AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Road Atlanta, Wednesday 4th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race guys!!!! I love this type of track where you never get bored! In qually I spun off 3 times :whistling: but in the last minute luckily posted a decent lap.

In the race I was pulling away because of the crash in the chicane and from there was consolidating my pace and sweating of fear affraid we would collide with one of the audi's :thumbsdown:. And keeping an eye on Ernie, consolidating the gap between us, knowing he's very quick.

So well done guys! And very big thank you to Han! And the guys in the factory who are working so hard. :rolleyes:

Q2 P5 ☹️
My best every quali but Richard got past me at the first chichane. Then had Thomas hounding me for twenty minutes as I tried to negotiate the Mazda's. I always seem to catch a group at the start of the esses

Finally out braked myself at the first chichane and Thomas slipped by.

It was then Han's turn to hound me for 10 minutes. He got past but I managed to get past - only for Han to get past with a demon late braking manoeuvre at the final chicane (40 min 30 sec if want a look at the replay). Not quite sure how we didn't hit each other.

Great fun. Hope I didn't mess any Mazda's race.

Congratulations to podium and thanks to Han for organising

What an exciting race! Not a moment to rest... it was catching the car in front, looking for the next apex, negotiating a bumpy section or keeping the line when an Audi passed by. Or all at once! :confused:
I had a good start this time and gained some places, managed to hold Doug at bay on the first laps until he had a close call at a blind apex. Held on to my place for a while but had a few sweaty moments with the Audis overtaking in small groups. All fair luckily but I lost my pace which allowed Doug to close in. Tried my best version of Alonso for a few laps but he passed me when I misjudged the first corner and lost momentum up the hill. Followed dutifully and was catching up when I hit a kerb and went airborne... managed to catch the car but the gap was 7 seconds I couldn't recover on the last minutes of the race. I did have a ton of FUN though! :D

Thanks again for the great racing chaps, and for organising it Han! Congratulations on the win Andre and Marko.

See you at the next one!

Last edited:
Results are here:

Had fun, despite probably visiting every bit of grass beside the track :D
Hope I didn't ruin anyone's race!!

Still need to learn how to drive the Mazda, managed to improve my pb from 1:11 to 1:07.8 during the race, so there is hope.
Congrats to the two podiums and thanks to Han for organising!!

Results are here:

Had fun, despite probably visiting every bit of grass beside the track :D
Hope I didn't ruin anyone's race!!

Still need to learn how to drive the Mazda, managed to improve my pb from 1:11 to 1:07.8 during the race, so there is hope.
Congrats to the two podiums and thanks to Han for organising!!
All good Taj. It's an unforgiving track, easy to go off. I did a lot of that in practice, getting up to speed (somewhat) for tonight, and mostly avoided it in the race.

Man that was a great one. Fighting for position or being under pressure nearly the whole race. Didn't have a flawless qualy so coming in at P2 is a great result for me. Had good fights with Colin, Tim and Richard which was intense.
Thanks for clean racing and Han for organizing. Cu next time.

Qualifying in P4 and looking at the lap times of Andre, Brian and Allan, I was all set for an interesting midfield battle as they would be long gone or so I thought. Got a good start but soon had my mirrors full of Ernie. We inherited some places as Brian and Allan tangled on lap one. Later I went into the chicane at the top of the first hill (T3) a bit too quick and got sideways which compromised my speed for the rest of the lap. Ernie took full advantage of this and out braked me into the last chicane. Nice one Ernie.

I was happy to follow and was getting a good drive out of the last chicane and under the bridge and could get alongside Ernie on the finish straight but decided not to risk anything silly into the fast T1. Halfway through the race I dropped a wheel over the kerb on the exit of that last chicane and that speared me into the bridge support and ended my challenge. Lost 10 seconds getting going again and with a damaged car, could only hang on for the rest of the race, but happy with another podium in P3.

Great fun racing side by side with Ernie though and the Audi’s behaved well from what I saw.

Well done to Marco, Andre and all for another fun race with good standards of racing. Thanks to Han as always, those driver briefings really do work!

Very interesting few laps Paul, ( just looked at the replay ) if I had been you I would have done the same by backing out of it, as you did not quite manage to totally control the corner, but we’re more than enough in the right place to go for it. I was quite prepared to accept the consequence of that as you noticed.:D:D
I would have not been able to have complained in the slightest, it really was a 50:50 corner for both of us.
if we were fighting for fourth or fifth I would have been a lot more prepared to drive the corner in a much less determined way, Plus I had my eyes on Andre position, so that motivated me too, even though I knew it was not really on, but with the Audi’s in the mix you never know.
It is fun racing against such a great competitor, determined yet very fair.:)

