MGP18 MotoGP 18 Modding Tutorial

ok i undestand you are as me years ago maybe with mutch patience i believe i can made a possibly gift for forum, i will try to added wings of rabat model to lorenzo model, its a long way last thing you have win 10? don't want to download 3d max and can't use in win 10
Yeah I use Windows 10

ok have you renamed tetures as lorenzo bike model?, now you must rename the entire model as lorenzo bike model in the 3d prog.save it and try to reimport as you do for textures cook it and hope that we have cheated right the game that must believe you import lorenzo bike,cause without a database mod prog like bmlfile prog of dyego is impossible to asseign a change, i has made this for gp500 game models and it was good, hope this is good also for now,tell us if if it' goes good
Yeah I've done that but I get this error:
upload_2018-7-25_22-40-59.png
The steps I follow are:
1. Export bike005.psk using Umodel
2. Import bike005.psk into 3DS Max Using the ActorXImporter Plugin
3. Rename the model bike005 to bike010
4. Go to the material editor and rename all of the mat_x files to the names of the ones in bike010
5. Apply textures to model
6. Export as .FBX
7. Import .FBX into Unreal Editor
8. Cook Files
9. Put them into the Pak file
Am I missing something?

Yeah I've done that but I get this error:
The steps I follow are:
1. Export bike005.psk using Umodel
2. Import bike005.psk into 3DS Max Using the ActorXImporter Plugin
3. Rename the model bike005 to bike010
4. Go to the material editor and rename all of the mat_x files to the names of the ones in bike010
5. Apply textures to model
6. Export as .FBX
7. Import .FBX into Unreal Editor
8. Cook Files
9. Put them into the Pak file
Am I missing something?
ok i saw that the error is about cockpit file maybe there is a cockpit texture that is not renamed, or is in somewere else place and generate a conflict from what the game need for bike 010 and rabat model bike 005
edit i have discover how solve the error, in unmodel prog open the vehicles and rabat model go to material instances and you can see a file named cockpit 005 so export it rename as 010 and put it in the lorenzo bike model in vehicles folder but maybe the game woud do some other crashes put it here so we can solve

ok i saw that the error is about cockpit file maybe there is a cockpit texture that is not renamed, or is in somewere else place and generate a conflict from what the game need for bike 010 and rabat model bike 005
edit i have discover how solve the error, in unmodel prog open the vehicles and rabat model go to material instances and you can see a file named cockpit 005 so export it rename as 010 and put it in the lorenzo bike model in vehicles folder but maybe the game woud do some other crashes put it here so we can solve
Thanks I've done that and the game errors due to every mat_x file until they are all replaced then it shows 2 errors:
upload_2018-7-26_15-20-4.png
upload_2018-7-26_15-20-10.png

ok biker make a simple thing look at lorenzo vehicle folder and take the same files in the rabat model and renamed it according lorenzo folder tha put all files in lorenzo folder and try, don't forget to backup
It might sound stupid but I think it's some sort of anti mod protection or at least corruption detection that just has the side affect of mod protection
upload_2018-7-28_23-50-16.png

From what I can gather there's some sort of database file that stores the size of the mat files to check for corruption or perhaps mods that crashes the game when incorrect.

There appears to be nothing wrong with the model or textures (thanks to your help :) ) as Umodel loads them fine

upload_2018-7-28_23-53-55.png

I know this isn't the ducati but it's something else I was just testing

also i think it's something with the protection or database itself so til someone as not able to join with the database files we can not do anithing, sadly

Basically when you cook files, you sort of encrypt them.
This way, you cannot edit them or import them back in UE4 anymore. If you try to edit them, the game will realize they were edited after being cooked and will throw an exception.

The only way to edit stuff is to import everything in UE4 and cook them. That is to say, import the 3D bike in UE4 and cook it. But here it gets tricky. Milestone used a weird material setup for the bikes (evolving weather and grip stuff). You have to link every material to the bike just like the default bikes, otherwise it's probably not going to work.

Assigning textures to the bike and the tyres is easy, but there're other materials that are not texture-related, they are physics related. If you open any bike model with HeX editor, you can see this stuff.
If you want to import a new bike model, you have to recreate that material setup inside UE4.

I hope I managed to share my experience with you guys, I encourage you to keep researching.

I decided it was just too complex and not worth the hassle.

Basically when you cook files, you sort of encrypt them.
This way, you cannot edit them or import them back in UE4 anymore. If you try to edit them, the game will realize they were edited after being cooked and will throw an exception.

The only way to edit stuff is to import everything in UE4 and cook them. That is to say, import the 3D bike in UE4 and cook it. But here it gets tricky. Milestone used a weird material setup for the bikes (evolving weather and grip stuff). You have to link every material to the bike just like the default bikes, otherwise it's probably not going to work.

Assigning textures to the bike and the tyres is easy, but there're other materials that are not texture-related, they are physics related. If you open any bike model with HeX editor, you can see this stuff.
If you want to import a new bike model, you have to recreate that material setup inside UE4.

I hope I managed to share my experience with you guys, I encourage you to keep researching.

I decided it was just too complex and not worth the hassle.
Ah, that does make sense, I guess that’s why you were able to mod the AGV visor then. I’ll definitely have to try the assigning in more detail and I’ll make sure to post any results ;)

Edit: it's very complicated and I think I'm gonna leave it, I guess Tech 3 will have to have GP16's haha

Last edited:
hello everyone can help me?

Attachments

• Screenshotm).png
    Screenshotm).png
    63.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Screenshot (44).png
    Screenshot (44).png
    691.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    713.8 KB · Views: 314