AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn, Wed 15th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Editting the surfaces.ini file works.

Only thing I had twice now: when you hit the stop sign at the t-crossing coming from the long straight and then sharp to the left, when you hit that stop sign post thing on your right, you will get stuck!! No other options than to exit to the pits. So, try no to hit that one.

That’s what Bouke is here for; hitting things that people with proper braking skills don’t hit :cool:
You learned as early as getting your drivers license:

DO NOT DRIVE over STOP Signs!!!

(at least my driving teacher yelled at me for doing so)

So I think there may be a rule for that??

Wondering Carsten

Last edited:
Because if you run the track with aircraft and race circuit, it actually allows you to use every bit of the track including inside the white edge lines. Our track "something 6" is not the same.
That is probably where the above debate comes into conflict

Isn’t there a way to find out? Run a short practice race on your own on server 5 :cool:. Just a suggestion, if I can be of any help, just lemme know!
Using server 5 would mean quite a lot of work for me as server 5 doesn't have the content for my events. I'm using 1 and 2.

Had planned to nudge you for that, remembered you mentioned a 'heat map' before. It's a plugin or an app I guess?
Sorry Brian, just seen this!

I've no idea of the technical stuff, but we (other place I race) have everything that RD has now, plus this stracker thingymebob - so when an event is in progress, you'd click a link 'live timings', which is an additional link 'box' on the same screen as RD's 'championships', 'results', 'calendar'. That takes you here (a screenshot I found on Google, not us):
stracker.png

...then 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc) can click on their name and a graph will come up with an overlay of the fastest vs your lap. I can't find a screenshot so have edited the below image to protect the innocent:p ...this shows the fastest lap in blue, anyone below would have a 2nd line overlaid on it -in this case I used my professional skills to edit a slower lap overlay in red;)

track graph1.jpg

Edit: only imo, (and I know RD don't like ppl seeing times) but this has been the single best improvement to get ppl up to speed and give much closer racing :)

Attachments

• track graph1.jpg
    track graph1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Sorry Brian, just seen this!

I've no idea of the technical stuff, but we (other place I race) have everything that RD has now, plus this stracker thingymebob - so when an event is in progress, you'd click a link 'live timings', which is an additional link 'box' on the same screen as RD's 'championships', 'results', 'calendar'. That takes you here (a screenshot I found on Google, not us):
View attachment 639217
...then 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc) can click on their name and a graph will come up with an overlay of the fastest vs your lap. I can't find a screenshot so have edited the below image to protect the innocent:p ...this shows the fastest lap in blue, anyone below would have a 2nd line overlaid on it -in this case I used my professional skills to edit a slower lap overlay in red;)

View attachment 639225

Edit: only imo, (and I know RD don't like ppl seeing times) but this has been the single best improvement to get ppl up to speed and give much closer racing :)

Ooo nice, so does it run within acsm as a plugin or is it just a link that takes you off to another website?

sTracker uses the plug-in ports that you can configure in the AC server manager.
You can access the "UI" via a browser by using that internal IP + port.
And there you can find the "external IP", which is basically a link for everyone.

Afaik that link is not protected by a login though, which is an issue.

Apparently the acsm interface, which is a website-UI itself, implemented sTracker too.

Which would make that stracker UI hidden for the public.

And in return I'd say if RD is fine using the Emperor server stuff, it would be fine to use that stracker implementation too.

I'd by happy to help out configuring it all :)

(and fix Han's "server 5 doesn't have the content I'd need" alongside via folder linking :p)

This "maybe we have track limits, maybe not, could be we find out in the race" is so very, very Dutch:rolleyes:
It really goes against my "German sense of Order":p

It's the way my Boss works, he says we have rules for everyone and at any time, but then execution isn't straight forward and we are supposed to know when we are to behave different. You don't have to be Monk to be driven crazy :mad:

About the data analysis , that would be a great tool for everybody.

Problem is that for Han's obscure tracks (mostly loving it;)) there is no data on the Net, so this sharing between us would be a huge step.

Do it
Do it
Do it.