Well i spent all night in the garage pulling all tugging all the body panels out of my poor MX-5:laugh::laugh:,after a few collisions and errors ready for next weeks race:roflmao:.Held onto third place at the start,Paul virtually at my side going into turn 1, all going well then had a Tangle with Brian,so off we both went,few laps later another tangle with Brian :D off we both went again,:DHad a good couple of laps racing David, held his lines well and defended like his life depended on it :););)..Then on the uphill crest just past the bridge i got my arse fettled by an Audi,no clue who or how it happened,by now my little baby was in a too sorry state to carry on :cry::cry: so i retired to the pits,tools,body filler,silicon,tape, at the ready to start work..
Congrats to the Podiums...
I WILL BE BACK!!!!..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm glad I didn't just talk trash :whistling: :roflmao: :geek:

1628161004170.png

I also have replay, telemetry and could upload the lap to youtube if you guys want :)
Theoretical best was 59.700 :cool:

Attachments

• RA_TTcup_59s.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 57
Like @Douglas Aird, I'm still trying to work this one out. I had been slow in practice and didn't have very high hopes but did okay to qualify 14th (7th Mazda) with a PB.

I felt good in the first few laps, managing to stay on track and avoid skirmishes. However, it then started to fall apart as my laptimes fell and I got into battles with people recovering and started making mistakes. I think @Allan Ramsbottom came past me four times! My entry to T1 started to get sketchier and eventually I got it wrong and spun losing lots of places.

On reflection, I think I just got lucky in qualifying. My practice and race were more representative of where I really was. Frustrating to find myself slipping back through the field though.

The last few races suggest I might have a basic technique problem somewhere. I suspect it might be to do with weight transfer when braking and accelerating. One to think about.

Like @Douglas Aird, I'm still trying to work this one out. I had been slow in practice and didn't have very high hopes but did okay to qualify 14th (7th Mazda) with a PB.

I felt good in the first few laps, managing to stay on track and avoid skirmishes. However, it then started to fall apart as my laptimes fell and I got into battles with people recovering and started making mistakes. I think @Allan Ramsbottom came past me four times! My entry to T1 started to get sketchier and eventually I got it wrong and spun losing lots of places.

On reflection, I think I just got lucky in qualifying. My practice and race were more representative of where I really was. Frustrating to find myself slipping back through the field though.

The last few races suggest I might have a basic technique problem somewhere. I suspect it might be to do with weight transfer when braking and accelerating. One to think about.
You did a great qualifying lap, if you can do it once then you can do it again.

I could not take the line through T1 that the faster guys were taking so I found a safer and only slightly slower way to do it.

I actually found a few tenths by just being smoother through the Esses, which surprised me a bit.

We are all still learning.

I know what you mean @davejevons ... I had the same feeling with the first corner, the blind right at the following crest and the last chicane. I wasn't making a lot of progress lapping around until I decided to focus on practicing one at a time (tip from Driver61: put specific goals to your practice, no more than 3 per session, first separate then together).

I started with the chicane since it is a very visible sector on entry and my goal was to optimise exit speed (the one thing that matters in any chicane). Once I was happy with that I took on the first corner but couldn't get a consistent technique to tackle it. So I let that go and focused on the blind crest instead, with the goal of getting a clean entry to avoid unsettling the car. Once I could do that consistently I went back to the first corner... but never really got it consistently right. That showed in the race since that was where Doug gained time on me lap after lap and eventually passed me. During the race I focused on getting through it as clean as possible to avoid the grass. That I managed, but I know I still have to polish that first corner. But that's for another time... :coffee:

Last edited:
I'm glad I didn't just talk trash :whistling: :roflmao: :geek:

View attachment 493495

I also have replay, telemetry and could upload the lap to youtube if you guys want :)
Theoretical best was 59.700 :cool:

The game is afoot Watson, as Sherlock Holmes said.

I will have a go at your best time Rasmus to see if I can get near it, just cannot get myself in the mood to setup a car for the Sunday GT3 race. I just do not like this track, but a shot at your personal best is a challenge I cannot resist. :D :D :D :D

PS
No aliens allowed .:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Very interesting few laps Paul, ( just looked at the replay ) if I had been you I would have done the same by backing out of it, as you did not quite manage to totally control the corner, but we’re more than enough in the right place to go for it. I was quite prepared to accept the consequence of that as you noticed.:D:D
I would have not been able to have complained in the slightest, it really was a 50:50 corner for both of us.
if we were fighting for fourth or fifth I would have been a lot more prepared to drive the corner in a much less determined way, Plus I had my eyes on Andre position, so that motivated me too, even though I knew it was not really on, but with the Audi’s in the mix you never know.
It is fun racing against such a great competitor, determined yet very fair.:)
Thanks Ernie, I am still learning and was happy with my overall pace but still some way to go with consistency and race craft. If T1 was a bit slower I might have had a go but knowing how quick you are and with you on the racing line I thought it best to back out and fight another day.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back