AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Road America, Wed 24th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
a little off topic, but i actually found this video to be pretty interesting. watched the other day while on treadmill. never was a huge fan of NASCAR but this video gave me a deeper appreciation. it is also fun to see how a european guy reacts to the experience.

this event would fall into the 'spectacle' category but looks like a hell of a show.

check it:

this was the best nascar race over the years was literally a demolition derby even the commentator was hilarious a little hint from 4:22 to 4:35

Also, Allan's idea of using an older car sounds fantastic.
a triple thunderous yes yes yes :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also have good memories of this track here:
Screenshot 2023-05-20 132158.jpg

this was the best nascar race over the years was literally a demolition derby even the commentator was hilarious a little hint from 4:22 to 4:35
Damn. Some good door banging action at WG. Bubba and Kyle getting too worked up. I might have to start watching more of those races.

Funnily enough, this was the first race
funny you posted that race, that was the first nascar race I caught live in recent years and it hooked me every since. Ovals can be fun, but the road racing on the same tracks lmps and gt3s run is wild/awesome to watch

Would love to do these tracks with a Can AM car to do them justice really. Is the Lola T70 available for us to use? I think it is available to download on RD
well, the t70 is definitely available as a download. it's a top-rated car, a real beauty and gives you one hell of a driving experience once you can get it under control. i imagine most of you guys already know it.

can am seems like an appropriate choice.

1684706919369.png

Last edited:
I have had the Lola for ever and it is a good car.
Han is keeping quiet about it i think due to its roots in rfactor.
HAN, where are you?
Give us your verdict on our lovely Lola!
We want to race it!
:D:D:D
Well the plan is to keep the Wednesday for the multiclass because it's for a broad public.
@abecede is organizing the Formula Agile races on Thursday in F1 weeks.

So options are:
  • on Thursday when there isn't an Agile race. Organization by Markus or me.
  • on Monday or Tuesday organized by me.
What do you prefer and which track would you like for it?

Last edited:
lola (ford) is wonderful on meadowdale raceways. one of my favourite combos. so beautiful corners, then the monza banked corner, and on the start finish straight, the car is airborne for a few seconds... it's just pure bliss for me...

Thank you for your response Han, much appreciated by myself and anyone who fancies a challenging drive. I am open to any day available and any track as long as it was around at the time in North America. Markus has revealed his favourite which is fine by me. If it goes down well do you think we could have a small series of races? Watkins, Riverside, Mont Tremblant , Bridgehampton etc. It's all good

Last edited:
Thank you for your response Han, much appreciated by myself and anyone who fancies a challenging drive. I am open to any day available and any track as long as it was around at the time in North America. Markus has revealed his favourite which is fine by me. If it goes down well do you think we could have a small series of races? Watkins, Riverside, Mont Tremblant , Bridgehampton etc. It's all good
A series/championship is certainly an option. But we should take some matters into account.
We have now three AC races per week. Personally I only want to do two a week being the multiclass and an other race. I can't afford a divorce, you see:(!
So I'm willing to organize those series on weeks without a Formula Agile race but only if we have at least 10 drivers or better even more.
So that could end up in certain weeks with four AC races: GT's on Sunday, Lola/classic cars on Tuesday, Multiclass on Wednesday and diverse formats on Thursday with Markus.
It just that it can be too much for our regulars. Cannibalism is possible and also with other sims.

So let's start with a Lola race on Tuesday in the first week where's no FA race and see if we can get a decent grid. You can help by promoting that event.

Also, a little more on topic to the race thread we're in :p here's a 60s Can-Am Road America track skin (you can run track skins during online races)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea