AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Cathedral Rock, Wed 4th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys,

It's the last day of this year about which I have mixed feelings:unsure:. I became a grandfather to a beautiful little girl as a fantastic highlight:). It was also a great year for my events for RaceDepartment. The Wednesday community is getting better and better, resulting in more close fights and therefore more fun. And the community is also growing, resulting in even more battles:thumbsup:. It has been a privilege to host these events for such a positive group of sim racers and I will be happy to continue to do so in 2023.

But there is also a dark side to this year:(. The war in Ukraine is terrible in all aspects of humanity. Of course, we all experience the negative effects, especially in a financial context, but that is nothing compared to what the Ukrainian people are victims of.

It seems that the war is entering a kind of stalemate, resembling the horrors of World War I with trench warfare but on top of that direct terrorist actions with cruise missiles and suicide drones against the civilian population. I would like the free world to do everything it can to shorten this war to avoid as many casualties as possible. I would like the Western countries to supply the Ukrainian army with weapons so that they can prevail as soon as possible. Not only for Ukraine, but also for the Russian non-elite citizens who die en masse when mobilized.

I cannot send Leopard and Abrams tanks or F15/F16 fighter jets to Ukraine, but I can donate a small amount to the aid organizations for Ukraine.

A few weeks ago many of you volunteered to buy @Fat-Alfie a cup of coffee or two for his awesome tracks. That was amazing! Some of you also wanted to donate to me for organizing these events, which is really nice. I really appreciated this gesture, but I've asked them to make a donation to the local aid organization for Ukraine instead.

I am not asking you to do the same, but if you would like to thank me for the past year in more than nice words, a donation to the local aid organization for Ukraine would be very much appreciated.

I wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2023

Han

I float in and out of these posts, pretty much as I do life in general. :roflmao::roflmao:
Could you post where these donations are to be sent here, rather like Fat Alfi PayPal account?
I like the idea of rewarding your kind self for all your efforts, Brian too, putting it to a good cause is a double whammy in my books.
I agree with your so well expressed sentiments above, forget about heads of state and celebrities, it is the people that suffer, both in Ukrainian and Russia.
I just cannot imagine what it must be like to be a parent and see your son sent of for a pointless fight that does no one any good. Except of course the fat ego’s and bank balances of the politicians and families who will nearly always emerge unscathed.
When as a whole race will it take before the man in street actually realise the true worth of the people they vote in.
If I had my way every conflict would be fought by the heads of state, and ordinary folk could look on, some how I think there would be suddenly zero conflicts in this world.
:(

Last edited:
Hi Ernie,

Just send it to an aid organisation for Ukraine in the UK. I'm sure there are a couple. I only know the Dutch organisation which is not handy with Brexit and so...
This is the main UK appeal site...

Hi Scotty,

Indeed our events are only for premium members (see tab PREMIUM). Beside that you have to enter your real name in your RDaccount/account details in the field Real Name. It's one of our rules and it's for internal usage only so we know who you are.

For premium members we organize 3 AC races per week (see news item Weekly Club Races).
If you have upgraded your account and have entered your real name, post here again of send me a PM and I will give you the password and other information.

Hope to see you on track!

Had a strange experience regarding fuel consumtion today on this track. did some practise and sidekick reported around 0.75 ltr/lap every time I checked. just for fun I did a 10 laps single race with AI, filled up 8 ltr and - surprise, surprise - the engine stopped in lap 5 :confused::cautious: looked onto sidekick and saw 1.94 ltr/lap.
Is the practise server running with less then 1x fuel consumption? or am I missing something? how much does your mazda need per lap?

Last edited:
Not looking like I'll be taking part this week, attempted to join the server but have an error stating I'm missing cars "ks_abarth509_asseto_course" and "ks_mazda_mx5_cup". I have the track installed and believe both cars are just standard as the corresponding folders are in my AC directory, not sure what the issue is? :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.