AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Cathedral Rock, Wed 4th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I couldn't see any difference and the packaging was the same. You should just notice that you can tighten it up more without hitting a stop. Did they acknowledge that it had been modified?
Sanel from the Support said that he wouldn't know of any modifications but he'd happily send me one to check for myself.

My comparison would ofc include tightening it as far as possible and then check :D

If you don't tighten it up enough then you'll still have the same problem. I just kept tightening until the play disappeared
Will do!
I know there are some mod videos that explain how to take out the tightening stop to simply clamp it tight.
But apparently you can tighten it too far and break the plastic of the QR, which is why the stop is there in the first place.
I always wondered how it should be tight with that sluggish force when already hitting the stop.
Probably a wrong calculation somewhere and the stop comes 20% too early...

With my sheet of paper in the groove and about 1cn left and right of it, I need about 2x the force to hit the stop and then its tight.

When I had the csl dd for testing I tried to get this beefy center position feel of real cars and the ts-pc, which my csw 2.5 is lacking.
I've found that the inertia slider is brilliant.
It gives some very slight delay for low ffb rotations to start but it mostly slows your own hands down, not the wheel.
I had no issues catching any slide!

Try 20% inertia and 2% friction.
That should calm the wheel down already.

Are you using the csp ffb tweaks extension?
I don't remember what we configured the last time..

The new gyro should be activated (although apparently buggy sometimes with 0.1.80...).

And range compression should be 100%, otherwise you'd need to lower the gain further.

I'm currently using 150% range compression with 40% gain in the menu, cars between 75-130%.

The rss GT1 Lambo at 90% as a benchmark.

In dirt rally 2.0 I put the wheel and tyre friction to 0 and then set inertia to 50% :D

Thanks Rasmus. I'm using Colins settings with your tweaks. Feels good :) New LMP1 PB on Sebring within 5 laps... These wheel companies really should e hiring you to make their presets!

Luckily I had no issue with my CSL elite LC pedals in 14 months. The CSL DD is only going for 3 months, but all good so far. Will try your felt tip on my mag shifters! The loud click on releasing the shifter, after a shift has already happened, was very confusing at first. Coming from the G29 that shifts on the click it still feels a bit weird. I guess you can't hear a magnet or switch clicking in a irl race car :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%