Tracks Mosport (CTMP) LIDAR

Hey guys, I don't post here much so I'm a new face to most of you...

Anyways, late last year LilSki and I stumbled upon Peterborough, Ontario 2017 LIDAR data. Luckly Mosport or Canadian Tire Motorsports Park as called nowadays was in this aerial laser scan! LilSki was able to sort through the data and cut out the immediate track area, then I imported it into max and here we are!

Bela Valko from the rFactor2 community and the creator of this release: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mosport-ctmp-wip.7558/ is collaborating with me and sharing his well modeled Mosport assets so we can create a uniform version for both communities, instead of the ugly conversions floating around.

Some preview pics and a lap:
lidar.jpg shot1.jpg shot2.jpg shot3.jpg shot4.jpg

Looking good John! Always good to have more tracks built on solid data and not pure fantasy like the current Mosport out there. More NA tracks for the win!

This LIDAR is looking really solid good work guys and that WIP is looking lovely also this track is really flowing waiting with anticipation for the release :) only scanned or LIDAR for me .

• Deleted member 130869

One of my top 10 tracks across all eras :inlove:. Thank you. If it isn't being too greedy to ask, please do consider a historic (~1967) version of it with Bela.

Probably my first online race in GPL back in the day was right at Mosport, I cannot forget that Moss corner! I just checked Wikipedia to see if the track has changed and I read that apart from the road being wider there were no major changes. Is that correct? And kudos on the plan to release for both rF2 and AC.

Last edited:
Probably my first online race in GPL back in the day was right at Mosport, I cannot forget that Moss corner! I just checked Wikipedia to see if the track has changed and I read that apart from the road being wider there were no major changes. Is that correct? And kudos on the plan to release for both rF2 and AC.

Sort of.

The road was widened; but it was supposedly done in such a way at the racing line didn't change at all. In other words, they didn't just add a few feet to both sides of the track the whole way around.

Aside from that, the layout itself was slightly changed as the turn 5 complex (Moss Corners) was slightly squared off, particularly 5A - the elevations were maintained, however. The hump into Turn 8 was shaved down a fair bit as well. The pits were completely overhauled a couple times; pit wall extended around turn 1 after a fatal crash in 2001 during the Trans-Am race. More pitboxes added up to a total of 43 IIRC in preparation for NASCAR events (the truck series races there now).

Other upgrades throughout its life included adding runoff (especially in turn 2). A few years ago the runoff in turns 1, 2 and 8 were paved as well. Paddock was expanded and paved. All-new media centre constructed outside turn 10. Brand new tunnel under turn 9. All-new main gate and entrance area outside turn 8. Several of the spectator areas were overhauled a few years ago as well, regrading the areas; particularly both infield and outfield at the bottom of turn 2.

Also, the driver development track has seen many expansions, most recently a few years ago when the oval was partially destroyed to make room for further expansion of that school circuit. A new Go Kart circuit was built outside turn 8, partially on the side of a hill - track looks like a riot in its own right.

Quite a bit was removed from the pitlane area, after 2013... Assuming to accommodate a bigger nascar type event. Gone were the castrol building, and the tower right next to it. The only thing in question is the big tower with the lap info. Behind the pits... picture is from 2014, but nothing in google? gone? Makes my job easier LOL
mosport-updates.jpg

And we almost have a pitlane!

shot5.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

I had read a while back that the track had some change in the elevation of the back straight, that it used to be more pronounced before.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back