Motion system with 10000$ budget

I have a rig with a tactile system built which i feel pretty good but from what i have read in this forum i with all probabity have no idea what i really good tactil system feels like.

Besides improving it which i think should be the first thing before going for a motion system i am thinking and thinking (or dreaming and dreaming) about what a motion route go for.

I like actuators because of the heave, and pitch to surf the road, but i see people with actuators and still using a seat mover to kind of feel de G-forces (even not sustained).So i am wandering which combination would work best for me:

1-Actuators+Seat mover (No traction loss, i am not building a >4 actuators setup in my room)
2-Actuators with G-seat (Simulated traction loss, and i wander if a g-seat fully replace seat mover)
3-Next limit Traction loss + Seat mover/Gseat (Missing the heave and pitch, but really would like to know how that nexlimit traction loss platform feels,if someone have it and can tell)

Or any other combination you find the best for you,i am just pointing these 3 out.

A G-Belt could fit on any i guess.

If you had around 10000$ what motion system would you build?(Not including pedals/wheel,shifter).

Last edited:
I would use just three titles, iRacing, AC and Dirt Rally 2.0. 4-actuator system, cheap DD and one OLED screen. Heunsinkveld pedals, shifter basic round wheel. Nothing fancy.

Chassis: $1,000 (All in One chassis due to the profile they use)
PC - $3000 - Dell with warranty
Screen: $2000 - LD C9 OLED, 55"
Motion: - $4000 - Dk2 - 3 actuator

Upvote 0
I would use just three titles, iRacing, AC and Dirt Rally 2.0. 4-actuator system, cheap DD and one OLED screen. Heunsinkveld pedals, shifter basic round wheel. Nothing fancy.

Chassis: $1,000 (All in One chassis due to the profile they use)
PC - $3000 - Dell with warranty
Screen: $2000 - LD C9 OLED, 55"
Motion: - $4000 - Dk2 - 3 actuator
For me VR is a must

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess, the 10000$ budget for motion system, is really 9000$ allocated for pc, cockpit, wheel, pedals, and maybe if anything is left, maybe get tactile vibrators...

The thread title budget has one extra zero as it seems :p
xDD, good point.

The title of the thread was to let experienced simracers consider anything out there in the market that i had budget for in order to build the best motion system from scrath , avoiding going cheap and mistaken.

After having all this opinions it looks like the more riskfree and reward route to take is static simrig with good tactile and G-Belt , and after that consider G-Seat and/or Actuators and maybe also wind

If i had to add all that:

Rig + Bucket: 1400e
Basic Tactile (2x Buttkicker LFE + Beringher 3000DSP):1000e
G-Belt:1000e (Or so , do not know yet since i am w8ing for the PT-Actuator G-Belt)
¿Wind?:300e
G-Seat:3000e (Or so,also waiting for the PT-Actuators G-Seat)
Actuators(SFX150):2640e + Customs duties(Up to 40% more)

Thats already 10000$

(Massive inflation...money worth less every minute)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
xDD, good point.

The title of the thread was to let experienced simracers consider anything out there in the market that i had budget for in order to build the best motion system from scrath , avoiding going cheap and mistaken.

After having all this opinions it looks like the more riskfree and reward route to take is static simrig with good tactile and G-Belt , and after that consider G-Seat and/or Actuators and maybe also wind

G-Belt:1000e (Or so , do not know yet since i am w8ing for the PT-Actuator G-Belt)

Thats already 10000$

I just wanted to report on my sfx150 purchase from eraciing lab... The elements arrived in three packages from different origin points (motors, actuators and servo drives)... About at the same time.... One of the motor mounts that goes on top the actuator was a lightly scratched from the trip and Alex from eracing immediately sent a replacement without asking any questions.... Excellent customer service the whole way... All questions were always answered in a very timely manner... I assembled and mounted everything in less than 10-12 hours (and I'm horrible with my hands)....all the necessary parts were supplied and Everything worked well immediately... It's an amazing system.... Super responsive, quiet, I don't think i can ever drive without it. I'm not even close to finish tuning it but that's an SrS exercise.
Only suggestions i have:

1) to remove the key from the motor shaft may be obvious to most but it wasn't for me. I just went to the hardware and found a mini hex screw and a mini hex key to extract the key from the shaft as it was insterted. tightly

2) when i watched saint Barry's pt actuator video, he received the servo drives and cables with labels indicating what goes where... the diagram received by Eracing indicates which cables goes where in the Thanos controller but no label on cables ... Simple enough to do and may save you time... (I'm an idiot and had an actuator wired the wrong way..)

3) before you connect to the actuators to the thanos controller, you should do a functional check of the actuators only...(also on saint Barry's pt actuator video) ...make sure you check all parameters as per the document sent by Eracing. I was too enthusiastic and didn't set my voltage to 110v us network and the servo deives gave me an error message... (But didn't blow up)

I said it already but this thing is absolutely amazing ... I don't have a life anymore since it's been installed....

AC and acc have poor telemetry apparently but automotibilista 2 has superb telemetry out of the box...
The way those rumble strips feel under your butt is just phenomenal...
Also I'm glad I took the 150mm... In Bathurst or spa with big elevation changes, it makes a huge difference...
And since you can change srs setting from your phone live, you can see instantly the pitch change when you are on slope and the car is stopped....

Upvote 0
xDD, good point.

Thats already 10000$

I also ordered a shake kit from SRS... I already had a buttkicker 2 and the shake kit is inexpensive enough at 300 ish usd... One pillow with four speakers under the thighs, and one more pillow with two actuators in the lower back... I think I'll assign engine rpm to lower back and maybe Wheel slip to thighs ... Apparently, you can assign acceleration and declaration to the thigh speakers ... I think the front ones vibrate when you deccelerate and the back when you accelerate...

