AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@ San Luis, Wed 18th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks Robert,
I had installed that one already but as I'm working on countries in alphabetical order and I haven't got to Indonesia yet:D. Actually Semanggi isn't a new circuit. The one posted yesterday was a night version of it.

So it wasn't a coincidence that yesterdays track was in Argentina:p!
As I'm in France now with testing, you can start guessing where the track next week will be from:roflmao: .

Australia?

Oooh, Belgium ..., Britain, maybe...

But speaking about tracks: last year we visited the circuits where the F1 went in the same week but not all those tracks were available on S.GP. Now they are available, even Las Vegas.

Do you want to do the same this year with the Abarth/Mazda's? For my convenience I will do it in the format of a championship but not with fixed participants. In the other weeks we will do other tracks and probably a Fat-Alfie championship in the last months of the year.

So please answer with a yes of no.

Last edited:
But speaking about tracks: last year we visited the circuits where the F1 went in the same week but not all those tracks were available on S.GP. Now they are available, even Las Vegas.

Do you want to do the same this year with the Abarth/Mazda's? For my convenience I will do it in the format of a championship but not with fixed participants. In the other weeks we will do other tracks and probably a Fat-Alfie championship in the last months of the year.

Yes please!

No, on a personal level i find the Mazda hard work on the faster more precise tracks. No margin for recovering a lap if you get the line wrong.
Don't listen to me, i just don't like boring tracks with big run off areas. I get bored stiff and start to make mistakes :laugh:

How about a different car combo for the F1 tracks?
Multiclass Madness.jpg

We tried this on rF2 and it was hilarious fun, while still being raceable. The 2CVs did laptimes almost exactly double that of the F1 cars. Lapping the packs in the races was frought with fun danger and it did a great job of keeping the F1 cars from spreading out too much.

AC obviously has the F2004, I'm sure you can find a slow car with double the laptimes easily to make this work.

Yes from me as it will reduce your workload.

I had a fun race last night, always somebody on the chase ahead or behind me... lots happening around me and a couple of times to me, haha! :laugh: I struggled to find the pace from this weekend's practice hours and at the end centimeters on the track limits impeded me from reaching a higher start position than P9. Still a good place on such a large grid though. My start was not stellar (wheelspin on my new wheel makes the whole rig shake, must fix that) so a few cars got past or next to me... I saw incidents happen ahead but managed to dodge, keep it on track and even straight despite light contact... I then put my head down and got to work. :coffee:

My first stint was pretty good, managed to fend Han for a while until I had a kerb-bounce at turn 3 (the hard right uphill) and caressed the wall... :confused: But I got back on track quickly and started the pursuit of Mr. Fazzi... I got close but never had a chance to pass, other Abarths joined the fray so I decided to pit, half way the race. The second stint was more eventful. Again, my arms got sore and I started making little mistakes when turning in, which got me in light-but-dire contact with the wall a few times and I had a racing incident when lapping Jose (no te preocupes, esas cosas pasan)... that one was a tad funny because I got airborne! :roflmao: During the last laps I was closing in on Steve but Doug was also getting bigger in my mirrors... after I had a light slide Doug was next to me going into the first sweeping right, going down the lake... we gave each other space but I had a slight slide towards (of course!) the wall, this time I spun but managed to recover swiftly and keep Dave, who closed in, behind me. At the end I finished in no-mans land but had a lot of fun so, thanks again for organising Han, this was a good choice for our Multiclass! :thumbsup: Congratulations to the winners and podiums and everyone who finished, even after a disconnect. I will see you lot next week!

Oh, and regarding the questions on tracks... following the F1 calendar sounds good to me. Maybe not every track suits our Multiclass so perhaps following the countries but changing a track here and there... for example, Zolder fits our combo better than Spa... and maybe old Detroit instead of Vegas? :D My 2 cents.

Like Colin and Raul, I would be tempted to pick and choose the F1 tracks. Not all of them are great for the Mazda/Abarth combo. One feature of the F1 tracks is they take less learning and practice time as we have normally driven them before - this can be a pro or con depending on your view.

I came into last night's race very unprepared. I was painfully slow at the start of practice but stole some lines by watching others practice on board. BTW - for newer joiners this is an invaluable way to learn tracks and something which (I think) is perfectly acceptable to do. When in the pits click on somebody's name and you can watch them drive.

A good start and other people's misfortunates saw me in 7th for a while but I couldn't hold off Kimi and Han's abarths and gradualy slid backwards. Mid race I started to lose consistency by trying to hard and lost several places in a series of unforced errors.

This track seemed to exaggerate the differences between the cars. The abarth would pass on the straight and could effectively block the Mazda through corners, where it can maintain higher speeds. If I took an unconventional line I could often regain the place through the corner but it only prolonged how long it took for the Abarth to get past.

Thank you for organising @HF2000!

I'm not sure, but in any case, you can check out the result yourself using the RESULTS tab in Content Manager. And (if you allow it in CM to create large replay files) the whole replay of the race should be in CM as well.
Thanks Marcus, I’ll check CM for results tonight, but couldn’t find ‘em on simresults.net Are the results posted up there by the race director or can anybody do that?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.