MRW mod install & skins?

jbfan1263

jbfan
Original poster
May 8, 2017
Hey all,
I downloaded the 2017 & 2018 cars from this site: https://www.mrw-simracing.de/
but I can't seem to get them to show up in the sim. Also, I have looked but can't find any skins for them. Any ideas?
Thanks

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
yes I agree, they are talented modders...but install process is a bit complicated with many parts to download and to tweak, I mean someone should tell them to make all-in-one mod as RMS did :)

Reactions: Shovas

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
I logged in and I tried the link, but it says only users that are granted special access can see it.
Yes, you need to be a member, it's worth it though, it's a decent place and they have lots of files that other places don't have

jbfan1263

jbfan
Original poster
May 8, 2017
Yes, you need to be a member, it's worth it though, it's a decent place and they have lots of files that other places don't have
So I assume that simply registering does not make me a "member"? I'll look into it further.
Thanks

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
You have to follow their instructions which includes posting an introduction for yourself

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
Sorry, have been trying to find the time to post about that. Will get back to you.

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
I took a look at my files yesterday and it's really too big and unwieldy to upload all as one package. It's multi gigabytes and there's nothing special about it I just downloaded it straight. Sorry for the wait.

Honestly, all I did was download them one by one + if you look closely the author has skinpack downloads for *some* cars. I think that's all I did.

One other thing: You'll need to edit the .HDC files (I think it's .HDC) and change the FFB Multiplier from anything above 1.x to just 1.x. For example, the author defaults to 3.0 but it causes all kinds of ffb clipping and feels really bad. So set them all to 1.x (ex. if it was 3.0 before change it to 1.0, if 3.2 then 1.2, etc.).

^ Use Notepad++ to search and replace across files. Use Windows Explorer's Search to find "*.hdc" files and just select them all and drag them to Notepad++. That's how you can quickly change all of them.

Last edited:

jbfan1263

jbfan
Original poster
May 8, 2017
I took a look at my files yesterday and it's really too big and unwieldy to upload all as one package. It's multi gigabytes and there's nothing special about it I just downloaded it straight. Sorry for the wait.

Honestly, all I did was download them one by one + if you look closely the author has skinpack downloads for *some* cars. I think that's all I did.

One other thing: You'll need to edit the .CAR files (I think it's .CAR) and change the FFB Multiplier from anything above 1.x to just 1.x. For example, the author defaults to 3.0 but it causes all kinds of ffb clipping and feels really bad. So set them all to 1.x (ex. if it was 3.0 before change it to 1.0, if 3.2 then 1.2, etc.).

^ Use Notepad++ to search and replace across files. Use Windows Explorer's Search to find "*.car" files and just select them all and drag them to Notepad++. That's how you can quickly change all of them.
Very useful information. Thank You!