AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Road America, Wed 24th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race! In the beginning there were some nice fights with Han and Ernie. Both then made a much earlier pit stop than I did. So I had a lot of time to think about the situation after my pit stop. I got back on the track just before the end of the race behind both of them, which surprised me a bit as I thought I was driving acceptably and consistently. A look at the fastest lap times then gave me the answer.

Great event! :thumbsup:

Had a lot of fun tonight!
The track was amazing, the more laps I turned in, the more I appreciated it.
Except the pit lane, that was a never ending straight of slow. :confused:

Really enjoyed the early laps with Jose, Dominic and Aleks, all of us racing very close.
Made a couple of attempts at passing Jose (great pace by the way! :thumbsup:) but never managed to stick the landing.
Took advantage of Aleks opening the door to slip through, only to see him spin on the next turn (though luck there man :().

Then the gap behind me widened into a lonely mid-race race until I started paying more attention to the flight tracker than the race and started making mistakes and losing positions.
Finally with only 9 minutes remaining on clock the plane touched down and I had to wrap-up and race to the airport.

Thank you all for the fun racing, special thanks to Han for organizing it.
Congrats to the podiums and I will see you next week! (or maybe earlier, I'm seriously considering the GT4 rookie event this Sunday)

- Ricardo

Huge thanks @HF2000 Han for organising tonight, a superb combo:inlove: :inlove: Congrats also to Allan for the win and the podium guys:thumbsup:

Must apologise to some of you, I think it was @H_Belane , Andre M and @eN1xes - the stuttering/glitching was really bad (for me anyway?!), few times I thought I was well clear of you and was much closer than intended, hope I didn't spoil your race.

Thoroughly enjoyed the fair racing with you all, started from the back 'cos leg cramps* were driving me nuts earlier this eve, but all OK in the race - apart from concentration disappearing as usual around the 40min mark:laugh:

Last 20 mins, couldn't stay with Fulvio (no surprise:roflmao:) so just tried to keep @Kek700 Ernie at bay, really struggled to pull a gap after the stops - damn The Rotter's consistency:sneaky:.

*For the cramps, Mrs P advised drinking Soda water half an hour before.... it worked! ...hate it when she's right:D:p

Last edited:
It was an easy race for me,:) Hank and Han being the only ones to worry about, but an early pit stop ment I did not then have to worry to much, I assume Han had some sort of pitting problem, so after my pit stop I Had a reasonably comfortable gap to Han, Hank was still well up front.
Allan , Fulvio and John had an easy pace advantage on me, so I did not give them much thought.
Just focused on John when he popped out of the pits, keeping me concentrating on the remaining laps. Cheers John.:):)
So well done podiums and a special well done to a great race organisation to Han and for keeping me focused for the whole race, he was shadowing for most of the race.
:)

Aside from the server warping (took some people out :() great race! Went for the early pit stop to get out of a fight with Jari, hoping to save some time, only to end up having it out with Andre for the last 30min, all while trying to keep Carsten and Wayne in our mirrors. And then for the last 2 laps, I had to push faster than my quali time just to keep Andre .6s behind me :confused: Haven't had that long of a fight in a while, really good stuff.

Nice to see our group continue to grow, and get faster. I still remember when I joined here and spent race after race practicing my blue flag etiquette :). As mentioned in another comment, ask questions if you have them. People here are always willing to help and see you get faster... just so long as it isn't faster than them :p

"Track of the month" gets 2 thumbs up from me Han. I really like you sending us all over the world with new tracks, but it's fun to return to some of the favorites. See you all next week (and sunday for the GT4 Rookies race)

Another very enjoyable evening :) I had some great racing early on with Raul, Paul and Tim. Then I think I started dicing with Robert after he had pitted which was great fun but I also decided to pit at that point as in reality my race wasn't with him, I had one eye on Raul who was close behind and catching quickly.

I messed up my out lap with a double spin at the tight right hander at the end of the long straight just at the end of the lap unfortunately. Looking at the data, typically most people's out laps were ~2:50 mine was a 3:20.798 :confused: So I lost a heap of time there that once things shook out left me in a lonely place.

My pace and consistency were pretty strong (for me) after that and I was gifted an easy way through the congenital twins Jose and Dominic :D They had had some sort of incident. At this point I was well behind Tim and started to close but he kept me at a safe distance - every time I put in a PB so did he, felt like we were having a good race despite not being close on track until the very end.

My mistake maybe ultimately cost me a position or two at most but the real disappointment was it completely detached me from the pack of Kimi-Thomas-Paul-Raul.

Great track, I've never driven Road America before and I must confess that when I first tried it in practice I did not like it at all :laugh: It really grew on me though. Onto the next one!

That was a good race. Period!

Thank you all for that.

Finally we managed to not cock up the midfield killbox and have race from the positions we qualified in ;)

A special thanks to Robert and Andre for "towing" me to several PB´s, improve midcorner speed, duely noted;)

A new track every week is nice, but the classics cut down on preparation time (and seem to improve safety):O_o:

About the warping, I had one mayor stutter in practice and saw some of you warping (as always with big fields) So not sure if it´s the server or our local machines. I had my FPS limited to 70% of their potential, so CPU/GPU had enough overhead.

MFG Carsten

Guys,

I've asked our IT wizard Rasmus Pasche about the lagging.
Here his answer:
Hi Han,

mhh, yes and no. Skins aren't used by the server, so the server won't lag due to them.
But they can tank some performance for each individual driver on their local PCs.

So whoever has the issue would need to run the Render Stats Apps, take Screenshots etc.

Server lags with normal pings can be caused by:
- other admins doing things on Avon, causing CPU load spikes that cause hiccups in the server ticks of he running sims

- simply too many things running on Avon

I'm not sure if AC has the possibility to show the server CPU time. The crux is that this is not really about the CPU load. It's about how long the server took for a tick compared to the tick rate.
ACC shows this, but I've never seen it in AC.

Hope that helps a little bit?

I can look into tools to diagnose the server cpu time over the weekend :)

Personnally I had no issues with my car but I noticed some lagging with Thomas in lap 1.

So the easiest solution when you´re warping would be to disable the skins?
Don't know. You might remove them from your computer. In that case the cars with a mod skin will look grey on your screen.

But you can do the render stats thing and ask @RasmusP for advice.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back