Tracks Mosport (CTMP) LIDAR

Here are the pics I have from this past summer. From the track walk views you can see the trees in the longer shot (by the flags), and the shadows of the trees in the closer shot. In the view of my campsite, you can see the actual tress, just not the sign (obscured by my trailer).

EDIT: @Johnr777 I have track walk photos of a full lap from this past July if you want them for additional reference.

Great stuff!

My initial confusion about those trees was more from optical illusion; it looked like they were positioned on the other side of that grass 'island' in the screenshot, but it was just the hill occluding the bottom of them. Camera angle and inefficient brain is all :)

I had the stuck bug once, but it was an invisible wall at an opening in the barrier at turn 9.
I spun out and while trying to recover hit the gap and stuck.

finally a ac / rf2 version.

one small thing, entracne of t1, on the left there's a concrete patch to the left of the white line that's missing. The drop into T1 also seems less severe in game, but other than that I'm just thankful someone finally made this for both titles.

Paabh7W.jpg

finally a ac / rf2 version.

one small thing, entracne of t1, on the left there's a concrete patch to the left of the white line that's missing. The drop into T1 also seems less severe in game, but other than that I'm just thankful someone finally made this for both titles.

Thanks for the feedback Wayne, I’m not on my PC at the moment, so this is from an older build I took a screen grab from... the paved area is definitely there

https://imgur.com/a/kinCHLH

Also the track is built on accurate data, backed with real telemetry. What are you comparing it to?

Comparing it to my library of mosport data with the various cars that I've engineered for the past decade+. I'll tweak damp plugin to log at a higher rate and see again, but tbh it isn't a huge deal. I'll boot rf2 up and check again.

maybe I missed the patch ut I doubt it as I use it as a turn in marker, will check my graphics settings. I haven't tried your ac version :)

Anyway, thanks again for the track.

Rfactor2? I never made a version for that game... so whatever you are running is definitely not mine.

Comparing it to my library of mosport data with the various cars that I've engineered for the past decade+. I'll tweak damp plugin to log at a higher rate and see again, but tbh it isn't a huge deal. I'll boot rf2 up and check again.

maybe I missed the patch ut I doubt it as I use it as a turn in marker, will check my graphics settings. I haven't tried your ac version :)

Anyway, thanks again for the track.
The RF2 track isn't the same as this one - the original RF2 WIP was only used for track side assets (and those are still only just placeholders); the layout was redone for AC based on LIDAR.

edit: Little slow....

The RF2 track isn't the same as this one - the original RF2 WIP was only used for track side assets (and those are still only just placeholders); the layout was redone for AC based on LIDAR.

edit: Little slow....

way slow lolllll, but quick enough to catch my post before my edit heh.

feel so embarassed i actually got out of bed and am d/ling the ac version so i can run a couple of laps before i go back to bed :D

dude.
this thing is unreal. not even those who claim they "laser scanned" this got the bit between the left hand exit kerb and the patch right between 5a & b; but somehow you did.

and the off camber bit on the exit of 1 just to the right of the exit kerbs.

mising a bunch of tire marks off the crest of 2 into the tirewall bottom of the hill tho :D

Glad you are enjoying it, also thanks for the support!

Just had a fun, clean race, with AI.
98% difficulty, 10 total (me included) Porsche 917/30, starting back of the grid, everything went well. It behave correctly and didn't do anything weird. Considering the nature of the car and of the track, I think it is a very good sign. They were probably a tad over-conservative between Turn 4 and 5 for the braking point into 5, but that is a difficult section so it is understandable. [FPS were smooth too, by the way.]

Thanks John!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea