AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Sebring, Wednesday 8th December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Unfortunately I'm now highly unlikely to make it tomorrow.
I see that there are currently 10 spots remaining, so I'm undecided about whether to sign out now (and rejoin if it turns out that I'm free) or wait and see (with Han kicking me out if we get any closer to a full server).
What do you reckon @HF2000?

Unfortunately I'm now highly unlikely to make it tomorrow.
I see that there are currently 10 spots remaining, so I'm undecided about whether to sign out now (and rejoin if it turns out that I'm free) or wait and see (with Han kicking me out if we get any closer to a full server).
What do you reckon @HF2000?
Just stay, normally only 3 or 4 drivers sign up just before the race.

This Sebring seems different from one I used to use. Is this one laser-scanned? It may be updated from the one I used to use. It's still very fun, just slightly different!

This Sebring seems different from one I used to use. Is this one laser-scanned? It may be updated from the one I used to use. It's still very fun, just slightly different!
yes, there are two versions on RD download page.

Here´s some additional research for you:

Might explain that sore feeling in your hands afterwards :mad:

See you on track Carsten

what a crap......sorry guys had to leave early due to technical problems. Did testing yesterday running in mid 2.14, had normal framerate. But in qualy fps already was worse than normal. So I thought I quit and change graphic setting lower which I did just before start.
Somehow that resultet in such a dark overall look and I barely couldnt see anything, kerbs, apex, brakemarkers etc.....
dont know why that happened but it made no sense to drive. What a shame.
Hope you guys had fun.
cu

Finally a race with stories to be told... :)

First time racing with the Mazda and that's really good fun. Trying to understand the car's behavior without ABS/TC and then I realized without ABS I barely followed the guys.

Good start again, few positions yielded after a mess at T1 and from then plenty of battles between Martinez (sad that you've spun, it'd be all fun til the end, for sure!), Aird and later on Logan, which I did my best to keep it on but the guy just didn't make any errors. Well done! There was just once, after the opposite straight, that a couple of TTs fighting for position decided to make it hard, the 1st was ok but then the other dived to the extent that he had to break harder or he'd spin and I ended up slightly hitting him in the back. Anyway, part of that endless discussion about classes. :)

Great fun and definitely will be back for the next.

All the best!

Fabiano.

My PC couldn't cope with so many cars on this track. I'm curious what processors you are all running so I know what to look for in a replacement PC.
Colin,

I've had the same issues on my first few races here until I've decided to replace the whole thing. Actually I had before a laptop, but a decent one (for 2015... :p), i7 5500U, 8GB RAM, SSD and GeForce 830M, which was more than fine for practicing, but online races just didn't work.

Now I have a R5 5600X with good foundation and an poor GPU due to this GPU-craziness (GeForce 1650 Super), awaiting for better times to upgrade that, but it actually can handle VR, which is what I'm using now (a Rift S in 80fps and resolution far from great, but I do prefer rather the screen, which I could run 4k at 60fps or Full HD at 120+). Plenty of fun!

I'd say today that, GPU apart, this is a bazooka for Assetto Corsa. If budget is a thing, it could be way less and perhaps try a better GPU to balance. My goal was to have good foundation and just buy a good GPU when things get back to normal. Feel free to contact me any other doubts you have.

Fabiano.

For me it was another "Adventure Start", an Audist got bored and had a nap, we lowly mazdas had to take evasive action.
which i´ve seem to have won ( first sector purple again :)), but couldn´t keep up for more than five or six laps.
It´s difficult to defend against guys who are 1-2 sec faster than you when theres another 30min to race.
So I had them work a little, nothing to bad and then tried ( jeah TRIED) to follow them.

All in all quite happy with the race.

Most of the Audist were respectfull and didn´t cut to bad into the racing line ( looking at you E.;))

Looking forward to the next, thanks to all and very special thanks to Han for bothering to form and lead such a nice community :thumbsup:

MFG Carsten

ANd I really have to fix my microfone jack, its a pain that i can´t talk to you.

Last edited:
I´m by no means an PC expert but I think when offline practice is ok ( can you do 24 AI?) then it´s not a GPU bottleneck.

If that´s the case and you can live with your current graphics maybe a CPU ( MoBO?) upgrade would get you over the GPU madness. ( if it end in our lifetime??)

Maybe ping @RasmusP for better advice?

MFG Carsten

Thanks guys, I'm glad I raced in the end.

Got taken out at turn 3 or something by (I think) an unsafe rejoin after a major load of spinners which I missed. So right at the back again!

I did manage to catch a couple up though and might have finished 1 place further up if I hadn't run out of fuel in the final turn!
You had good qualifying pace, definitely up in the midfield. Unlucky at the start.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea