AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Jeddah, Wed 15th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
After some time to install everything I can say I'm really looking forward to this one!

Yeah, I was running AC without SOL or any of the other shenanigans needed for this track, but that has now been fixed and I have to admit the flickering lights hanging above on the night sky look really good! The waving flags look artificial but it's still a step above a static mesh.

The track is quite interesting and I think those first corners will be fun to watch from the back of the pack on L1 :roflmao:.
Oh and absolutely no cutting because it's either a wall or gravel, and I don't know which one will be worst...

From the short practice laps I've done seems like I will learn a lot on this track about car balance, especially when breaking.
My major concern will be the blue flags: if I look to much in the mirror it's easy to make a mistake at such high speeds - so be extra careful when lapping me as you never know if I'm not going to bounce of the wall into the racing line :unsure:.

See you soon!

Don´t worry Ricardo, it will be a while until Fulvio will appear in your mirrors and he is very good at lapping people because he´s already overtaken the complete field as he started behind you. ;)

And when you get the "blues" :cool: keep cool and be predictable:
the corner you´re in belongs to you, if you want to be nice you could go off the racing line and lift a little ON THE STRAIGHT! Before lifting check your mirrors if the "lapper" has understood your intentions :O_o:
I´m afraid just last week I killed a guy who wanted to be nice and lifted but for me was on the racing line so I didn´t understand and kicked us both from the track :cry:

See you in a bit

Bitte ein Bit.PNG

Carsten

Last edited:
I hope you'll learn more about braking, than about breaking tonight :D

Sorry, had to go for this stupid joke :p
I had it coming :roflmao:

By the way great race, it was a lot of fun!
And I did learn a lot about breaking during practice and quali!
Those yellow banners took quite a beating (and not only from me :p).
Luckily during the race I was able to keep it (mostly) clean.

See you next week!

Thanks Han for organizing, again you found an extremely "adventurous" Pit exit for us ;)
How this Tielke monstrosity achieved FIA grade1 status will forever be a secret.

money pit.PNG

All in all an interesting race for me:

I completely cocked up quali; my plan was to start last row because you scoundrels ALWAYS cock up T1 :cautious:

Problem was that the time counts also in the pitlane, so instead of safely last I suddenly was in the killbox around P14

:cry:
Out of self preservation I decided to start from pitlane.

Good idea, Boys, did you cock up T1 :rolleyes:

Firstly I then cocked up the "wiggly bits" before the first first hairpin several times in a row, first time while sniffing Han´s tailpipe. But because he decided to park and piss in the last left I had to lift and spun off into the sand.

"A few laps later" i tried the same trick again, result see above.

Pulling it together some acceptable laps followed, hunting Thomas I even improved my PB by 1.3sec. :cool:

But all the guys I wanted to wrestle down went the way of the coward ( or tactitian, who knows :cautious:) and fled into the box.:cry:

So before pitstops I even manged last to eleventh :) after pitstops P15 with no crashes would have been nice.
But then my pedals crapped the car again and with throttle stuck open at the last hairpin I decided to teleport home.

Pissed and off to the shower now Carsten

)Oh, and tomorrow I´ll kill this Discord bitch.
Started as Adminstrator, bound control to PTT, my name lit up when pulling the lever, I heard you, nobody heard me)

Last edited:
Great and terrible experience at the same time for me.
In qualy, i was 1 sec over my usual pace in practice :O_o:.
For the first 15 laps i was finally in the top 10 / 11th place figthing with a certain consistency :)and great fairness.
Then i pitted and... i realized i forgot to set up tyre change!!! The crew just added some fuel!
So after a few laps i lost the car, had to pit again with esc and lost pace and concentration... so bad...:cry:

Thank you all, looking forward to know what circuit we'll be racing next time

For the first 15 laps i was finally in the top 10 / 11th place figthing with a certain consistency :)and great fairness.
Then i pitted and... i realized i forgot to set up tyre change!!! The crew just added some fuel!
So after a few laps i lost the car, had to pit again with esc and lost pace and concentration... so bad...:cry:

Giando, the tyre wear is set to 40% so you can easily make the 1 hour without a tyre change. You just need to be careful in the last 10 minutes.

That´s a shame.

For future races:

normaly one set of tyres should last you through the race, Han has done his best to mangle the conditions so that even the "Shopping Cart" can do the race on one set of tyres.:p

slippery track, killer kerbs, but fun to drive here.

Couldn't put a good lap together in qualy, seconds off pb, so P15. Next to Raul again :cool: . Had a holeshot at the light, but driver in front of me didn't, so had to go full brakes right after shifting up, just a little rear end touch to Giando, sorry man, but all went very fast. Entire field passing me and then I found myself in some sort of pinball machine in turn one, got hit from right to left, etc. Looked Raul deep in his eyes when we front ended after he was sent in a full spin. From the back we fought our way back up to the midfield, nice driving there. I killed myself trying to pass Collin whom I just saw seconds before that do some nice sight seeing with his car :) Tried to outbrake him, but I totally screwed up, ending wide in the grave(l). Costed me some places to Paul and Steve and went for the pitstop. Put my head down and could do some pretty consistent laps, trying to keep it to just one serious gravel fest.

Took 13th place in the end after trying to reel Paul in and keeping Thomas out of my mirrors.

Was a fun drive tonight, thanks guys! Thanks Han!

Congrats to the podium, Jason, awesome driving in the Abbarth man!

Last edited:

Giando non cambiare gomme aggiungi solo 1 litro come tutti perdi tempo cambiandole

Thanks all for racing. It was fun. Afterwards I tried one lap at night at the Feldbergring. I found it great! Please try it also and let me know if you like it.

And I saw several things I didn't see before:
You can't do that Han, early hours we'll come across the village milkman, and farmers getting to the market:unsure:

Dammit, that's how real I find David's tracks:roflmao:

(I have tried it and feels like a completely new experienc:inlove::inlove:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats to the podium guys, especially @Twoddle Jason's pace, absolutely stonking in the Abarth:confused: Finished work too late but sat in for a few laps, wow, some great and fair racing going on:thumbsup: Time for someone to get these events onto a vid channel!

Last edited:
Not my best day, qualy was good for my level. I manage to pass the accident in the chicane but I press accidentally the back to pits bottom... That finish all, even does not count as pit stop... From there, racing alone until I start to see the blue flags... So sad as I think it would be a good fight at the end of the grid...
Thank you Han for organice and Rasmus for support me in the software installation.
Waiting for next week track

That was my first win in the Abarth and good it felt. I think it will be a while before I manage that again.

I some how started on pole with a qualifying lap that I pulled out of nowhere, 0.8 faster than I had done up until that point. It gave me the confidence I needed for the race which I did not have after the terrible practice session just before.

I Knew I had no chance against the MX5's on the first couple of corners with cold front tyres, the car did not want to turn dropping me into 4th. It took me a couple of laps to get 3rd back. Allan pitted as soon as he could giving me 2nd, next lap Andre pitted giving back the lead. I spent the next 40+mins driving as fast as I could and pitted very late hoping to be in the lead, I exited the pit further ahead than i expected, I'm assuming they lost a bit of time on a lap or 2. I took a steady last few laps to bring the win home.

The win feels good but after lap 4 I drove the whole race on my own.

Thank you Han for organizing all these races and thank you everyone else for the good fun racing.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%