AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Road Atlanta, Wednesday 4th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Entered last minute, figured I'd try the audi, but I have a hard time figuring out how to get the best cornering performance out of this one! It'll be quite something, this race.
Deep trailbraking with brake bias towards the rear until it becomes unstable.
Then slide deep into the corner with a bit of braking until you rotated enough.

Go smoothly on the throttle and steer as little as possible to give the front wheels headroom to accelerate and not having to take the cornering force too.

Deep trailbraking with brake bias towards the rear until it becomes unstable.
Then slide deep into the corner with a bit of braking until you rotated enough.

Go smoothly on the throttle and steer as little as possible to give the front wheels headroom to accelerate and not having to take the cornering force too.
Too late for me to practice that :( !

Too late for me to practice that :( !

I shall have to make that my mantra this brake! "Follow the deep trail brake, rotate gently with the rear and allow the front to do the work". ;)
To be fair I was never able to show that what I've said is true.. I really need to drive with you guys on a Wednesday but it's pretty late with the 60 minutes race.. :(

It's the same with any front wheel driven car from my experience though and any "world record setup" I've found over the years for fwd cars all worked like that.

Basically you have an unstable oversteery car and you stabilize it with the throttle.
So you slide into corners and think you'll be spinning but then you go on the throttle and the car just won't spin around.

Yeah... Rear wheel drive makes a lot more sense for racing :roflmao: :rolleyes:

To be fair I was never able to show that what I've said is true.. I really need to drive with you guys on a Wednesday but it's pretty late with the 60 minutes race.. :(

It's the same with any front wheel driven car from my experience though and any "world record setup" I've found over the years for fwd cars all worked like that.

Basically you have an unstable oversteery car and you stabilize it with the throttle.
So you slide into corners and think you'll be spinning but then you go on the throttle and the car just won't spin around.

Yeah... Rear wheel drive makes a lot more sense for racing :roflmao: :rolleyes:
I think this concept of stabilizing it has made me go off in very straight lines a few times! Though once I did find a pace a few rounds it felt a lot of fun. Oh well, I definitely need to practice a little more.

Thanks everyone for this exciting race. I never had a dull moment during this event. I hope you all had your fair share of battles.

Because of my long speech I was forgotten to put my gloves on and I was still busy doing that when the lights went off. So I lost 2 or 3 places immediately. But it was very nice catching up with the Mazda's playing such a important role.
As far as I have seen everyone was very respectful to eachother although I think in some of my battles we must have scared the hell out of a poor Mazda driver. So great racing all of you :thumbsup: !
Congrats to all podium guys!

Next week probably a track with a normal length but based on what I heard from you on Discord, we will do another short track soon.

Next Tuesday I'm organizing again a secret event for which you can't/don't need to prepare/practice. So it takes you only about 1 1/2 hour to participate in what I promise to be fun. Please have a look here for more information:

Thanks again and see you next week on track!

Last edited:
Woah, a hectic race for a gentle mx5 drive. Unfortunately tangled with alan twice and an audi to top it off. It was fun though. I should have left you some space in the chicane @Allan Ramsbottom. Sorry about that, didn't notice you get so far around the outside!

Thanks @HF2000 for organising. Congrat to andre for the mazda win. Nipping me for pole and getting the inside line of T1 made all the difference to the start!

Had a shocker, hit you at T3 Allan early on sorry. Never really got back near anybody else after that. I got caught up in the moment with Thomas and Colin but I should have known I wasn't going to make that, poor show. Was fun with a bigger grid, but it got a bit laborious, I seemed to time it so I always lethargically followed a Mazda through Sector 1 and with no other Audis in reach it started to feel like practise. Thanks Han as always for setting it up. Congratulations to the podiums all round.

Last edited:
Still processing what happened in the race.

I had a slowish start and lost a few places then a couple of minor off tracks saw me drop back further.

Fought back to p4 with some great battles.

Eventually chased down and passed Raul but Paul was 14 seconds up the road and no time left to catch.

Only had a scary moment with the Audis through the Esses at the end, apart from that all clean and fair racing.

Well done everyone. Congratulations Marko and Andre on the wins.

Edit - and thanks to Han for organising another great event.

Last edited:
Great battle with Paul, I think we both got a two places gift, on the first lap.
Paul made an error and I pounced on it, thought I had bitten off more than I can chew,:confused: gave me grief for about 3 or 4 laps, but one error gave me a gap and the Audi's joined in to help me too.
Andre was a bridge too far, plus he was slightly quicker on one lap, I probably needed a 60 minute race, maybe I could have caught. Would have made a great battle, but he may have been shaming it and when I got too close, put on a spurt, the Rotter. :D :D
I really enjoyed this race, this is one of my " I hate this circuit " circuits, never do well here so this race made a nice change.
The Audi's were great, I think Han's advice about the Mazda having the racing line was proved correct. there are a number of corners here where my Mazda is actually faster.
Well done podiums and @HF2000 for the organisation, a very good event it was too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back