AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ BARCELONA

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Here is my last lap battle with @edo22 :)

My poor execution of the chicane caused my initial loss of speed on the straight.
You did a great job, i couldn't defend the inside in turn 5 as you were alredy there because of a better exit in turn 4, so i tried the undercut but i didn't take the right measure and i bumped you a little bit :D

Thanks Han for organizing and congrats Yohann :thumbsup:

Was surprised to start from P3 after only a few laps of practice. Luckily Han messed up his start and I could snatch P2 before entering T1. From that on it was all about trying to adapt and learn this track/car combo as fast as possible. Could improve my PB various times. At some point @Shed 17 turned up behind me. We nearly ran the same pace and had great battles. Mostly it was me defending into T1 and trying not to loose too much time when passing some Mazdas. Was good fun and great racing :thumbsup:

Luckily Han messed up his start and I could snatch P2 before entering T1.

Oh yes, let's talk about messed up starts. The reason for me being dead last (behind the Mazdas) at L2 was due to engaging 1st gear few seconds before the start. At that point, even if I thought I had the clutch pedal fully depressed, the car started to move forwards. I watched the replay and apparently the clutch had been released. Oh, well.. I'll double check my pedals.
However, the question is: shouldn't I had been teleported to pits? at least that's what I usually read on the s.gp configuration. On the contrary, I had the notification from Crew chief that I had to obey a drive through penalty (plus a black and white flag), and that's what I did at the end of the lap to be then a the end of the Mazda group. Is this what was supposed to happen?

Oh yes, let's talk about messed up starts. The reason for me being dead last (behind the Mazdas) at L2 was due to engaging 1st gear few seconds before the start. At that point, even if I thought I had the clutch pedal fully depressed, the car started to move forwards. I watched the replay and apparently the clutch had been released. Oh, well.. I'll double check my pedals.
However, the question is: shouldn't I had been teleported to pits? at least that's what I usually read on the s.gp configuration. On the contrary, I had the notification from Crew chief that I had to obey a drive through penalty (plus a black and white flag), and that's what I did at the end of the lap to be then a the end of the Mazda group. Is this what was supposed to happen?
I saw you from my mirror :(
For what i know, the Audi has no clutch, so if you put the gear at the start procedure the car will go forward, it happened also to other drivers.

We have the penalty for a false start set to a drive through. Feels somehow more realistic than a teleport-to-pits;)

We have the penalty for a false start set to a drive through. Feels somehow more realistic than a teleport-to-pits;)
Having made a false start, could one carry on with the race & not incur any further penalties? Just thinkin' if someone got a really early start :whistling: ;):D.

Having made a false start, could one carry on with the race & not incur any further penalties? Just thinkin' if someone got a really early start :whistling: ;):D.
Good one! You have my permission to try that in the next multiclass race (Nordschleife) in your MX5!

Last edited:
I saw you from my mirror :(
For what i know, the Audi has no clutch, so if you put the gear at the start procedure the car will go forward, it happened also to other drivers.

Oh wow, that makes sense! And it also lets me feel less dumb for not having felt my feet un-depressing the clutch pedal :roflmao:

So I'm supposed to either keep the brake depressed and engage the gear as you would in an automatic transmission car (well, kind of) , or should I wait for the red lights to turn off, before engaging the gear? How do you Audi-guys do?

Last edited:
Oh wow, that makes sense! And it also lets me feel less dumb for not having felt my feet un-depressing the clutch pedal :roflmao:

So I'm supposed to either keep the brake depressed and engage the gear as you would in an automatic transmission car (well, kind of) , or should I wait for the red lights to turn off, before engaging the gear? How do you Audi-guys do?
Stay in neutral and engage the gear once the lights turn off, you can watch Yohann's onboard on page 3 to see an example of a good start :)

I sometime race in public lobbies, and if you do not obey a drive through penalty you'll be kicked out, but I assume it's a decision of whoever creates the lobby.
If you don't obey to the drive through penalty, the system disqualifies you.

Last edited:
Join the club Omar, I did the same at Portimao!

I later realised that the Audi TT is semi automatic and has no clutch pedal. So the start has two options, hold the car on the foot brake and engage 1st gear staying away from the accelerator or leave in neutral, raise the revs and bang it into gear on lights out as per Yohaan’s video.

Join the club Omar, I did the same at Portimao!

I later realised that the Audi TT is semi automatic and has no clutch pedal. So the start has two options, hold the car on the foot brake and engage 1st gear staying away from the accelerator or leave in neutral, raise the revs and bang it into gear on lights out as per Yohaan’s video.

Thank you Paul!

So, the "Bratwurst Bude" is back at the Pflanzgarten1 jump ( I checked earlier today ;))

OK Han, your on :thumbsup:

How exactly do you plan to cut 30kilos out of my Mazda on Wednesday :cautious:

MFG Carsten
I'll try a negative number in the BOP weight field or otherwise I'll give all other Mazda's 30kg :D .

Regarding my bad start, I saw that Yohann had traction control on where mine was off.
I tried it with on and now I can start as good as the AI!

BTW: @PfzFantaribo which app are those lights for braking at the centre bottom of the screen and what does it do?

Last edited:
Regarding my bad start, I saw that Yohann had traction control on where mine was off.
I tried it with on and now I can start as good as the AI!

BTW: @PfzFantaribo which app are those lights for braking at the centre bottom of the screen and what does it do?
That's an app for braking? What's next, an app to show you when and how many degrees you have to turn your steering wheel?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back