I'll report when I get it if you want ...

Upvote 0
  1. P1X
  2. GS5 Seat
  3. GBelt
  4. Sigma Integrale DX2
This is what I am aiming for, so far I have the P1X and GS5 seat and will be working my way through this upgrade path
What made you decide for the dk2? I was also looking at them but i was not convinced by the 50mm range (is that it?) As i wrote above, I'm really glad I got the 150... Even 100 mm wouldn't have been as nice on those steeper slopes, in my very limited experience... I think the speed is the same as sfx at 250mm/s ... Is the software more powerful than SRS?
I did like the fact that it really looks like a true plug and play solution...
I'm not trying to convince anybody... I already bought my sfx150 and I'm happy with it. I'm just wondering if i missed something obvious ...

Upvote 0
What made you decide for the dk2? I was also looking at them but i was not convinced by the 50mm range (is that it?) As i wrote above, I'm really glad I got the 150... Even 100 mm wouldn't have been as nice on those steeper slopes, in my very limited experience... I think the speed is the same as sfx at 250mm/s ... Is the software more powerful than SRS?
I did like the fact that it really looks like a true plug and play solution...
I'm not trying to convince anybody... I already bought my sfx150 and I'm happy with it. I'm just wondering if i missed something obvious ...

The guys at Sigma know what they are talking about, their actuators are extremely strong and very fast with zero lag. If you mainly only track race then the range isn't as important compared to the response speed and detail.

I have nothing against the SFX and similar alternatives, what I was looking for was something quick and easy to setup with no risk of EMI problems, that can easily manage a lot of weight and that has all the benefits of DBox but is much cheaper.

The Sigma ticks all those boxes but just needs the software to mature which is in the works.

I firmly believe that Sigma will be a real DBox rival.

BTW Sigma have kindly agreed to let me try out their DK2 for a month once I get my rig all sorted out (I'm in the middle of a house move).

So I will keep you posted on how good it is, DBox certainly wouldn't send you one of their systems to try out for free ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The guys at Sigma know what they are talking about, their actuators are extremely strong and very fast with zero lag. If you mainly only track race then the range isn't as important compared to the response speed and detail.

I have nothing against the SFX and similar alternatives, what I was looking for was something quick and easy to setup with no risk of EMI problems, that can easily manage a lot of weight and that has all the benefits of DBox but is much cheaper.

The Sigma ticks all those boxes but just needs the software to mature which is in the works.

I firmly believe that Sigma will be a real DBox rival.

BTW Sigma have kindly agreed to let me try out their DK2 for a month once I get my rig all sorted out (I'm in the middle of a house move).

So I will keep you posted on how good it is, DBox certainly wouldn't send you one of their systems to try out for free ;-)
That loan is actually a great offer!
Have you tried any sfx, dbox, pt actuators?
The 150 mm is not a deal breaker and it's only useful on a few tracks (spa, nur burgring, Bathurst) but i respectfully disagree that it's not significant ... I set a limit of 100mm through the controller to see the difference and the pitch angle difference is probably 2-5 degrees.. more importantly, you really feel the difference when climbing or descending the slope...
Regading the software, sigma sent me a long email to explain that their solution is superior but with an equal speed of 250mm/s and people raving all the time about srs, i just couldn't be convinced to spend an extra 1500 usd.

Upvote 0
You dont need a lot for road racing - depending on what you like from road racing.

I agree that you dont need a lot of motion to convey what is going on - e.g. I like to feel like I have gone over a kerb - but that sharp shock doesnt have to be a lot of movement, I dont need it to replicate how much the car may have actually moved.

t My preference here is that motion is not over the top and any system, even with only 50mm travel can give you this range of feeling rough/like a milkshake or dialled back.

What the small range can't do is also give you the feeling of the incline of the tracks. If you like to feel that you are going uphill/downhill, on a highly banked corner etc then you can't do that on actuators with small travel.

Having this larger range to give you the feeling of incline doesnt mean that you have to use any over the top motion to convey the normal feeling of the car either.

Upvote 0
If you are serious in VR, then you should not consider anything less than 100mm (or even 150mm). When you race in VR and go over big banks or steep hills (or even at oval), and if your motion system does not have enough travel to move the rig at the angle to match the visual in VR, it breaks the immersion completely.

On the other hand, if you don't use motion compensation for VR or race with monitor, then don't bother going over 100mm because doing big movement with monitor breaks immersion. That's one of the reasons why tuning motion down works better for such rigs.

For me VR+150mm+motion compensation is the way to go. It overcomes the limitation that a traditional 1.5" system has and opens up the new possibilities for motion rigs.

Upvote 0
You dont need a lot for road racing - depending on what you like from road racing.

I agree that you dont need a lot of motion to convey what is going on - e.g. I like to feel like I have gone over a kerb - but that sharp shock doesnt have to be a lot of movement, I dont need it to replicate how much the car may have actually moved.

t My preference here is that motion is not over the top and any system, even with only 50mm travel can give you this range of feeling rough/like a milkshake or dialled back.

What the small range can't do is also give you the feeling of the incline of the tracks. If you like to feel that you are going uphill/downhill, on a highly banked corner etc then you can't do that on actuators with small travel.

Having this larger range to give you the feeling of incline doesnt mean that you have to use any over the top motion to convey the normal feeling of the car either.
Ok. Thanks for sharing .. you may be right. I did a lot of reading but I'm extremely new with motion platforms

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea