AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ BARCELONA

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is the mx-5 fine with a default setup or should it be tinkered with (I haven’t played ac for a while and don’t know the car well)? Voice chat is in RD discord?
Default setup is quite useful imo. Only tyre pressure and fuel adjustments will do. Voice chat is RD discord, premium members, assetto corsa

Please read 1st and 3rd post to have the latest information.

Last edited:
Am i right in saying that the practice is 5 minutes shorter this time? I never practice but as this time I'm in the first section of the qualifying, I have to take into account 21.15 instead of 21.20, if so.
There's also overtime and waittime so 21.20 for qually is about right.

Han @HF2000 I registered on sgp, but the 'race' details/page seems to have disappeared from the s.gp site. Anyways, can I join with the car that I registered with please, the Mazda.

Han @HF2000 I registered on sgp, but the 'race' details/page seems to have disappeared from the s.gp site. Anyways, can I join with the car that I registered with please, the Mazda.
Hi Patrick, yes that's correct. It's explained in the 3rd post of this thread.
I use S.gp for signing up and, if the RD problems are solved also for the race.
But at the moment, that isn't the case and then I delete the s.gp event shortly before it would start and fire up the 'old' RD server instead.
I hope it's not too confusing but for me this is less work in organizing this events.

I apologize, I had to disconnect. Sorry to have messed up Raul and David race. I waited for them but then my nephew which lives hundreds of km far away and is here in these days together with my wife's sister, hijacked my rig and I wasn't able to continue the race. Kids are awesome, anyway :)

Last edited:
Yeah much more chilled, didn´t get lapped by all the Audis :)

And Han, this BOP thingy was a little insensitive.
I´ve had a BOP of about 30kilos for the best part of my live :cautious:

I expect you to cut that out of my Mazda for the NOS.
( as a reward I´ll lead you around it irl when your in the neighborhood :cool:)

MFG Carsten
DEAL!!! (And maybe some currywurst? :p )

Last edited:
@stigs2cousin
I can only apologise for my part in the race incident, it was a bad way to end what was a very absorbing battle for the whole race minus the last 10 minutes, you deserved better.
I spent most of the race carefully looking to see where an overtake was possible, it just was not possible.
As you were the only driver I came across, I decided I would have to force the situation, which is what I had to do, the first chance I could create one.
It was pretty much a, it's going to end in tears move, but I had no other way of doing it, you were just so good, as a mistake was not on the cards either.

A very protracted apology.

terry.jpg

That Rotter Patrick was long gone, catching was just impossible anyway, so I only had Carsten to occupy my whole race.
I really like Barcelona, so a big thank you to @HF2000 for the organisation.

PS hate that Chicane.

Last edited:
These screenshots sums up the amount of fun that i had in this race, thank you @HF2000 for organizing, and thank you all for the great duel!

I like this track, i hope that the GT3 race on sunday will be as good as this :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_barcelona_5-5-121-22-40-57.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_barcelona_5-5-121-22-40-57.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_barcelona_5-5-121-22-41-36.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_barcelona_5-5-121-22-41-36.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_barcelona_5-5-121-22-49-18.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_barcelona_5-5-121-22-49-18.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for your kind words, but they are not completely warranted.
You were the faster driver, i couldn´t "drive a tank" for the remaining 20 minutes.
The overtake was a little " hammer and crowbar" but I´m not bitter about it.;)
Must have been hard to have been stuck behind "the tank"

So no hard feelings, enjoy your well deserved "hero brew" :thumbsup:

Lets (not) do this again at Nordschleife

Quite sweaty Carsten

Thanks guys for joining tonight. I had a great race with Andreas and Paul within one second. But then I hit Tim in the chicane and he went off so I waited for him and became the last of the Audi's. The rest of the race was still enjoyable with catching up Edoardo and Colin. Just when I came close I had Douglas in front of me in the last sector where you can't overtake without forcing the other from the raceline. But that's part of the game so still happy to finish last because I had fun all the time.

Congrats to all six on the podium and I hope to see you all in the Green Hell next week!

BTW: I think the Audis will be a little over a minute faster. My estimate is that it takes at least 9 laps before they have lapped the Mazdas which means that the race time should roughly double our normal race time. So it will be a kind of two monoclass races in one event.

Last edited:
These screenshots sums up the amount of fun that i had in this race, thank you @HF2000 for organizing, and thank you all for the great duel!

I like this track, i hope that the GT3 race on sunday will be as good as this :)
That was indeed a lot of fun (I'm the blue TT ). Didn't hold out much hope of a decent race as this track seems to get a lot of bad press. Great close fair racing with you guys.

@edo22 Thanks for posting the screenshots. I was the Mazda in that Audi sandwich! I expected everyone to go to my right but found one wanted to go to my left so I had to inch over without getting in the way of the other two. :)

I got tangled up towards the end of the first lap, spun and was dead last. Managed to work my way back to overtake Raul and Dave but couldn't get near everyone else. Main thing was I put in some consistent and fast (for me) laps.

I apologize, I had to disconnect. Sorry to have messed up Raul and David race. I waited for them but then my nephew which lives hundreds of km far away and is here in these days together with my wife's sister, hijacked my rig and I wasn't able to continue the race. Kids are awesome, anyway :)

No worries, stuff happens ;)

I survived 2 incidents and was getting into a rythm when I made a mistake on my own letting myself being distracted by the car in front of me and spun in a way that would make Mazepin green with envy. :D

Lost places and had to start all over again. Managed to catch @davejevons and tried to close the gap to @Douglas Aird but he was more lucky with traffic. Somehow the Audis always got to me on the last sector and to Doug on the long straight. It was a bit of a lonely race but fun though. I was happy with my consistency and traffic management went much better than expected.

Looking forward to Nords, see you then chaps!

Last edited:
Thanks for organising another successful event Han, much appreciated and well done to the winners.

This was my second time out in the Audi, and while I have always struggled with front wheel drive cars, I think I am beginning to understand this one much better now.

After the start line comedy of Portimao last week, I was a little bit more careful tonight and Thomas got the jump on me into T1. After a couple of laps Thomas made an move on Han into T10 but went off which allowed me to close the gap on Han and Andreas. Backmarkers made things interesting as Andreas, Han and me were running very close for a while, every rubbing doors on one occasion.

I saw an opportunity to get up alongside Han while he was distracted by a Mazda and moved into third place and set off after Andreas. What happened next has to be be some of the best racing I have ever been involved in as Andreas drove a great race lap after lap to defend from my attempts to find a way around him.

Well done Andreas, a pity Han went out as we were having a great battle for second place and it was refreshing to be able to have the confidence to race side by side, tough but fair.

Looking forward to next Wednesday and the Nordschleife.

Thanks @edo22 and @JamKart22 for the close and fair racing, Was so much fun. Yes this scene was crazy, going three wide whilst lapping a Mazda:).....one of the craziest moments I had a long time with a lucky end for me as I was able to overtake at the end of the straight. Thanks @Douglas Aird for letting me room on the left:).....

Here's the scene for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/UuSSXEJK1z8

Thanks Han for organizing and good battle in the first laps. Missed my brake point whilst trying to overtake with push to pass, glad I didnt hit Andreas. Lost two positions but that lead to a fun race so it was ok.
Cu next time

Thank you @HF2000 for the organization.

It hasn't been the most entertaining race for myself I'd say, but it was still a difficult exercise in consistency. Glad there's been some fights happening in the field !

Not the best point of view, but here's my record from the race :

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back