MGP18 MotoGP 18 WIP Thread

I managed to import the 3D tearoffs without the bugged rider shadow in game!
uEP92hT.jpg

Nice, how’d you manage that?
1) Exported the visor and helmet using Umodel. Imported visor_close010.psk 3d model into 3DS(it contains both the visor and a bone)
2) imported my custom tearoffs (I created them in Maya)
3) merged the visor with the tearoffs (using 3DS collapse utility)
4) applied the helmet bone to the new visor (this was the mistake, I wasn't re-applying the bone to the merged mesh).
5) Exported .fbx to UE4, recreated the folder structure, materials included (they have to be material instances)
6) Applied a shared helmet bone to the visor. (all the helmets use the same bone, located in a shared folder. So you have to recreate it inside UE4 and assign that bone to the helmet/visor. Basically you apply a bone with 3DS Max, but then you have to apply another bone to the mesh).
7) Cooked everything.

The only issue is with LODS, my custom helmets seem to disappear from distance (when you race online and someone is using that helmet) because they probably do not have the right LODS or something like that

1) Exported the visor and helmet using Umodel. Imported visor_close010.psk 3d model into 3DS(it contains both the visor and a bone)
4) applied the helmet bone to the new visor (this was the mistake, I wasn't re-applying the bone to the merged mesh).
5) Exported .fbx to UE4, recreated the folder structure, materials included (they have to be material instances)
6) Applied a shared helmet bone to the visor. (all the helmets use the same bone, located in a shared folder. So you have to recreate it inside UE4 and assign that bone to the helmet/visor. Basically you apply a bone with 3DS Max, but then you have to apply another bone to the mesh).
7) Cooked everything.

The only issue is with LODS, my custom helmets seem to disappear from distance (when you race online and someone is using that helmet) because they probably do not have the right LODS or something like that
Thanks, always cool to see how these things work :)

Some more riders have been confirmed (not sure about Bulega but it only takes a couple minutes to reverse)
20180812191444_1.gif

20180812191448_1.gif
20180812191358_1.gif
20180812191430_1.gif
20180812191418_1.gif
20180812191541_1.gif

7) Cooked everything.

Do you think a similar process could be used for bikes?

Do you think a similar process could be used for bikes?
I want to try it. The only difference is that bikes have a lot of bones, so I'm not sure models can be edited easily.
Swapping existing models should be doable though (Like replacing Monster Yamahas with KTMs models). Just export the model, import into 3DS, export to UE4 and recreate all materials with the right folder structure

I want to try it. The only difference is that bikes have a lot of bones, so I'm not sure models can be edited easily.
Swapping existing models should be doable though (Like replacing Monster Yamahas with KTMs models). Just export the model, import into 3DS, export to UE4 and recreate all materials with the right folder structure
Yeah I’ve been working on it for a while, can’t seem to get the materials right though I end up with regular materials instead of materialinstances

Yeah I’ve been working on it for a while, can’t seem to get the materials right though I end up with regular materials instead of materialinstances
Right click on the material-->create material inst. Copy it to the material_istances folder and remove the "_inst" from the name. Apply it to the model instead of the default material

Hello guys I have a question and I hope someone can help me with that.

Someone knows how to change the 3D model of a team? For example, Repaol Honda has a Yamaha bike or KTM uses an Aprilia??

If someone knows how to do it please tell me I want to make a new team and I want to modify the Angel Nieto team with the M1 2018.

Might not be the right place to ask it but.. did the last patch ****ed up the photo mode (too much saturated with no filters on wtf) and lean angles of the riders for anyone else?? Surprisingly the mods I installed were fine but what the hell happened with this latest patch?

Might not be the right place to ask it but.. did the last patch ****ed up the photo mode (too much saturated with no filters on wtf) and lean angles of the riders for anyone else?? Surprisingly the mods I installed were fine but what the hell happened with this latest patch?
Yeah they broke photomode

Someone knows how to change the 3D model of a team? For example, Repaol Honda has a Yamaha bike or KTM uses an Aprilia??

If someone knows how to do it please tell me I want to make a new team and I want to modify the Angel Nieto team with the M1 2018.

We’re working on it but I know that it’s possible but I haven’t got it to work yet

Yeah the photo mode has too much contrast and darkness.
If you increase exposure and reduce contrast in the photo mode settings it gets better, but you have to do it every time you enter photo mode :cautious:

If it's possible we'll manage to do it sooner rather than later. Haven't tried yet. Will keep you updated

Some updates. I quickly modelled only the new top right Ducati wing for now and imported it in game, so it's possible to edit bikes.
AiEh4it.jpg

rYOGly9.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes