Tracks Mosport (CTMP) LIDAR

Can I add my 2 cents, I hope you don`t mind. When driving new F1 car from RSS, I found out that the surface is not that smooth anymore. I remember you were telling me you added bumps (and hope rebound too) manually, and this is what has happened: the road surface is now like a small saw, it has lots of teeth, you can constantly feel ups and down, I mean not normal bumps, which is not normal either. I would try to smooth it a bit.

Simracers: this track isn't shaking my wheel off its stand, please add bumps

Also Simracers: This tracks bumps feel too bumpy, please smooth track

-----------------
Only made a couple laps in the C7 Stingray and felt both smooth and bumpy parts through my T300. Great job, thanks.

Sometimes the same simracer will complain of both, lol

Kidding aside, overall I think everyone is enjoying the beta, it’s giving me a new drive to get back to it and finish the damn thing :)

Appreciate all the feedback! :thumbsup:

Seems fine with Porsche GT3 Cup, so, it is a good track. But I will make some laps with F1 cars to see what happens.

I remember one comentary from LilSki: on a real track there are less bump where people believe there is and there is more bump where people believe there is not.

In a real track there are more and more bumps of what many people think, the asphalt is not with the same fine grain of the road, the degradation is very fast at the beginning and then settle down over time ....

@Johnr777 thanks for the hard work, track looks awesome. New to Assetto Corsa and using a G29 Wheel.

Question
Is there anyway to add more grip to the track. I've done over 400 laps in the last 2 years at Mosport (in real life) in my 997.2 Carrera S manual on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and really find that the Porsches have no front end especially on turn 2 and turn 8 in the sim. The track probably has 2x as much grip in real life, hard to believe that the 991.2 Carrera S just sails off the track at similar speeds.

Anyone experience the same? Maybe I can adjust my settings somewhere. Thanks!

should be fine as it is. Have a feeling you're underdriving your real car perhaps? No one wants to leave a track day on Bob's towing up there.

in game data vs real data with roughly the same laptime in the cup car (it's sub 19.5; i can't say more). to most people, this should be "good enough". the differences in turns 2 and 8 between game and real thing isn't even big enough to be a concern as far as grip level goes. can you tell which is real and which is fantasy below? Y axis scale is the same plus & minus 2.5

J0MsPkR.jpg

vWnRQoC.jpg

should be fine as it is. Have a feeling you're underdriving your real car perhaps? No one wants to leave a track day on Bob's towing up there.

Had another go, this time in a GT4, and after slowing down a bit, found the grip. Comparing to my track friends' real life onboard footage and lap times in a GT4 (1:32) and 991 GT3 (1:26), I can get within a second now. So guess it was more about getting used to the Assetto Corsa tire model (all my other gaming has been on Gran Turismo).

Screenshot 2018-08-24 18.23.31 - Copy.png

Something to supplement Wayne's post...This was on an earlier version of the track (before bumps were properly added), but grip levels are about the same on the current version (well, they are besides the bumps, which inherently hurt speeds/accelerations a bit).

Great job! Needs a little bit more polish for the environment (e.g. some grass outside the fences, a bit more colour into the buildings/cars/people) and it's good to go! Thank you for working on it! :thumbsup:

PS.: I know that this is a stupid little thing, and probably I am the only one who cares, but consider naming the folder johnr_mosport or jr_mosport, the current one with the numbers looks so out of place from the rest of the folders. I know how to rename it to whatever I want, but I want to stay compatible online. But I really think I am the only one who cares, so feel free to ignore this. It's going to be a top 5 mod track regardless :roflmao:

I might have to engage the services of rF2 modders, as I have no idea how rF2 modding is done, lol

But hopefully I can get something ported over soon, probably right after I release the 1.0 of the AC version

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.