AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn, Wed 15th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If you hit this sign then you're not going anywhere!

Screenshot 2023-02-13 103443.jpg

I have decided to lodge a protest.

A40A3A96-3666-406C-A283-F87CAE094CD0.jpeg

I have just been on the server, I am now not racing, but fearful of not straying into the white lines. I really do not understand the logic in this system, when it is not needed.
Never have I come across any incident in hundreds of races where I think it was needed, and ironically it was at Daytona last week being the first time, plus it was black and white no argument situation.
But that could easily have been punished by a back of the field start in the next race. No qualifying allowed.

I did very well in the Sunday before this Sundays race with the gt1 cars, by keeping to the circuit, others were less fortunate, mostly not their fault at all, I was not happy with my higher than it should have been placing. ( I was very impressed with my hopelessness in these cars, unfortunately I now have a stain on my record ):O_o:
I do not want someone to get a slow down penalty, returned to the pits or drive though penalty. so I can just sail on past. It is hard enough to race as it is, with bringing easy gifts to it.

I abandoned AMS2 for this very reason.

Not only was I bashed off the circuit but then had to go to the pits for a drive through., I was not amused.

View attachment 639645

I have just been on the server, I am now not racing, but fearful of not straying into the white lines. I really do not understand the logic in this system, when it is not needed.
Never have I come across any incident in hundreds of races where I think it was needed, and ironically it was at Daytona last week being the first time, plus it was black and white no argument situation.
But that could easily have been punished by a back of the field start in the next race. No qualifying allowed.

I did very well in the Sunday before this Sundays race with the gt1 cars, by keeping to the circuit, others were less fortunate, mostly not their fault at all, I was not happy with my higher than it should have been placing. ( I was very impressed with my hopelessness in these cars, unfortunately I now have a stain on my record ):O_o:
I do not want someone to get a slow down penalty, returned to the pits or drive though penalty. so I can just sail on past. It is hard enough to race as it is, with bringing easy gifts to it.

Not only was I bashed off the circuit but then had to go to the pits for a drive through., I was not amused.
Relax, Ernie, please. It's still in a testing fase. It isn't decided to use it for all events.

I like the principle of 'don't fix it if it ain't broken' but it can't hurt to try something now and then to see if it can be an improvement.

And Daytona isn't the only track. How about Spa (Radillion) or Imola (Alta Variante) or Monza (the chicanes).

By the way, the cuts only count if the lap is faster than your average laptime i.c. when you have gained an advantage with it.

View attachment 639645

Ernie it's just testing at this point, as Han already said! It's not about forcing some super restrictive penalties to anyone. It's more about testing the new possibilities that the Emperor Server software gives us :)

And the penalties aren't that harsh and they are also configurable! The gas cut penalty at Paul Ricard was a mistake by Brian. He apologized for activating the default AC penalty by accident.

This Emperor penalty system works a lot nicer! If you cut the track, all you have to do is to be slower than your average lap time at the end of the lap.
If you happen to be faster than your avg lap time when crossing the line, you'll see a message at the top like:
"Warning 1/3"
We can configure the amount of warnings too so if we race on a track where it's almost impossible to NOT cut every now and then, it can be set to 5 or whatever.

It's also only for the concrete in Sector 1 for this track. Nothing else! So you only have to keep it between the white lines for a few turns. From lap 2 ongoing.

Last edited:
It's also only for the concrete in Sector 1 for this track. Nothing else! So you only have to keep it between the white lines for a few turns. From lap 2 ongoing.
Just keep it on the black stuff, easy as pie :O_o:

Also a massive NOT fan of having to do programmer work on my racing sim.
( not an issue here as I´m not the roster anyway. Just wanted to air my voice, this kind of stuff is not my thing.)

Have fun guys (and let´s not do it this complicated again;))

MFG Carsten

Here's a quick video without sound to show you all what to do :)
You can either open the "not ini"-zip I created or you can just put the surfaces.ini directly into the correct folder.
I show both ways.

Where does the Ffhan_srfaces zip file go Han? I can't find it in the track file, and opening it, it looks corrupt. ....but then I am a pc knuckle-dragger:D
You can't attach zip files to posts here, but if they are small enough, you can just rename it and put ".ini" at the end.
Just download it, rename it (delete the .ini at the end) and you're good to go.
You can also open it via right click -> open with -> choose more apps -> 7-zip

7-zip doesn't care for the file extension and simply opens whatever it can open :p
1676307912490.png

Last edited:
Just keep it on the black stuff, easy as pie :O_o:
Well that quite a generalization...
You have to only keep in on the black stuff:
- after lap 1
- if you're faster than your average lap time
- for 10 out of the probably 14 laps
Also a massive NOT fan of having to do programmer work on my racing sim.
( not an issue here as I´m not the roster anyway. Just wanted to air my voice, this kind of stuff is not my thing.)
Yeah it would be sweet if our race hosts could get the clearance to upload zip files to forum posts. That way all you'd have to do would be identical to install a track/car mod since I provided the full folder structure for easy drop-in :)

All the other "complicated" stuff was about finding good settings for all of us since Emperor is a new thing for everyone here.
The end result is having to drop in 1 file (or the folder) and look out for warning messages at the top.

@Medilloni and everyone else:
I just thought about that Windows often doesn't show file extensions at default.
Please change this as it makes life so much easier when dealing with basically anything that has to do with files.
1676308471503.png

Im out,head started hurting after just a few sentences of that bull:poop:..If people cant stick to 2 wheels inside a track and repeatedly flaunt the track limits,they should be booted...Think everyone should go back and read the rules again fully,this should be fun and gentlemenly racing......Have fun guys...

it is not about keeping it legal, full stop, I do not use shortcuts, and most if not everyone here does not either. It is about all the incidents that occur to us all in a race that causes us to go out of limits. ( that is my main worry, but Rasmus has assured me that I need not worry, now I don't ):)
I am quite happy altering it, but it is not all about me, it is all the things that can happen in a race to all the drivers I have observed. I have been racing here since 2017, apart from the obvious, no one has ever gained any time on me by cutting the track, ever.
I like most here, do everything we can to stay within limits, even though it may be just down to the surface off track slowing you down. plus the car does for 99% of the time not appreciate the detour.
:)

Drove as mad as a hatter, with the formula Agile.

F3C57B47-A6FA-4E8D-80EC-1936DEAC5782.jpeg

A car that I do not gel with, probably worse combination, track and car, had one off in three laps. Plus I seemed to upset everyone too, so did everything wrong.:O_o:
So if I was going to go out of track limits , this was it.

Did I transgress any rules??????

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 33 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%