MGP18 MotoGP 18 Modding Tutorial

When I started there were no tutorials about it at all. I made that tutorial in order to give you the basic concepts, now what you have is enough. I won't make further tutorials
Hei Jonix,your tutorial is perfect and very detail.
But,i'm encountered some differences between changing the bikes model and helmet model..
Each bike is having skeletons and physic_assets folder in their base folder,but the helmet isn't..
I found helmet skeletons in helmetShared folder but i can't find the physic_assets folder for helmet so i use the default physic_assets when you importing the model to UEditor.
I did something different from you when try to repacking the files..i'm not only repacking the mesh but also the physic_assets folder because it's attach to the mesh,right?
In the end,it's quite perfect..i can see my helmet model is changing everything seems normal..
The only problem is when i watch the replay after a race,my helmet is missing from the rider,no head also..and sometimes it appear and then missing again..and appear and missing again..
i don't know what's the problem but i think that's because im using the different physic_assets than it used to use..
Can you help me by telling me how to search the helmet's physic_assets folder?
These are the screenshot from my tools
The first one is my helmet folder plus my physic_assets and the second one is the only physic_assets folder i found..
Should i use the RiderGP_Physicassets instead for the helmet?
a.png
b.png

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 223
  • a.png
    a.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 205
But,i'm encountered some differences between changing the bikes model and helmet model..
Each bike is having skeletons and physic_assets folder in their base folder,but the helmet isn't..
I found helmet skeletons in helmetShared folder but i can't find the physic_assets folder for helmet so i use the default physic_assets when you importing the model to UEditor.
I did something different from you when try to repacking the files..i'm not only repacking the mesh but also the physic_assets folder because it's attach to the mesh,right?
In the end,it's quite perfect..i can see my helmet model is changing everything seems normal..
The only problem is when i watch the replay after a race,my helmet is missing from the rider,no head also..and sometimes it appear and then missing again..and appear and missing again..
i don't know what's the problem but i think that's because im using the different physic_assets than it used to use..
The first one is my helmet folder plus my physic_assets and the second one is the only physic_assets folder i found..
Should i use the RiderGP_Physicassets instead for the helmet?View attachment 278239 View attachment 278240
Done trying..RiderGP_PhysicsAsset not helping
The head is still missing in replay

Should i use the RiderGP_Physicassets instead for the helmet?View attachment 278239 View attachment 278240
You need to delete the physicassets in ue4 editor and then it should work

Hi, I think I know what the problem this. Your model doesn't have LODs, so if you are distant from it, it will disappear, because there are not smaller versions of it.

I didn't cover it in the tutorial, but MotoGP18 meshes have different LOD levels. I think helmet models have 4 LODs. Bike models have 8 or 9 LODs.

So, you need to import 3 more LODS into UE4. (You can find on google how to import LODs for a model).

What I did was this:
-Open the helmet model with 3DS. Apply a poly reduce modifier (you can set the %).
Like LOD1=75%, LOD2=50% and so on.
- Apply the modifier to the mesh (collapse the modifier to the mesh). Make sure the bone is still attached to the mesh, otherwise apply a Skin modifier to link again the bone to the mesh.
Do this for every LOD you want to create.
-Export each LOD to a different .fbx file.
-Create 3 LOD slots inside UE4 for that model (check google for a tutorial). For each LOD, choose when it will appear (it's something like screensize, I don't remember correctly, but everything is explained in the UE4 documentation)

You can see the default LODs of the helmet models with UEViewer, there is a hotkey (I think it's L to toggle between different LODs, but I'm not sure).

Good luck

Hi, I think I know what the problem this. Your model doesn't have LODs, so if you are distant from it, it will disappear, because there are not smaller versions of it.

I didn't cover it in the tutorial, but MotoGP18 meshes have different LOD levels. I think helmet models have 4 LODs. Bike models have 8 or 9 LODs.

So, you need to import 3 more LODS into UE4. (You can find on google how to import LODs for a model).

What I did was this:
-Open the helmet model with 3DS. Apply a poly reduce modifier (you can set the %).
Like LOD1=75%, LOD2=50% and so on.
- Apply the modifier to the mesh (collapse the modifier to the mesh). Make sure the bone is still attached to the mesh, otherwise apply a Skin modifier to link again the bone to the mesh.
Do this for every LOD you want to create.
-Export each LOD to a different .fbx file.
-Create 3 LOD slots inside UE4 for that model (check google for a tutorial). For each LOD, choose when it will appear (it's something like screensize, I don't remember correctly, but everything is explained in the UE4 documentation)

You can see the default LODs of the helmet models with UEViewer, there is a hotkey (I think it's L to toggle between different LODs, but I'm not sure).

Good luck
Thank u so much for answering..
I'll will try it soon ;)

[QUOTE = "Albert Sunjaya, post: 2864880, miembro: 537005"] [ATTACH = full] 278665 [/ ATTACH] ¿Alguien puede decirme qué debo hacer para equilibrarlo? Estoy tan desesperado de intentarlo un millón de veces pero todavía no puedo hacerlo :Sin palabras:[/ QUOTE]
¿Qué mod usaste para ver el casco en 3d a través de photoshop?

View attachment 278665 Anyone can tell me what i need to do to make it balance? I'm so desperate of trying million times but still can't do it :speechless:
You can't, it's a hit or miss until you get it right. Try to place strong colored markers (like bright green), by painting them directly on the 3d model. Then you will see those markers on the textures and you will be able to correct the placement of the texture

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%