MGP20 MotoGP 20 Modding Tutorial

hi, i'm trying to create a new shark helmet for career mode, and i have 2 questions:
Can i change the visor for this helmet ?
When i add a new texture to the only shark helmet available, i have a carbon layer added to it that i can't remove. I tried changing the clearcot mask and stuff but didn't figure out how to remove it. if somoene can help.
thanks
The visor for the custom helmets it’s visor000, not sure about the carbon issue. Which helmet are you tryna edit?

hi, i'm trying to create a new shark helmet for career mode, and i have 2 questions:
Can i change the visor for this helmet ?
When i add a new texture to the only shark helmet available, i have a carbon layer added to it that i can't remove. I tried changing the clearcot mask and stuff but didn't figure out how to remove it. if somoene can help.
thanks
Yeah, in the latest update milestone add some carbon layer in shark stock helmet. And from my knowledge, yes it is related to clearcoat_mask and material_instance made by Milestone. Thats why some helmet can have carbon layer effect and some don't even though you changed clearcoat_mask to purple. Shark stock helmet now have its own clearcoat_mask texture in clearcoat000_mask. So in order to remove the carbon effect make sure you edited the correct one.

1595221617739.png

The way milestone add carbon effect as per my understanding is adding additional normal map (T_CarbonFiber_N) into the object based on the mask which is on blue channel of clearcoat_mask texture.

1595221957749.png

You can remove them by changing the blue channel to plain black and you literally will only get red color.
My conclusion based on my analysis of clearcoat_mask are :
Red channel = clearcoat layer mask
Green channel = roughness coat layer mask
Blue channel = carbon fiber layer mask

Black on all channel mean you get no coating layer at all, the combination of mask in per channel can provide variaton of coating effects such as, yellow = r+g you'll get rough coating, purple = r+b you'll get clearcoat + carbon fiber and, white/close to white = r+g+b you'll get rough coating + carbon fiber.

And I need to reiterate again that not all helmets can have the same effect, it depends on material_instance configuration made by milestone. Some only have config for clearcoat (red), some have r&g channel config, and some of the others have config for all rgb channel which you can found in object that have carbon fiber effect.

Sorry if I'm being too long lol, hope you understands my explanation.

Works perfectly, thank you so much
Yeah, in the latest update milestone add some carbon layer in shark stock helmet. And from my knowledge, yes it is related to clearcoat_mask and material_instance made by Milestone. Thats why some helmet can have carbon layer effect and some don't even though you changed clearcoat_mask to purple. Shark stock helmet now have its own clearcoat_mask texture in clearcoat000_mask. So in order to remove the carbon effect make sure you edited the correct one.

View attachment 390126

The way milestone add carbon effect as per my understanding is adding additional normal map (T_CarbonFiber_N) into the object based on the mask which is on blue channel of clearcoat_mask texture.

View attachment 390127

You can remove them by changing the blue channel to plain black and you literally will only get red color.
My conclusion based on my analysis of clearcoat_mask are :
Red channel = clearcoat layer mask
Green channel = roughness coat layer mask
Blue channel = carbon fiber layer mask

Black on all channel mean you get no coating layer at all, the combination of mask in per channel can provide variaton of coating effects such as, yellow = r+g you'll get rough coating, purple = r+b you'll get clearcoat + carbon fiber and, white/close to white = r+g+b you'll get rough coating + carbon fiber.

And I need to reiterate again that not all helmets can have the same effect, it depends on material_instance configuration made by milestone. Some only have config for clearcoat (red), some have r&g channel config, and some of the others have config for all rgb channel which you can found in object that have carbon fiber effect.

Sorry if I'm being too long lol, hope you understands my explanation.

Works perfectly, thank you so much

Is there a way to edit a custom helmet with the in-game editor ?

I'm asking because i'm new to skin creation and i struggle a bit adding logos to areas like front/back or top of the helmet.

It would be easier to add a modded sticker on my helmets with the in-game helmet editor.

I'm asking because i'm new to skin creation and i struggle a bit adding logos to areas like front/back or top of the helmet.

It would be easier to add a modded sticker on my helmets with the in-game helmet editor.

The mipmaps what it is ? :geek:
it's a different resolutions of the original texture you are wiewing, the game generate different resolutions regarding a different distance of a model you are wiewing that called mipmaps, maybe unreal engine have a sort of mipmaps app generate itself in the game and don't need the ones of photoshop

Sorry OT but can you tell me is it possible to drive this game with steering wheel or joystick? I only wanna drive KymiRing track to do some practice before track day in real track (I live about 70 miles from the real circuit). It is almost impossible to drive with gamepad as I do not have experience for it, I'm simracer so steering wheel is the only controller I normally use, thanks.

Or where can we find the color panel for the editor ?

Or where can we find the color panel for the editor ?

The idea would be to have a color and removing the file to create a see-through color.
As you can change the skin underneath it would be good.

Hi! I can't repack back to the game. Python is installed, everything technically is working properly. I followed everything. It opens CMD and right away closes it instantly. Any help?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.