AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Jeddah, Wed 15th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Lol, love you guys :roflmao::inlove:

I replied to Jose's pm, waiting for his reply now :)
My csp preset had weather FX, lighting FX and track configs disabled, which probably explains the issue.

There is a headlight option in CSP which you need to enable and then need to assign a wheel button to switch it on. There were also some extra file that needs copying with this circuit - this is documented on the circuit download page. These might improve the lighting.
Good hint!
Afaik you can also have it switch on automatically but not sure..
In cm, you can "combine with keyboard" and it should already have a hotkey mapped.
But also not sure, lol

PS: Although I really know a lot about PCs, Windows in general and how to set things up in relation to performance:
I don't use SOL/Pure (yet). We never raced in the dark so I didn't feel like setting it up, tanking my CPU performance if I'd do something wrong and getting night-replays when opening replays of others.
And I really don't understand the app to change the weather in real time. You click on rain, but no rain appears. Only when using the SOL planner app, but I don't understand that app at all yet.
Guess I would need to look into the manual or watch a tutorial but....... Nah :roflmao:

However I had some fun with some beautiful sunset time. Adjusting the time works well. Made it stop and fixate at the most beautiful moment.
Unreal experience with the RSS Lambo GT1!
But this also pushed my 3080 to full load at 80-90 fps at 3440x1440. During our club races, it casually sits at around 50% load.
1678628277298.png

Last edited:
Lol, love you guys :roflmao::inlove:

I replied to Jose's pm, waiting for his reply now :)
My csp preset had weather FX, lighting FX and track configs disabled, which probably explains the issue.

Good hint!
Afaik you can also have it switch on automatically but not sure..
In cm, you can "combine with keyboard" and it should already have a hotkey mapped.
But also not sure, lol

PS: Although I really know a lot about PCs, Windows in general and how to set things up in relation to performance:
I don't use SOL/Pure (yet). We never raced in the dark so I didn't feel like setting it up, tanking my CPU performance if I'd do something wrong and getting night-replays when opening replays of others.
And I really don't understand the app to change the weather in real time. You click on rain, but no rain appears. Only when using the SOL planner app, but I don't understand that app at all yet.
Guess I would need to look into the manual or watch a tutorial but....... Nah :roflmao:

However I had some fun with some beautiful sunset time. Adjusting the time works well. Made it stop and fixate at the most beautiful moment.
Unreal experience with the RSS Lambo GT1!
But this also pushed my 3080 to full load at 80-90 fps at 3440x1440. During our club races, it casually sits at around 50% load.
View attachment 646817
Rain is only available with the paid-for preview version of CSP. From the SOL download page...

Sol does not bring Rain! RainFX is a part of CSP preview versions,
available here - for MONEY!
https://www.patreon.com/x4fab/posts

I've not paid for it so don't know what it's like

guys, I didn't mean to create any headaches for anyone by suggesting a night race. as I mentioned, when I tried the night version of the track, I thought it looked really nice and thought it might be fun to race it at night.

honestly, at this point, I would be okay with a day or night race...

I have yet to try Sol and all the other fancy SFX... mind sharing the setup @JOSEJ @RasmusP ? :D
While you didn't try the "fancy SFX", you are using CSP though?

The preset I've sent Jose is as basic as possible. No fancy stuff.
He needed to activate:
Lighting FX
Weather FX

And to install SOL, just go to the download page, download everything and read the manual. Peter Böse did a really good job writing his manual. :)

And then you'll need to select SOL for both drop down menus in Weather FX (Weather Controller and Skript or something.. Not at the PC today...).

For tracks that don't already come with a lighting track config:
At the top left in the CSP settings in CM, you'll find "Track Configs". Make sure that tracks you want to use night lighting on show that a config is installed so CSP knows what objects are lights etc.

And that's basically it :)

good morning Han
problems again cannot compare ckecksum
help please
thanks Gary
Hi Gary,

For this night race you need CSP and SOL installed.
CSP comes with ContentManager. SOL can be downloaded here.
That should deal with the checksum problem.

Next you have to activate WeatherFX in the CSP settings and select SOL in as contoller script and weather script/
1678734746880.png

Last edited:
So I tried Jedda with the FA and the Mixer and I can firmly state that this track will make my "favorit tracks of all time list"

NOT!!

it has the usual charme of a city track, when I want to drive between walls I´ll get myself hired by the Boring Company :sick:

I´ll find it rather difficult to see the line through the next corners and to discern brake and turn in markers ( tunnelvision courtesy of walls.)

And have you noticed that this mod is a firm slap in the face for all the "values" that modern F1 management stands for?? :O_o:

Last edited:
So I tried Jedda with the FA and the Mixer and I can firmly state that this track will make my "favorit tracks of all time list"

NOT!!

it has the usual charme of a city track, when I want to drive between walls I´ll get myself hired by the Boring Company :sick:

I´ll find it rather difficult to see the line through the next corners and to discern brake and turn in markers ( tunnelvision courtesy of walls.)

And have you noticed that this mode is a firm slap in the face for all the "values" that modern F1 management stands for?? :O_o:
The blind corners is a real feature of this track. You're lucky to drive it 3x as slow as the F1 cars.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%