Problem is that for Han's obscure tracks (mostly loving it;)) there is no data on the Net, so this sharing between us would be a huge step.

I'm loving these obscure tracks to, I've spent so much time in the past racing the same old tracks that I think I'd become stale. I'm starting to find these new tracks are making me think about lines and how to take corners again. I seem to be getting quicker at learning new tracks as well.

I never once crashed into an aeroplane at Spa though

Anyone tried AI yet?!? It’s quite frustrating, as they all dig themselves into all possible environmental objects available at the famously dangerous T-crossing after the long back straight :cool: with a CPU overload as a result… (equivalent of approximately 0,5fps in realtime, that’s really weird stuff, felt like being in the Matrix but without being able to move faster than all surrounding me).

Anyways, during a test ‘weekend’ on practice, quali and race, both Jim and AC never mentioned any kind of cutting or track limits. And the Lord knows I’ve tried every single possible cut :p:cool: So I guess no kind of on- or off track surface material is set up as off line material, as expected.

All this was still offline btw, so proper testing should be done in an online test race on the server. Only then we know.

Off to a birthday party now, continue later. Unless all say: let it be, we just stay off the concrete in sector one as much as possible, no use putting a lot of time in fixing this for one race.

Last edited:
Anyways, during a test ‘weekend’ on practice, quali and race, both Jim and AC never mentioned any kind of cutting or track limits. And the Lord knows I’ve tried every single possible cut :p:cool:
Might be different for the server though. Not sure about the exact config at this point :roflmao:
So I guess no kind of on- or off track surface material is set up as off line material, as expected.
Yeah probably..
However if checksum is disabled, Han could change this for the race so you'd get warnings and no laptime registered although your own AC thought it was valid.

I'll have a quick look in a moment :)

And in return I'd say if RD is fine using the Emperor server stuff, it would be fine to use that stracker implementation too.

I'd by happy to help out configuring it all :)
A tempting offer Rasmus! Be careful what you get yourself into ;)
(and fix Han's "server 5 doesn't have the content I'd need" alongside via folder linking :p)
I haven't had the bandwidth to properly keep up with this stuff lately, but I had the impression that the Emperor ACSM product inherently made *all* of the content available to *all* of the servers. @Interslice - you might know the definitive answer to this, since you have delved more deeply than most of us?

A tempting offer Rasmus! Be careful what you get yourself into ;)

I haven't had the bandwidth to properly keep up with this stuff lately, but I had the impression that the Emperor ACSM product inherently made *all* of the content available to *all* of the servers. @Interslice - you might know the definitive answer to this, since you have delved more deeply than most of us?

I'm not sure what content is missing! Missed that thread. Everything 'works' with the old content, just doesn't have the nice stuff like liveries, track thumbnails etc. Send me a PM @RasmusP and we can look into this stuff/stracker. I have a bit of server burnout at the moment but will get to it eventually!

Last edited:
About track cuts on the concrete:
View attachment 639324

The creator f*cked it up completely and didn't just set EVERYTHING to "IS_VALID_TRACK=1" but also made the pit exit going across the concrete.
So if you set the concrete to IS_VALID_TRACK=0, which would get rid of ALL the cutting in Sector 1, your lap gets invalidated when going out of the pits...
The entry doesn't cross any concrete so your inlap will stay valid!

In theory you could leave it like that since going out of the pits isn't important for Qualy and since the pit-stop-laps are far slower than average, Emperor shouldn't give a warning!

I've changed all "IS_VALID_TRACK=1" to "0" for everything apart from Surface_1 (TAR ; main road surface). Did 5 laps in the F2004 and it seems to work very well!
Your outlap will get invalidated but it shouldn't matter from my understanding!

Here's my adjusted surfaces.ini, just the file but also drag&drop for all drivers with the correct folder structure :)
(delete the ".ini" behind ".zip"...)
That's just great, Rasmus! Thank you so much.
So how should I configure this setting for the cut penalties?
1676213944985.png

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 408 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 278 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 122 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.6%
Back