it!

Next week the last race of the @Fat-Alfie Championship on Fonteny. I'm looking forward to it already.
See you then on track!

Another action packed race, I got a good start but all that did for me was to arrive at the chaos of turn 4 earlier and ended up being torpedoed off by a spinning car or three!
But that meant that I was in the middle of the train of MX5’s that was very entertaining and the lapping Audi’s added to the excitement.
Then Han caught up and for a couple of laps we had some good side by side and late braking fun but he was that bit quicker and he got by on the last lap when some Audi’s joined in.
well done to the podiums and thanks to Han for the organisation, great event and my first time on this track resulted in loads of fun, even if the result could have been better.

I have i5-6400 2.70GHz, GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb, 16 Gb RAM. 1Tb SSD. It's all housed in a small Dell case so no chance of slipping in a new motherboard.

I can run less than 15 opponents on Sebring without constantly seeing the 99% CPU messages - so 25 opponents was a non starters. I guess I should check beforehand to see how many have signed up.

Interestingly I can run with 18 opponents on Silverstone GP circuit before hitting my limit.

If the CPU was improved would the GPU be good enough for a while or does that also need upgrading?

I'm running 3 x 1920x1080 monitors at 60Hz.

Having just bought ACC to try out it would be good if any future upgrades allowed me to switch on some of the eye candy in that too :)

i have even with a 6600k at 5Ghz and a Gtx 980ti easily managed 144hz on triple 1080p
The processor frequency is king in AC , the graphics cards allows me more eye candy.

As Rasmus pointed out to me with his purchase of a RTX 3080, that was just before I was going to do a bank robbery to buy one, you don’t need fancy GPU’s, just a processor with high core frequency.

Although I am liking the DLSS advantage I get in ACC.

that is not to say a 3090 and a 12900k is not better, it is an highly expensive route if you don’t have the cash. :)

I can highly recommend you a Ryzen processor... the reason? You need a mobo with an AM4 socket which is very flexible because it will be able to hold future AMD processors, which is great for upgrades. :thumbsup: Something Intel could not give me when I decided to get a new PC. And the price was very affordable. And if you want RTX a 20X0 model will do just fine for SimRacing titles, cheaper than the 30X0 ones.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back